The Use of LSD as both a Physical and Cognitive Performance Enhancer

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
Mods, if this is the incorrect forum, please move to the appropriate one. I am writing this post to highlight the benefits of my personal use of LSD (yes, 1960s true hippie acid) in both my athletic and mental performance. I am a regular user of this substance in both therapeutic and what others would consider recreational doses. Especially when combined with regular and consistent use of the nootropic Noopept, LSD is a potent chemical that has changed my life in so many positive ways it's hard to count. At the end of this post I will link to a few studies that may be of interest in validating my position.

First of all, I would like to say that I am 31 years old, I am a successful business owner, I have a healthy relationship with my family, girlfriend, and friends, and I have a Master's Degree in Healthcare Management. I'm not your typical gear or acidhead and this is not an endeavor I undertook lightly. I have previously been diagnosed with depression and ADD. Since beginning my LSD program, I have successfully come off all pharmaceutical psychotropic medications. The only things I take besides LSD and my nutritional supplements are Noopept and marijuana for medicinal purposes.

My current protocol consists of taking anywhere from 25-40ug of 99% pure LSD every 4th day in the morning upon waking, along with 10-20mg of Noopept and my multivitamin. Within 30 minutes, I feel my mood lift noticeably even though I'm no longer experiencing symptoms of depression. Colors brighten, sounds become more clear, and my visual acuity increases greatly. Thoughts begin to flow more smoothly, and on top of everything else, it feels as if I have suddenly gained a crazy sense of enhanced fine motor and balance skills. My thoughts are creative, but not fantastical. Everything about my day just seems...enhanced.

All of the things I mentioned about myself are things I have been able to accomplish while using LSD. Used in this way, it is called microdosing, and it is becoming increasingly popular among millenials and Silicon Valley tech execs. What most people don't know is that a large majority of the top 1% take LSD regularly to achieve breakthroughs in thought.

I have become a much more grounded, yet also spiritual person. My relationship with God is infinitely better, and I have a clear vision for what I want for both myself and my family.

To put things in perspective - 18 months ago I had just been (mis)diagnosed as bipolar, had been misusing my ADD medication, drinking, not working out, and my brand new marriage was about to end after just a year and a half. I had lost my job, and while I didn't give up or anything, I certainly wasn't being very proactive in fixing my life. I was just drifting and existing. Until I tripped for the first time. There is one overwhelming message I got from my first trip on acid - Cut out the cancer. I had people, places, and things in my life that were incredibly unhealthy. I cut them out. Since then, every area of my life has improved dramatically.

As to the performance enhancing aspects - it's as if I have a well of strength that goes deeper than I thought possible. What I think is going to be my last rep, ends up being next to next to last. I'm able to focus in the gym on maximizing the use of each and every muscle fiber. I can control my movements to a much greater extent, and my endurance is also dramatically increased. LSD has been used in extreme sports extensively for the last 40 years, by the way.

Now let me be clear - the doses I take for microdosing purposes are usually 1/5th of a typical dose. I do not see things move, I do not hallucinate, I do not "trip." When I take a regular dose, that is another story, but that is for different purposes. So, you must be wondering - aren't you worried you'll get brain damage? Trip forever? Die? Nope. There has not been one single death attributed to LSD alone. Albert Hoffman, the discoverer of LSD, took it regularly until the day he died, and he lived until 2008. His quote "It is a great shame - LSD would have gone on to be prescribed as Ritalin had it not been scheduled so harshly."

Here is your brain on LSD: This is your brain on LSD, literally - CNN.com

What most people consider recreational, I consider evolutionary. Steroids, LSD. I want to become a next level human. Used responsibly, these are tools that can help us get there.

Interesting Articles:

On the athletic performance enhancing aspects of LSD use

On Microdosing

More on Microdosing

On Increasing Job Performance

I'm happy to answer questions. Please don't ask me for sources - you know exactly where to get it. I hope this has been helpful and eye opening in some way! Let me know what your experiences have been.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not sure how long this thread will be open, but I'll bite. Do you foresee any issues with having to increase your "micro dosage" over time? In my past life, I have ingested Psylocibin Mushrooms a few times. Pretty intense results. Legal issues aside, are you advocating the use of LSD?

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
If this post is against forum rules or should be moved, I trust the mods to move it or remove it as they see fit. I can't and don't advocate the use of illegal substances, as the illegality alone is against the interests of harm reduction. getting arrested hurts, and I would never recommend anyone do anything illegal or what they feel to be unsafe. I merely wished to share my experience along with some cutting edge research.

