Healing gut after antibiotics

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After several courses of Azythromycin and other Tetracyclines for the past 2 years, my gut has taken a serious toll.

It has allowed for candida overgrowth and bad bacteria proliferation. I had a stool test confirm this.

I have always been a regular probiotic user and I recently upped my game with healthy origins 30 billon units.

I had the first occurence of candida overgrowth 1 year ago, and it has never really left ever since inspite of 3 Nystatin courses to fight it off. It did fight it for 2 weeks each time, but the candida came right back after.

I have also been losing weight for that same period although I eat the same. Lost 5kg out of 81, mostly muscle.
My energy levels have plummeted, and I can't lift as much.

These are the supplements I have tried to restore my gut health and fight the bad bacteria, each for at least 4 months:

- oregano oil
- grapefruit seed extract
- caprylic acid
- probiotics
- kefir from whole milk
- nystatin (3X2weeks courses)

And I take daily:
- glutamine
- fish oil
- probiotics
- multivitamin
- whey

I have also eliminated from my diet all kinds of gluten and dairy except for the Kefir.

In spite of all this, I'm still unable to gain my muscle back, my energy levels are super low, even a short run gets me out of breath.

I should also mention my hormonal panel is perfectly mid-range for all values.

Anyone has any suggestion as to how to cure my gut, so that I can restore my nutrient absorption and my health?

sespress

Awards
After several courses of Azythromycin and other Tetracyclines for the past 2 years, my gut has taken a serious toll.

It has allowed for candida overgrowth and bad bacteria proliferation. I had a stool test confirm this.

I have always been a regular probiotic user and I recently upped my game with healthy origins 30 billon units.

I had the first occurence of candida overgrowth 1 year ago, and it has never really left ever since inspite of 3 Nystatin courses to fight it off. It did fight it for 2 weeks each time, but the candida came right back after.

I have also been losing weight for that same period although I eat the same. Lost 5kg out of 81, mostly muscle.
My energy levels have plummeted, and I can't lift as much.

These are the supplements I have tried to restore my gut health and fight the bad bacteria, each for at least 4 months:

- oregano oil
- grapefruit seed extract
- caprylic acid
- probiotics
- kefir from whole milk
- nystatin (3X2weeks courses)

And I take daily:
- glutamine
- fish oil
- probiotics
- multivitamin
- whey

I have also eliminated from my diet all kinds of gluten and dairy except for the Kefir.

In spite of all this, I'm still unable to gain my muscle back, my energy levels are super low, even a short run gets me out of breath.

I should also mention my hormonal panel is perfectly mid-range for all values.

Anyone has any suggestion as to how to cure my gut, so that I can restore my nutrient absorption and my health?
Checkout evomuse Gùt health. It's got another ingredient fructooligosacharide. It helps me a lot and I've a finicky stomach.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I had the runs for two months straight a few years ago. Had cultures done and came back clean. I tried probiotics, yogurt, cottage cheese, while eating clean...nothing helped. Finally found a product called Florastor that works a bit differently than your typical probiotic. Issues were gone within two days. It is the best.

I have had the same issue come up again in the past few weeks and am not sure what is causing it. I will be ordering some myself. I also plan to get some Evomuse Gut Health and stay on that indefinitely due to all the rave reviews.

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks a ton for the replies guys, going to give a shot to these

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I should mention that Florastor is available in stores at Target and Walgreens, maybe others too. I just picked some up myself this morning. Sick of this sh1t...quite literally. I am confident that you will be impressed and feel much better in a hurry. It brings back balance like no other. People have even used it to successfully combat C-diff!

Devonkev

Awards
I had something similar. Had the ****s for about 6 months after a double dose of antibiotics for an infected wisdom tooth. Tried everything of the shelf. Some helped but nothing really worked if you know what I mean. I did a hell of a lot of research and found a cue. I had to cut out from my diet completely- alcohol, caffeine, sugar and sugary sweet foods. I then started eating a punnet of blueberries, a tin of beans and a 500ml live bioculture yoghurt everyday without fail. Every meal has to be designed to feed your good bacteria. Eat lots of beans, oats, asparagus, berries etc. Consistency is the key.