Can't. Stop. Eating.

Its Raider

Its Raider

Awards
Hope everyone is having a good day.

My stats before I begin. I recently lost about 30 pounds or so coming off a gym break. I haven't lost strength at all, I guess while on my break I leaned out? I can't explain it. But I'm:

196 pounds
6"2
Don't know my body fat. I have chest muscles but it also seems I have a tad bit of fat under the chest. It seems I always tend to have fat there.

I'm working construction now. Everyday is not super active but I am on my feet all the time. But we have days where I'm carrying 30 pounds or more all day. I tend to eat okay when I get home and for lunch.
In between is the problem. I binge. When I say binge, I binge. I cannot stop eating. Even after dinner. Ever since I started this job, I'm eating a pack of chicken thighs a night. I boil them before grilling to try and eliminate whatever fat I can get off them. I am a picky eater though.
In the morning I tend to have 3 to 4 eggs and 2 packets of grits.
Lunch I have at least 4-6oz of chicken thighs and some mash potatoes or jasmine rice.
Dinner I have either fish, steak, pork tenderloin, or chicken thighs and either rice or potatoes.

Even after big meals I'm still hungry. So I want to incorporate some snacks in between to see if that will help. We always have a microwave in our work trailer. So if anyone could suggest some decent filling snacks that would be healthful. Critiquing my meals would be healthful to. I have good genetics but food is my problem and holding me back from my goals.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I wish I had your problem and was downing all that muscle building food!

As far as your question...add some protein shakes to keep you full? Maybe snack on some peanuts or straight up peanut butter?

Try some OL Assassinate in you want to just curb your hunger..

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Bump up calorie free fluid intake as much as you can.

Swap some of those starches for fibrous veggies, or add them on top to help satiety and prevent overeating after the meal.

If you put rice and potatoes in front of me I could double my daily cal intake and still be hungry

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Your working construction which = a very high NEAT (non exercise physical activity)
your body is screaming for calories because your not really eating that much based off 3 meals a day.

The reason your binging is because of how much your not eating and should be eating to support your needs and caloric expenditure.

Binging happens from restriction, restriction, restriction, and keeping the body is so much of a deficit to the point where your starving yourself and you want to eat more. Then comes the overeating stage, and then redoing the process over and over again. Its a vicious cycle...

If binging is becoming a serious issue, you need to not ask for help on here. You need to reach out and get professional help because that is a serious eating disorder

Straight forward.. your burning a lot of calories so you need to give your body more fuel to support your labor and workouts. You can't run a car on no gas, and if you try to deplete yourself and go workout your going to feel like ass. The problem on why you binge is because your not setting yourself up for optimal workouts or providing the body with ample energy.

If you cannot control the binging, don't ask for help on here, Go seek professional advice and kick the bad habit and relationship with food before it becomes worse.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Big salads with boiled eggs and tons of avocado oil.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
BTW you are not over eating as you state you have recently lost 30Ib. You just arent getting enough calories. The food u r eating is nutritious but i think the best way for u to meet ur caloric requirements is to add some healthy fats. Coconut oil and avocado oil are my go tos as between them u can get a good omega balance (great for the wang too).

Its Raider

Its Raider

Awards
Your working construction which = a very high NEAT (non exercise physical activity)
your body is screaming for calories because your not really eating that much based off 3 meals a day.

The reason your binging is because of how much your not eating and should be eating to support your needs and caloric expenditure.

Binging happens from restriction, restriction, restriction, and keeping the body is so much of a deficit to the point where your starving yourself and you want to eat more. Then comes the overeating stage, and then redoing the process over and over again. Its a vicious cycle...

If binging is becoming a serious issue, you need to not ask for help on here. You need to reach out and get professional help because that is a serious eating disorder

Straight forward.. your burning a lot of calories so you need to give your body more fuel to support your labor and workouts. You can't run a car on no gas, and if you try to deplete yourself and go workout your going to feel like ass. The problem on why you binge is because your not setting yourself up for optimal workouts or providing the body with ample energy.

If you cannot control the binging, don't ask for help on here, Go seek professional advice and kick the bad habit and relationship with food before it becomes worse.
I think it is what you said above. Hard to hit my caloric needs when on the job. Guess Ima have to find a way. I don't think it's a actual problem lol, I think it's just because of more activity and restricted eating times.

Its Raider

Its Raider

Awards
Bump up calorie free fluid intake as much as you can.

Swap some of those starches for fibrous veggies, or add them on top to help satiety and prevent overeating after the meal.

If you put rice and potatoes in front of me I could double my daily cal intake and still be hungry
Picky on the green side. I def need more veggies though. I'll try and force some down.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I think it is what you said above. Hard to hit my caloric needs when on the job. Guess Ima have to find a way. I don't think it's a actual problem lol, I think it's just because of more activity and restricted eating times.
You identified your own problem, Make a thread stating you over eat and binge, and wonder why?
its becuase your not eating enough and your body is crying for calories.

So easy problem. start eating more... Hence why you are so depleted, your body is raving for food and you end up binging and practicing bad habits with food and involving yourself in an eating disorder.

if you are binging you need to get professional help and seek a therapist. Period. You are talking about a very serious issue and problem, nothing to just write off and think nothing of it. if you do that the problem will only get worse.

Simple answer --> pack more food, if your mood, energy, workouts continue to suffer, then again your not eating enough.

There are countless portable things to take with you:
hard boiled eggs, yogurts, string cheese, whey protein, prepared chicken/turkey/beef, cans of tuna or chicken, beef jerkey
rice cakes, granola, trail mix, dry/fresh fruit, bagels, muffins, cereal, sandwiches, PB&J's, pre cooked rice or potatoes, Sip on Gatorade for easy calories
Nuts, nut butters, oil's you can use in stirfrys or cook your meats with it for added fat, avacadoes

Also -> Drink lots of milk when you are on the go, orange juice, or anything that gives you proper carbs/fat and something easy to slug back while on the job.

Don't make this harder then it needs to be. Listen to your body, adjust, give it what it wants, and adjust. Monitor the mirror and then the scale.

But if you continue to binge you really need to seek help.

H

hsk

Awards
  • Established
If possible, maybe try to substitute some of the lean protein you are eating for more fat/fattier cuts of meat, slow burning starchy carbs, fiber containing vegetables. Too much protein is not always a good thing. Fats provide satiety and take longer to digest and do so slowly providing a slow burning steady fuel source. Just stick to quality saturated and monounsaturated fats as those are the most beneficial. Some examples would be whole eggs, avocados, olive oil, coconut oil, grass-fed butter, steak, lamb, bacon, salmon.

fitfreak_CP

fitfreak_CP

Awards
Another issue is your working construction and training so your more then likely dehydrated. Often people tend to confuse dehydration with hunger. Add more fibrous foods in to every meal and other veggies to keep your pallet more full.