To answer your question, no, I should never have to up the dose. After 4 days tolerance resets and I'm able to experience the full benefit of the previous experience.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If this post is against forum rules or should be moved, I trust the mods to move it or remove it as they see fit. I can't and don't advocate the use of illegal substances, as the illegality alone is against the interests of harm reduction. getting arrested hurts, and I would never recommend anyone do anything illegal or what they feel to be unsafe. I merely wished to share my experience along with some cutting edge research.

To answer your question, no, I should never have to up the dose. After 4 days tolerance resets and I'm able to experience the full benefit of the previous experience.
It's a good thing that you are able to keep your use consistent, but would you say that some people would find it difficult to keep the doses low and/or not use it more frequently, and then run into some major problems?

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
Possibly, but it seems unlikely. Aside from the self limiting factor (you cannot trip every day due to almost immediate and complete tolerance buildup that only dissipates with cessation of use), LSD scored a 7 out of 80 and was ranked as the 3rd least harmful out of 20 recreational drugs by the British peer-reviewed journal Lancet in 2010. Ranked 1st was alcohol with a score of 72, ahead of heroin, Crack coke and meth. 6th was tobacco with a score of 26. Steroids were 5th least harmful with a 10.

It is being studied for use as treatment for depression, anxiety, PTSD, ADD, and other conditions, including chemical addiction. However, it is one of the most potent chemicals in the world. Extra care must be taken to use it medicinally. If one chooses to use it recreationally, in higher doses, the chance for harm increases. And everything affects people differently, so those are things that must be watched for even though the likelihood is extremely low.

Also, the effects at a low dose are significantly different than recreational doses, and are almost subtle. If there are noticeable psychedelic effects, it's no longer a microdose.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You need to be off acid for a min of 10-14 days for it to be even close to being as effective as the first dose. This is based on my personal experience which I have way way too much of. Its not dose dependent. If its working the same for you each time at a 4 day interval, your not on acid.
I think the key to this is the dose. 10 - 25 micrograms(from the links in the OP), way less than the typical recreational user utilizes.

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
It is definitely dose dependent, but that's not the only factor. I am also taking Noopept, which activates more synapses and neurons as well as causing neurogenesis. The lsd in question passed the Ehrlich test unquestionably.

However, every 4th day is the standard microdosing protocol. LSD tolerance generally, as you say, follows the 10-14 day time line. However, with microdosing I am not looking to get a full psychedelic experience. The physical effects (increased energy mainly) don't seem subject to the same tolerance, and 2 days off in between microdoses is enough for my receptors to reset to such a mild dose.

Ultimately, will I have to raise my dose? I'd say it's possible. Maybe not if I only microdose say, once a week. But so far, and I've been doing this for 4 months, I've noticed 0 negative side effects and zero tolerance except after a true trip, and even then as long as I take 1-2 weeks off after a "recreational" size dose, I notice no tolerance whatsoever.

Others might have a different experience, and only need to microdose much less frequently.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is a very interesting subject. After reading through the links you posted (and a few of the others I found) I can see where there could be some benefits from its use. Do you think the stigma surrounding LSD is what is keeping this from being a medicinal actuality?

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
Yes, without a doubt. It's still illegal, and even though it's very safe, I think a lot of the problem is a hit back in the 1960s was usually 250-500ug...thats enough to take anyone to outer space! Today they are only about 100ug, so I think that has a lot to do with it as well. There are a lot of misconceptions out there spread by fearmongerers in the 60s and 70s.

You can also microdose with shrooms, but I didn't get as much of a benefit from that.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The problem with mushrooms is the variance in the amount of psylocibin from mushroom to mushroom. Even the moisture content affects the results.

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
That would normally be true, but I used dried and powdered mushrooms so that the content would be fairly evenly distributed. Still not nearly as effective as acid for regular use, but sure made getting shrooms down a lot easier!

enraged_chris

Awards
Yes, without a doubt. It's still illegal, and even though it's very safe, I think a lot of the problem is a hit back in the 1960s was usually 250-500ug...thats enough to take anyone to outer space! Today they are only about 100ug, so I think that has a lot to do with it as well. There are a lot of misconceptions out there spread by fearmongerers in the 60s and 70s.

You can also microdose with shrooms, but I didn't get as much of a benefit from that.
The stigma definitely hampers scientific research. The fact that so many "recreational" drugs are written off as having no medical value is ridiculously short sighted. Doing proper research is the only way to find these things out and find proper usage and benefits or risks.

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
I've recently found that, for me, the addition of Noopept is invaluable. It really allows for clarity of thought with a minimum of abstraction. I've cut back to dosing perhaps once a week at 18.5ug, as I'm currently on a bulking cycle and need appetite to be maximized, but the benefits are still great.

