Food question

larbear1203

Awards
Not really sure where this should go but I am looking to try to find foods that are high in protein but low in fat I seem to always be going over on my fat if I get higher protein any help is welcomed

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Chicken breasts
Turkey ground or whole
Lean beef
Beans
Fish - tuna, tilipia
Whey

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Lean meats (chicken breast, turkey breast, 93/7 ground meats, tuna, tilapia)
Egg Whites
Whey/casein

What are your typical protein sources?

larbear1203

Awards
Lean meats (chicken breast, turkey breast, 93/7 ground meats, tuna, tilapia)
Egg Whites
Whey/casein

What are your typical protein sources?
Vension chicken breast salmon ground turkey turkey bacon and eggs

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Vension chicken breast salmon ground turkey turkey bacon and eggs
Some of those are higher in fat, like salmon, bacon, and whole eggs. Don't eliminate those completely, but cut back on the fattier proteins if you're going over your fat macros

Clayton Ray

Clayton Ray

Awards
I use protein shakes that are balanced in fatty acids. Hemp and chia high in omega threes to support balancing omega fatty acids and pea and rice for high vegan protein.
I recommend vegetable sources of protein which lack all the saturated fats that the body struggles to assimilate or eliminate.
Spending wisely and deversifying vegan protein arrangements around my shakes add 50+ grams aday while I usually drink 100 grams of protein in shakes.
I understand the conflicting paragrims of whole food versus shakes yet I have a weak metabolic capacity and the shakes ease ne of the gastrointestinal discomfort of ingesting 150 grams of protein every day