being healthy to you?

DocOptimzed

DocOptimzed

Awards
What is the hardest thing about being healthy to you?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For me it's cardio. I just don't have time to participate in anything that would make this fun, so I tend to rely on running for cardio and absolutely hate it. It's a necessary evil for me

DocOptimzed

DocOptimzed

Awards
For me it's cardio. I just don't have time to participate in anything that would make this fun, so I tend to rely on running for cardio and absolutely hate it. It's a necessary evil for me
I can work out, I can eat healthy, but flossing on the regular? Bleh

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I thought I saw a report came out recently that said flossing didn't actually add any benefits

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I thought I saw a report came out recently that said flossing didn't actually add any benefits
It gives you the benefit of not having crap stuck in your teeth, which is a plus if you plan on going out in public.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It gives you the benefit of not having crap stuck in your teeth, which is a plus if you plan on going out in public.
Agreed and I floss. This is an excerpt from an article on what I was referring to... "ut, while the importance of flossing may have been widely accepted, the evidence supporting it turns out to be surprisingly thin. At least that’s the conclusion of health experts who developed the recently released Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2015-2020. These guidelines are issued every five years by the U.S. Department of Health and Humans Services and the U.S. Department of Agriculture “…to reflect the current body of scientific evidence on nutrition, food, and health.” The 2010 edition included this sentence:

“A combined approach of reducing the amount of time sugars and starches are in the mouth, drinking fluoridated water, and brushing and flossing teeth, is the most effective way to reduce dental caries.”

But, the latest edition leaves this sentence out. That’s because the authors of these guidelines could not find convincing evidence to support flossing, and the guidelines are supposed to be evidence-based. According to reviews of the evidence published in 2011 and 2015, there is minimal, short-term, and generally unreliable evidence that flossing might reduce gum inflammation, but no convincing evidence that it promotes plaque removal or prevents tooth decay or dental caries (cavities)."