Veggie Bloat

1. Veggie Bloat

So I have had moments where I am getting bloated like crazy

I have noticed that it is the most prominent AND most painful after I eat broccoli, was doing about 4lbs a week (Sam's club has 4 lbs of it, in 1lbs steam fresh bags for $5).

This week I have decided to cut out broccoli for the most part and replace it with spinach, asparagus and zucchini

Does anyone else get crazy bloated from veggies? I am on a lower carb-carb back loading eating plan at the moment and it's just one of those things I have noticed these past few weeks
    HI-TECH PHARMACEUTICALS REPRESENTATIVE
    Use Code PATRICK30 to save 30% on ALL HiTech Pharma Co.:
    APS Nutrition, ALR Industries, Formutech, LG Sciences, IForce Nutrition

2. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Food intolerance or build up over time. I recently had to cut out broccoli and have the last 6 months. I like you use to eat it almost everyday and a few pounds a week. It got to the point where after meals it was instant indigestion. Therefore listen to your body and swap it out. I have then switched to green beans and asparagus and boom no issues at all.

This can happen, our bodies are creatures of nature, but if we continually pound the same thing day in and day out there can be consequences. A few other food sources that happened to me was oatmeal (eating it almost everyday) had to ditch it totally due to bloat.

That is not uncommon at all, and it is seen a lot in competitors that go through preps for years and build up some tolerances to food.
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by ManimalPatB View Post
    So I have had moments where I am getting bloated like crazy

I have noticed that it is the most prominent AND most painful after I eat broccoli, was doing about 4lbs a week (Sam's club has 4 lbs of it, in 1lbs steam fresh bags for $5).

This week I have decided to cut out broccoli for the most part and replace it with spinach, asparagus and zucchini

Does anyone else get crazy bloated from veggies? I am on a lower carb-carb back loading eating plan at the moment and it's just one of those things I have noticed these past few weeks
    Yes. Without a doubt. Broccoli can bloat you like crazy if eaten in large amounts. Unless it is making you uncomfortable, like really uncomfortable, I wouldn't cut it out fully but maybe just decrease the amount that I have.. otherwise yes, you can try and replace it with other Greens that won't bloat you as bad.. green beans, asparagus, spinach etc.

4. Great responses in here. I would 100% agree, eating a lot of broccoli always makes me bloated. I've had much better success with sticking to salads and leafy greens like spinach, romaine, and iceberg to add in volume without the bloat. Asparagus is another solid option.

Broccoli is great for keeping you feeling full, but too much can often be difficult to digest and it can have you feeling uncomfortable and bloated
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

5. Great responses in here. I would 100% agree, eating a lot of broccoli always makes me bloated. I've had much better success with sticking to salads and leafy greens like spinach, romaine, and iceberg to add in volume without the bloat. Asparagus is another solid option.

Broccoli is great for keeping you feeling full, but too much can often be difficult to digest and it can have you feeling uncomfortable and bloated
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
    •   

6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by hamzazaidas View Post
    Yes. Without a doubt. Broccoli can bloat you like crazy if eaten in large amounts. Unless it is making you uncomfortable, like really uncomfortable, I wouldn't cut it out fully but maybe just decrease the amount that I have.. otherwise yes, you can try and replace it with other Greens that won't bloat you as bad.. green beans, asparagus, spinach etc.
    Keeping in a food source that is bloating him may not be a wise option.
    He can try and reduce it and take notes, but most likely if he has been eating so much so often the intolerance of the food is building up in here. Again very common with competitors and veggie intake when they abuse things. Eat so much over time = it may backfire

Just like anything in life .. there is a fine line of moderation .. Use too much of something and in the end it may come back to haunt you
    Law of diminishing returns.
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

7. Right on, LOVE all the responses in here and yesterday I left out broccoli completely and had no issues. I think I am going to go the rest of the week without it and just see how I feel. It sucks because it's SO CHEAP, but the cheapest route isn't always the best route to take.

Thanks for the input everyone!!! Truly appreciate it

8. I used to eat a lot of broccoli with my meals every day and noticed a lot of bloat also. To the point where it was painful to continue eating it. I tried cauliflower also, but same thing happened. I now eat green beans and asparagus as my main veggies and I feel a heck of a lot better. no more bloat.

9. Our bodies react differently. Agree with just decreasing the amount of brocolli with other green leafy that will not make you bloat.

10. Quote Originally Posted by FitAngie View Post
    I used to eat a lot of broccoli with my meals every day and noticed a lot of bloat also. To the point where it was painful to continue eating it. I tried cauliflower also, but same thing happened. I now eat green beans and asparagus as my main veggies and I feel a heck of a lot better. no more bloat.
    Yup! I cut it out completely last week and noticed a huge difference. It sucks because I like broccoli but I guess it'll have to be a sometimes food

11. Yeah I love it too but it wasn't worth the gassy pains. Glad you feel better
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. test and bloat
    By rhatid in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-17-2003, 11:08 PM
  2. bloat from t-final
    By goes4ever in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-11-2003, 03:39 PM
  3. gyno signs or bloat
    By DoubleUp in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-04-2003, 07:02 PM
  4. Nolvadex or Liquidex for ph cycle bloat control?
    By max silver in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-02-2003, 02:39 PM
  5. 4-AD and bloat
    By cpwhite in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2003, 03:25 PM