Weight

larbear1203

Awards
As of late I have been seeing my weight drop and lean muscle building this week I weighed in and saw my weight go up a pound. Now I have did have a chocolate cookie two times this week (was having a huge sugar and sweet craving) but I have also been sick the past three days. I have continued to work out 7 days a week is the weight gain from the cookies , getting sick or more muscle gain? As always thanks for the help

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
probably none of the above... 1lb is nothing. You couldve drank more, less, or different amounts of fluid that day; not pooped; had a random hormone fluctuation causing some water retention; bloating from a meal; et etc etc...

Stop weighing yourself so often and use the mirror more an you'll be fine ;)

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Water fluctuations, have an impact, e.g. i am cutting with a 1000 calorie deficit below my maintenance level and lack of bowel movements and my intake of water 8 litres per day can cause weight to be up 2-3 lbs some days and then stick for 3-4 days then overnight i can drop 4-5lbs, weight gain + loss is not linear.

Also like booneman states, mirror will be a better guide as scales are also meaningless for fat loss. e.g. you could loose fat + gain muscle e.g. recomp and not change on scales yet if you use body fat calipers or look in mirror changes are evident.