The quest for bread. (regarding soy oil and flax seed)

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is nearly impossible to find bread that doesn't contain soy oil. I have found a brand that doesn't contain soy oil, however it contains flax seed. I have about 2 slices twice a week. Is there any cause for concern relating to flax seed being supposedly estrogenic? The people at t-nation have an article about how apparently flax seed is far worse than soy, although some of their articles seems to be exaggerations. So am I safe eating bread, or is this all one giant conspiracy from the bread manufactures to give men man boobs?

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As long as you're taking their indigo 3G you'll be good...

My friend had soy and flax once and look what happened
IMG_1489269739.600891.jpg

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is nearly impossible to find bread that doesn't contain soy oil. I have found a brand that doesn't contain soy oil, however it contains flax seed. I have about 2 slices twice a week. Is there any cause for concern relating to flax seed being supposedly estrogenic? The people at t-nation have an article about how apparently flax seed is far worse than soy, although some of their articles seems to be exaggerations. So am I safe eating bread, or is this all one giant conspiracy from the bread manufactures to give men man boobs?
It's likely present in such low amounts that it's not really a relevant concern, especially if you're not having it all that often.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You'll be absolutely fine. You're probably getting more harm from stress worrying about it than the ingredients would actually cause.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
But on a serious note, I also avoid soy (as much as possible w/o getting crazy) and I really like this bread
IMG_1489630650.045563.jpg
IMG_1489630660.328551.jpg
they have other kinds of bread too, none of which have soybean oil

hsk

Awards
  • Established
My local Costco just started carrying La Boulange Rustic Brioche Bread. 2 x 15oz. Loaves for $6.79.

Ingredients: Wheat Flour, Water, Sugar, Egg, Butter, Yeast, Salt, Canola Oil, Enzymes, Milk Protein.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Dave's Killer Bread is the best.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's what I've been eating. It still has flax seed though, unless there are some that don't.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Stop eating bread then.
If it's going to stress you out. Difficult giving advice like that to Snake Pliskin.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol! No, I'll still buy that bread since it hasn't been giving me issues as others have stated, or I'll jsut checkout the costco bread.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Lol! No, I'll still buy that bread since it hasn't been giving me issues as others have stated, or I'll jsut checkout the costco bread.
If you're referring to the La Boulange Rustic Brioche, it is a new item they just started carrying sometime in Feb 2017. I am not sure if it is available in other Costco's or if it is specific to my area for now. It is very good quality bread with excellent taste and texture. I have a mild gluten/casein intolerance and this bread was very mild on my gut which was an added bonus for me. I tried it plain, toasted, microwaved, grilled(grilled cheese), and made french toast with it and it worked well with every method of preparation. French toast was the best way to eat it and it was better than some of the fancy french toast breakfasts I have had at restaurants. All in all a good quality bread with an excellent ingredient profile compared to many of the mass produced breads. If you can find it, I definitely recommend giving it a try.