Post workout meal

Prueba22

Awards
i want something to eat that could be eat in a few minutes and pack a decent protein+carbohydrate punch, i was thinking about canned tuna and crackers, but i would also want to add some variety

What are your suggestions?

What do you guys use as post workout meal?

(i will take casein before bed, i want to now what to take post workout)

Food, not whey protein (i have enought buying 1 type of powder)

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I've been eating the tuna salad to go packets. Roughly a buck and they give a good bit of protein and a little carbs. Not a lot but enough to hold me over for a bit. You could do that or some real nice protein bars. Or heck if you wanna save a buck look at lunchables. Super low in fat and a good amount of protein to carbs. Not the best post workout meal but it's something.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Few of my post workout meals:

today was pumpkin babka bread:

Pancakes:

Cookies:

Cupcakes:

Sub:

Strifry:

I vary it up.

Prueba22

Awards
i will try to avoid a sugar overload, XD so i will discard the cookies and the cupcakes, thanks for everything guys, this forum rocks!!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
i will try to avoid a sugar overload, XD so i will discard the cookies and the cupcakes, thanks for everything guys, this forum rocks!!
All of mine are made with protein powder, far from a sugar overload.
Each Cookie
Calories ~ 110
Fat ~ 2.5g
Carbs ~ 14.1g
Protein ~ 7.5g

Each Cupcake:
Per Serving (6 Cupcakes)
Calories ~ 128
Protein ~ 11.5g
Carbs ~ 16g
Fat ~ 2g

Sometimes you need to realize that life is not all about casein before you go to bed (which is a myth)
Having an isolate post-workout. At the end of the day micronutrients do matter, macros matter, but there is more to the puzzle then what people deem as "Clean Eating" and limiting your food sources to X or Y.

I suggest you read this article which should open your eyes on more flexibility in your diet and stop restricting yourself.

http://www.simplyshredded.com/research-review-the-dirt-on-clean-eating-written-by-nutrition-expert-alan-aragon.html

" you can substitute any controversial food or nutrient in place of the word fructose, and the same principle would apply. A greater range of dietary flexibility is one of the luxuries of regular training. Sedentary individuals do not have the same level of safeguarding from the potentially adverse effects of a higher proportion of indulgence foods. And just in case it wasn’t made clear enough, 10-20% indicates the maximum, not minimum discretionary allotment. If someone strives to consume 0% of calories from any food that’s been processed or refined from its original state, then that’s perfectly fine – as long as this is the person’s genuine preference, and not a painful battle of will."

"f we use a 2000 kcal diet as an example, a flat/linear approach would mean that 200-400 kcal per day can come from whatever you want, while meeting essential needs otherwise in the diet. Weekly, this translates to 1400-2800 kcal, depending on the factors I previously discussed. One nonlinear option would be to break the weekly allotment in half, where 2 days per week you indulge in 700-1400 kcal of whatever you want, keeping the remaining 5 days relatively Spartan. Again, there is no universally superior method of distributing the discretionary allotment. The same principle applies to the choice of foods to fulfill it."

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A lot of Bob's recipes are easy to make and very portable. Great macros for anyone as well. I think some of them he made during prep which makes them very friendly to anyone. Subscribe to his YouTube for recipes.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
A lot of Bob's recipes are easy to make and very portable. Great macros for anyone as well. I think some of them he made during prep which makes them very friendly to anyone. Subscribe to his YouTube for recipes.
I am still in prep.
20 days out.

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Can blend up some oats with milk and egg whites and/or protein powder