Replacing meat in diet?

Jbaggyballs

Awards
Hi guys,

I'm currently cutting with 2400cals at 205lbs. I get the majority of my fats from nuts and olive oil, and the majority of my carbs from oats and vegetables. I get plenty of leafy vegetables and fruits twice a day in a blended shake. My current protein sources are split 50/50 between whey and whole foods like chicken. Assuming my macronutrients are okay with my vegetable and multivitamin intake, what benefit would eating chicken give me over having whey or a whey/casein blend?

I much prefer having shakes as they're cheaper, easier and far tastier. Would my results significantly suffer if I replaced my protein intake with whey/casein?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Chicken will have more minerals and vitamins than a protein shake. I am always of the belief, eat whole foods versus bars and powders, but if body composition is your only concern, it does not really matter.

Both groups improved their body compositions and their physical performance. The group that had 3 meals from protein powder improved just as much as the whole-food eaters. In short, a whey protein supplement works just as well as solid food protein sources.
https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/tip-whole-foods-vs-protein-powders