I think for me, 18.5ug once or twice a week combined with daily use of Noopept is the sweet spot.

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
It's possible, but I tend to take it for 8 weeks on, 2 weeks off and I don't notice any decrease in efficacy. As for the mood boost of lsd, honestly, after using it for so long it is extremely, extremely rare for my mood to ever be depressed. I seem to have a developed a perpetual realistic optimism, no matter the situation. Plus, being on test and correctly controlling estrogen pretty much takes care of mood regardless.

Wagner83

Awards
That last part makes a lot of sense too, do you feel any different with T, noopept and no lsd? If so what are the differences?

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
To be quite honest, I feel better on T and Noopept with no lsd than I do with T and lsd but no Noopept. That being said, T+Noopept+lsd = a conquer the world type. of feeling that lasts beyond just that day. Today is t+3 days and I still am able to notice a benefit from the lsd with regard to cognition.

I'm also able to control my emotions much more effectively in the midst of conflict, which has been wonderful for my relationships with family and friends.

Interestingly, taking my dose of lsd 1 hour prior to working out GREATLY increases strength. I'm talking an unbelievable amount. I'd hate to lift while tripping so I'm thankful this benefit is conferred at low doses. If you search Google you can find other similar reports regarding lsd and strength.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does the first day dosing of LSD mess with your sleep? Also, I'm lazy and didn't go through the entirety of this thread but, are you using nasal noopept, sublingual, IV or caps?

I've used caps and nasal, and nasal by FAR is better.

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
It does mess with my sleep if I take it too late in the day. I like to eat first before I take it though. And I've been using Noopept caps, I really want to try sublingual though so I will probably order some pure Noopept soon. What are the biggest differences you notice with nasal?

enraged_chris

Awards
It does mess with my sleep if I take it too late in the day. I like to eat first before I take it though. And I've been using Noopept caps, I really want to try sublingual though so I will probably order some pure Noopept soon. What are the biggest differences you notice with nasal?
Nasal has a higher absorption rate, iirc. And quicker entrance through the BBB

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Quick onset of clarity
Faster response to questions
some stimulation

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
Nasal has a higher absorption rate, iirc. And quicker entrance through the BBB
So is it essentially the same as taking a larger out of caps? What would you say the equivalency is, 10mg nasal = 30mg oral or is it much greater?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So is it essentially the same as taking a larger out of caps? What would you say the equivalency is, 10mg nasal = 30mg oral or is it much greater?
I'd say that's a good reference point.

enraged_chris

Awards
Ive read some people reporting the effects are different slightly. It's more or less the same. I've also heard many get better results with very low dose (5mg) sublingual. It's very important to find a proper dose for you.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The problem with mushrooms is the variance in the amount of psylocibin from mushroom to mushroom. Even the moisture content affects the results.
Did the mushrooms in college. (one of the students actually grow them in the campus green house). It was an A&M college, he would sneak in at night and pick them. I did LSD a few time but had no idea how much was on that dolphin paper.

those were some good times! use to laugh all night.........

Wagner83

Awards
I'll request the LSD and noopept combo in the olympus labs request products thread.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Cool thread. I quit smoking after taking LSD (not 100% sure it was LSD).

reboundclown

Awards
I am a proponent of micro dosing but have not done it with lsd due to lack of reliable source. Mushrooms and cactus are much more available in my area and the later can be legally ordered online. I consider it to be like a psychedelic cup of coffee.

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
lsd increases your motor skills, awareness, clarity. you become very in touch with everything around you. your brain seem to be awaken out of a slumber so to speak. your strength is outrageous when on this. your muscle control is astounding.

I had a friend who his grandmother was in a comma for weeks when I was younger. He went into the hospital and brought her out of the comma (on lsd). I don't know how. I can't explain it. But afterward he wasn't the same.

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
Well, I'm still microdosing consistently. Nothing but positive effects to report.

Also, combined with my diet, training, and gear I have gone from 6' 177lbs 16.5%bf to 185lbs and 8%bf in 6 or so months. LSD was and is a lifesaver.

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well, I'm still microdosing consistently. Nothing but positive effects to report.

Also, combined with my diet, training, and gear I have gone from 6' 177lbs 16.5%bf to 185lbs and 8%bf in 6 or so months. LSD was and is a lifesaver.
first congrats on taking control and changing your life.
Im very happy for you, and wanna say thank you for sharing this topic with us.

i find this very intriguing!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
somegreekdude Anabolics 11
Jabald Anabolics 25
Nootropics 19
locutus24 Anabolics 19
thebigt Supplements 30