Doc visit

machwon04

Awards
  • Established
Been having some GI issues lately and decided to get checked out at the doc. He asked me about my diet, and i told him i tried to take in a lot of protein, and was supplementing protein shakes here and there. His response: "why?" I told him because i work out and lift weights and needed it to build muscle. He said "are you not getting enough protein via solid foods? The human body can only process 50-60g of protein per day." I pretty much quit listening at that point. Of course he was a bony dude with the figure of a pencil. He said something about bodybuilders consuming powders that have performance enhancing drugs mixed in, which is why they are so big. He was quick to prescribe me prilosec, an abdominal xray and some blood work. He's earning his paycheck from the clinic for sure.
I've been nauseous and only eating once/twice a day for a week now, and have still managed 50-60g via solid foods, yet I've managed to lose 5 pounds with noticeable physique changes for the worse. But sure, go by what the textbook says....

jramoska

jramoska

Banned
Awards
They don't know what they are talking about half the time. Life isn't by the text book all the time, especially the body!

Nccope

Nccope

Awards
I just got over something like that last month it was gastroenteritis but the doctor kept trying to say it was my appendix, but i had alot of liquid stools which isnt common with appendix probelms. i hope you get it fixed because i lost 10 lbs, and i like deflated so i feel your pain man

machwon04

Awards
  • Established
I just got over something like that last month it was gastroenteritis but the doctor kept trying to say it was my appendix, but i had alot of liquid stools which isnt common with appendix probelms. i hope you get it fixed because i lost 10 lbs, and i like deflated so i feel your pain man
How did they diagnose the gastroenteritis? Did you take something to fix it or just have to let it fix itself? I really don't want to have anything shoved down my throat and into my stomach if i can avoid it.

Nccope

Nccope

Awards
The doctor just guessed i suppose, they gave me two different kinds of antibotics, but they could tell from a blood or stool sample most times. Its very rare i think that they would have to scope your colon, you didnt go super detailed on your symptoms so i can really tell you for sure. I would bet on a blood panel for white blood cell count and maybe a stool sample at least man.

Nccope

Nccope

Awards
Its worth noting he guessed because i also had a fever of 102 with everything else, so he didnt feel the need to run the tests on me.

machwon04

Awards
  • Established
I didnt have a fever. Lots of liquid stools - going 4-5 times/day. Gastro discomfort and gas. Nausea and loss of appetite - like the thought of eating made me sick to my stomach. Felt bloated at times and had some indigestion.
My appetite has returned a little today, and I don't feel nauseous anymore, but the rest of the symptoms still remain.

Nccope

Nccope

Awards
That almost sounds like food poisoning or a really prolonged gallbladder attack man

machwon04

Awards
  • Established
That almost sounds like food poisoning or a really prolonged gallbladder attack man
I looked up the gallbladder thing - it's definitely some of the same symptoms. I went ahead and had the blood drawn for the 3 panels they requested. Hopefully I'll hear something back tomorrow afternoon. Most of the symptoms are finally starting to calm down, except for the indigestion. I keep burping and still feel a little bloated.

Nccope

Nccope

Awards
Well all i can tell you is do everything you can to keep your gallbladder i know several people who had it removed and they never have solid stools anymore ever. But they will most likely tell you no dairy,grease,fats or spicy foods (this was what got me) i had a pretty bad attack once but now im fine, i drink whole milk and everything still, but it only happened once to me if it recurs it may be a problem. I would look into milk thistle or tudca for liver and gallbladder health

machwon04

Awards
  • Established
Well, gallbladder, liver and kidney enzymes all came back fine. No idea what the problem is.

Nccope

Nccope

Awards
The only other thing then i can think of is a parasite or something, if all this stuff is coming back normal and your still having problems or a ulcer. It sounds like they might have to end up sticking things in places if you really want to find out whats wrong. I am truly sorry that nobody has figured out the problem yet.