Enhanced contest dieting

greekgeorge

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys I have a precontest diet question. Naturally I never try to loose more than 1.5 pounds a week. If your on cycle though you should spare more muscle. After say the first four weeks when the gear is in full gear how much weight can you loose in a week without loosing muscle. I know everyone's different but what do you think is a general rule. No more than 3 pounds do? 2 pounds ? More?

hamzazaidas

hamzazaidas

Awards
Hey guys I have a precontest diet question. Naturally I never try to loose more than 1.5 pounds a week. If your on cycle though you should spare more muscle. After say the first four weeks when the gear is in full gear how much weight can you loose in a week without loosing muscle. I know everyone's different but what do you think is a general rule. No more than 3 pounds do? 2 pounds ? More?
Even if on gear.. I would say 2 pounds a week is the best you can do without really burning out your muscles too bad. Maybe closer to the contest, if you still feel you've got a few extra pounds to shed, then you can increase your cardio etc. to more intense and burn more in a week. However as I said, early on, I would aim for 2 pounds.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I would say the opposite....when you start you have more fat to lose so your body will lose it easier...loser faster in the beginning and less at the end

hamzazaidas

hamzazaidas

Awards
I would say the opposite....when you start you have more fat to lose so your body will lose it easier...loser faster in the beginning and less at the end
I do also agree that this could sometimes be the case.. but then again I guess it would depend on how many weeks out he is from his contest.