Insulin Resistance Help

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have a speech Wednesday and I touch on insulin resistance and I'm looking for an easy way to explain this and why it's bad to the audience. I don't know how to word it so they will understand it and it not completely go over their heads.

To be honest I am not the most knowledgeable about it myself, so I would like to refrain from just reading off my note card the technical explanation. The class has nothing to due with nutrition, it is just a communication class and I am speaking on the lack of communication related to proper nutrition. So, the audience has little to no knowledge of it already.

Should I just say: insulin resistance = increased insulin production = worn out pancreas = no insulin production = high blood glucose levels = diabetes/bad?
The Solution Synapsin Driven2lift

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah. I would keep it about as basic as that. Speak to your audience. If they have no idea, dumb it down. Don't give a scientific explanation to people who have no interest in/understanding of science. Give it to them in a way they can relate.

Just a lawyers perspective

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah. I would keep it about as basic as that. Speak to your audience. If they have no idea, dumb it down. Don't give a scientific explanation to people who have no interest in/understanding of science. Give it to them in a way they can relate.

Just a lawyers perspective
That's what I was hoping to do! I know they'll be less than interested either way but I'd like to not kill them with boredom lol

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

The end. You're going to have to paraphrase that though, wouldn't want to get in trouble for plagiarism.