Thoughts on High Protein and Ketosis?

E

ECWHY

Awards
I have been keeping my protein around 1-1.1g per lb of bodyweight. I fill the rest with 10-15g of net carbs, and the rest fat (130-140g).

So my macros look like:

10-15g Carbs
160-180g of Protein
130-140g of Fat

I do not own a blood ketone test but I was wondering if I should even be concerned about the protein intake?

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
What's your stats / macros? Goal (Cut/bulk/recomp)? I typically stay around 0.8g of protein. But I know people who do 1.2-1.5

E

ECWHY

Awards
What's your stats / macros? Goal (Cut/bulk/recomp)? I typically stay around 0.8g of protein. But I know people who do 1.2-1.5
162lbs, 5'8", macros in OP. I'm cutting right now (to 150-155) to get as lean as possible before a clean bulk. I may lower it a bit to be on the safe side since i don't want to get a blood test meter, but still want to hear a few opinions.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
162lbs, 5'8", macros in OP. I'm cutting right now (to 150-155) to get as lean as possible before a clean bulk. I may lower it a bit to be on the safe side since i don't want to get a blood test meter, but still want to hear a few opinions.
True ketosis, lower your protein down to about 100gr. Maybe bump the fit 20 or so and you're good

S

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
I use just the ketostix from target and they work for me as far as letting me know if I'm keto.

E

ECWHY

Awards
True ketosis, lower your protein down to about 100gr. Maybe bump the fit 20 or so and you're good
Appreciate it. 100g seems kinda low, but I guess it is around the .8g requirement. Since I do lift, I was thinking of going 1-1.2g/lbm instead. What do you think?

S

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
When going keto you can't go by the old school standard of 1 to 1.5 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight. To truly be keto tour fat intake has to be higher. Your macros should be around 65 to 70 percent fat, 5 percent carb and the rest protein.

E

ECWHY

Awards
When going keto you can't go by the old school standard of 1 to 1.5 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight. To truly be keto tour fat intake has to be higher. Your macros should be around 65 to 70 percent fat, 5 percent carb and the rest protein.
True, just felt it seemed low while lifting. I did drop my intake though. Appreciate the help!