Diet help

Bdohme

Awards

I really hope you guys can see this image. If you can't please make me aware so I can write it out. The picture is a diet plan I got from tiger fitness. The main tiger fitness guy used this diet while in college on a tight budget. I'm currently in lineman school and need to save as much money as possible. I lift everyday. I'm already eat pretty well but I need to really straighten everything up. I work out with a 54 year old who is jacked and a former marine. Both of them don't listen to anything I have to say because, they're always right. Don't get me wrong they are both jacked, with some help of gear, but I feel they don't know everything. They are always pushing me to jump on the juice train but I'm way to young and have no interest in it. I like doing it the right way. Need some opinions of this diet plan. Thanks for the help.

Thewerewolf

Thewerewolf

Awards
Your intake should be based on your output and final goal

Thewerewolf

Thewerewolf

Awards
5'10 I'm 216 pounds 20% body fat and I basically eat what you eat and I will put in an actual thousand calories of exercise I wear a heart rate monitor ecg electro cardiogram just as accurate as the doctors office, I remove my basal metabolic rate, Plus about another 20% for inaccuracies.

Thewerewolf

Thewerewolf

Awards
It's all an experiment, as long as you were consistent with whatever you're doing you will see a consistent results just make changes as needed let's say you're putting on a little bit too much fat cut your carbs back

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
TBH it's mostly about hitting your macros. If I had to chose 3 cost effective foods, they would be chicken, rice, & eggs to hit each macro.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
The diet in your picture looks pretty solid. You don't need to use the MTS whey or Huge Gainer shakes though, choose supplements that you like and fit your budget. MTS Whey is great stuff, but it isn't cheap. There are much cheaper options for whey protein.

Regarding the Huge Gainer, you could purchase a mass gainer supplement if you wanted to. But you could also use whey protein, oatmeal, and fruit to get similar macros and calories. This method would probably be cheaper than buying a mass gainer too, and the calories would be more nutrient dense.

Props for not listening to their advice on gear if it isn't something you want to do. Just because these guys lift weights and look big, doesn't mean they know everything. You can achieve a strong and aesthetic physique naturally, and if you're young then steriods would not be the right choice for you anyway. If you question their advice, google it, or ask questions on the forums.

But I think the diet plan laid out above is a good start. You don't need to adhere to that 100% every day, but use it as a template and use myfitnesspal to track your calories and macros.

Thewerewolf

Thewerewolf

Awards
I don't think he knows his macro target yet

Thewerewolf

Thewerewolf

Awards
Go to a nutritionist and get your macros done and then start from there used an app called (my fitness pal) it's amazing in the most powerful tool I've ever used to lose weight and build muscle

Bdohme

Awards
Go to a nutritionist and get your macros done and then start from there used an app called (my fitness pal) it's amazing in the most powerful tool I've ever used to lose weight and build muscle
Thank you for taking the time to give me advice. You have really helped me. I will look up some nutritionist in my area and will schedule and appointment.

Bdohme

Awards
The diet in your picture looks pretty solid. You don't need to use the MTS whey or Huge Gainer shakes though, choose supplements that you like and fit your budget. MTS Whey is great stuff, but it isn't cheap. There are much cheaper options for whey protein.

Regarding the Huge Gainer, you could purchase a mass gainer supplement if you wanted to. But you could also use whey protein, oatmeal, and fruit to get similar macros and calories. This method would probably be cheaper than buying a mass gainer too, and the calories would be more nutrient dense.

Props for not listening to their advice on gear if it isn't something you want to do. Just because these guys lift weights and look big, doesn't mean they know everything. You can achieve a strong and aesthetic physique naturally, and if you're young then steriods would not be the right choice for you anyway. If you question their advice, google it, or ask questions on the forums.

But I think the diet plan laid out above is a good start. You don't need to adhere to that 100% every day, but use it as a template and use myfitnesspal to track your calories and macros.
Thank you very much. You were a very big help. The guys I workout with said this diet was ****. Like I said they think they know everything. People have used this and it has worked, so it can't be all that bad. I'm gonna start it in a couple of days and see how it does. Can't hurt to try. I feel like my training is very good. I learned a lot from doing research and asking peoples opinion. I used to weight 200lbs at 5'9" as a freshman in high school. I now way a solid 205 as a 20 year old at 5'11". I've lost a ton of fat. I hope some day I can get abs. I've been working my ass off for them. Thanks again!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Thank you very much. You were a very big help. The guys I workout with said this diet was ****. Like I said they think they know everything. People have used this and it has worked, so it can't be all that bad. I'm gonna start it in a couple of days and see how it does. Can't hurt to try. I feel like my training is very good. I learned a lot from doing research and asking peoples opinion. I used to weight 200lbs at 5'9" as a freshman in high school. I now way a solid 205 as a 20 year old at 5'11". I've lost a ton of fat. I hope some day I can get abs. I've been working my ass off for them. Thanks again!
You're welcome man. With diet, macros and calories are the key. Make sure you're eating enough protein and enough calories to be in a calorie surplus. The diet above isn't anything magical, but if it allows you to stick to a plan and gain weight/strength consistently, then it can't hurt