Cancer fighting foods!

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alright nutrition gurus, chime in here and lemme get some of the best cancer fighting antioxidant rich foods. Gotta protect the prostate, stomach etc.. everyone gets cancer now because they eat processed crap! What are the best cancer fighting foods !?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tomatoes could be worth a mention as well.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Second tomatos! There is so much good in that fruit one cannot begin to demonstrate.
Make a giant batch of spicy red sauce then freeze servings in individual baggies, and you have something that goes with pasta, rice, or you can make baked green peppers with beef stuffed inside with red sauce! Versatile.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ginger and garlic would be a good start

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ginger and garlic would be a good start
Good recommendations here, and definitely things you can pretty easily incorporate into your diet.

As for supplements, there are several of these things that I like to add to my diet as supplements (along with where you can get them from whole foods):

-Kyolic Aged Garlic Extract (garlic, obviously)
-Lycopene (tomatos)
-Bromelain (pineapples)
-Curcumin (tumeric)
-Spirulina (itself, I just prefer tabs to the taste of the powder)
-Boswellia (probably best to just get a supplement for this one)

I don't really enjoy eating a lot of vegetables, and I really don't like salads, so I make a lot of shakes and soups in the Vitamix blender.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not necessarily "cancer-fighting," but still healthy with a variety of benefits:

-Black Tea (mostly for ulcers)
-Black Cumin/Nigella Sativa (oil or seeds)
-Coffee

B

BigTree

Awards
Turmeric
Ginger
Probiotics
Any non starchy vegetable (not that starchy ones are dangerous, just not usually packed with anti oxidants like leafy greens, etc.)

D

deanX

Awards
Bumping this good discussion. Tomatoes are very popular for easier access and consumption.

CJuggernaut

CJuggernaut

Board Sponsor
Awards
Not a food but, supplement with a lot of research backing it's anti-cancer abilities (Boswellia Serrata).