alcohol withdrawal questions

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
so wasn't sure where to put this question. So as the past couple months I got carried away with partying. Was pretty much binge drinking beer and wine everyday for 6 months. So I then decided it was time to stop. when I stopped I went through horrible alcohol withdrawl. My symptoms were shakes, numbness and tingles in my body at times, anxiety, shortness of breath, fast heart rate, and feeling like I was going to faint at times. Anyway I detoxed myself at home by myself and after 3 weeks symptoms were finally gone. So after a month of no alcohol I decided to have a drink last night. I only had a total of 5 beers. now come the next day I feel like my withdrawl symptoms are back again ! is this going to happen every time I drink now ? Could someone please help me understand why this is happening when I am no longer abusing alcohol ???

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
It can take up to 2 years for your body that readjust from a drug addiction man. You need to stay sober for atleast 6-7 months IMO before you should drink. Speaking from experience here

beastmode1981

beastmode1981

Awards
  • Established
Well coming from experience also you need to put the plug in the jug! Bro if you had withdrawls like that your body lacks enzymes to detoxify apcohol. Its a real disease my friend. I am just under a year sober and i know now if i were to drink, i would pick up right where i left off. If you have a problem you need to address it straightforward. Its a tough thing to admit but it will pay off in the future i promise. PM me if ya have any questions.

Low

Low

Awards
I used to be a binge drinker, and i was really bad, woke up in jail so many times, and lost so much, hurt so many people, hurt myself. I got sick of it! Occasionally I'll have a glass of wine or 2 but then it leads me to a ciggeratte here and there, and then makes me do things I wouldn't normally do. When I drink I have to be extremely careful, I can get out of control real quick and stay stuck. Thankgod for being in shape now and having the body I have always wanted, I feel now I have more control then I ever have because I have worked so hard to get where I am at today.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
thank you for the response. I guess my body just doesn't process alcohol right anymore. I did not think I would be this hung over and having horrible withdrawl just from 5 beers.

beastmode1981

beastmode1981

Awards
  • Established
At least you recognize that. You are not alone in this matter. Talk to someone if you need to, hit up a meeting and channel any anxiety into the gym. Most of all keep your head up.

Shameous

Awards
It's a long process brother, I've struggled myself. Your body is striving for homeostasis, or a constant balance. As it's readjusting, if you throw some of what your cleaning out back in you, it resets your progress, and keeps your liver from healing. Never let yourself be bored, try to constantly be doing something to keep your mind off it.

And my gosh man, don't cycle until your liver is right..... Good luck!

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
thanks for all of your support guys!

Low

Low

Awards
Im not a doctor or anything but you Might want to take some milk thistle to help repair your liver, you can take it 3 times a day..

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Yes I already take nac for liver support but I will pick up some milk thistle to take along with it.

norcali

norcali

Awards
5 beers is also a lot after nothing for weeks! But maybe not for someone your size... I've done the same...stopped drinking for a month then feel like hell from just 1-2...

ultimately what we forget is alcohol is like poison for your body....yes a little bit is ok in moderation but still....

Just wanted to add to the milk thistle, B-Vitamin complex can also help quite a bit! :)

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Yes my body is just totally rejecting alcohol right now. I feel my body is so sensitive to alcohol right now from abusing it in the past. I withdraw so easily even after just a few drinks... Yes I do take a multivitamin and a b complex separately as well

Shameous

Awards
Still making it? I know a lot can happen in a few days when you're fighting this. Keep us posted.

beastmode1981

beastmode1981

Awards
  • Established
Shootin up prayers for ya bud..hang in there

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Yes and for life. Each time you drink, you will feel sicker. And your one step away from the next binge that may go on until you die brother. This is life or death. Please join AA (I am a member) and put drinking behind you.