Dipping (chewing Tobacco)

jramoska

jramoska

Banned
Awards
100% bro science and like speculation. Chewing Tobacco calms you and gives you a nice buzz relaxing you. I feel like it reduces stress which lowers cortisol which increases testosterone. Thoughts? I'm being Srs but 100% guessing there is noooo research backing this I'm just wondering what yall think. Plz no comments saying its gross or stop or anything I know.

Permabulk95

Awards
Haha total bro science, it is relaxing and feels good I agree but I don't think it's useful to rely on that to "reduce cortisol and elevate testosterone" , not worth it

Shameous

Awards
Your theory isn't a bad one, but I'm of the opinion that it's not going to make any form of a noticeable difference any more than calm deep breathing exercises would.

Lifting heavy and making sure your diet is good will get you where you need to be. If you like to dip, dip(I'm a dipper myself). Keep on chewing, but make sure you keep on lifting.

Good luck brother.

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
One of the effects of nicotine is stimulation of the prefrontal cortex. This is the area of the brain that is understimulated in people that have ADHD. RItalin and Adderall act similarly in the prefrontal cortex. Before you take nicotine that part of your brain is like Johnny 5 in Short Circuit: Need input!!!! You need something interesting/pleasurable to provide stimulation. So the nicotine is artificially creating the endorphin/neurotransmitter rush which results in the calming feeling.

c308d88f9e24a0e87e70925ad19c39c2cae411a95aa5312b9f0e3c671739ccfe.jpg

I do not think this has any effect on cortisol. If anything the increased CNS effects such as rapid heartbeat and dilation of blood vessels would increase cortisol levels. I have seen studies that state that nicotine and tobacco alkaloids are a potent aromatase inhibitor. That would in theory support a claim that it elevates testosterone. But a cortisol-testosterone connection, I do not think there is a causal relationship between the two.

Fat2Strong

Awards
There are a bunch of articles that try to say that tobacco in general is counterproductive. I love cigars. I have about 2 per week. I am not sure its lowering my cortisol or inhibiting it as I have put on a few lbs after smoking but I know its more due to my diet.

gagandugan

gagandugan

Awards
  • Established
I don't chew tobacco, but I will smoke a tobacco pipe few times a week. This is a truly calming, meditative experience, not just the act of smoking a pipe - but also preparing the tobacco, loading a pipe, using a tamper etc. But I don't think it does anything for cortisol.

jramoska

jramoska

Banned
Awards
I don't chew tobacco, but I will smoke a tobacco pipe few times a week. This is a truly calming, meditative experience, not just the act of smoking a pipe - but also preparing the tobacco, loading a pipe, using a tamper etc. But I don't think it does anything for cortisol.
There are a bunch of articles that try to say that tobacco in general is counterproductive. I love cigars. I have about 2 per week. I am not sure its lowering my cortisol or inhibiting it as I have put on a few lbs after smoking but I know its more due to my diet.
One of the effects of nicotine is stimulation of the prefrontal cortex. This is the area of the brain that is understimulated in people that have ADHD. RItalin and Adderall act similarly in the prefrontal cortex. Before you take nicotine that part of your brain is like Johnny 5 in Short Circuit: Need input!!!! You need something interesting/pleasurable to provide stimulation. So the nicotine is artificially creating the endorphin/neurotransmitter rush which results in the calming feeling.

I do not think this has any effect on cortisol. If anything the increased CNS effects such as rapid heartbeat and dilation of blood vessels would increase cortisol levels. I have seen studies that state that nicotine and tobacco alkaloids are a potent aromatase inhibitor. That would in theory support a claim that it elevates testosterone. But a cortisol-testosterone connection, I do not think there is a causal relationship between the two.
Your theory isn't a bad one, but I'm of the opinion that it's not going to make any form of a noticeable difference any more than calm deep breathing exercises would.

Lifting heavy and making sure your diet is good will get you where you need to be. If you like to dip, dip(I'm a dipper myself). Keep on chewing, but make sure you keep on lifting.

Good luck brother.
Haha total bro science, it is relaxing and feels good I agree but I don't think it's useful to rely on that to "reduce cortisol and elevate testosterone" , not worth it
Thanks so much for the Srs replies!! Yea just a theory but interesting about the Aroma inhibitor. Just wondering if I made ground breaking discovery thanks for the inputs. If I knew how to rep I would lol

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
Before I get called out on it swap the word dilated with constriction in my post. As someone who is still trying to quit tobacco- if you have not started or just did - do yourself a favor and stop. It the biggest waste of money ever.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
eireog007 Cycle Logs 18
eireog007 Supplement Logs 10
NCAA68 Training Forum 3
Nutrition / Health 16
Variocam Training Forum 2