New Topic of the Week: Best Tasting Yet Healthy Protein Bars

Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last
  1. Administrator

New Topic of the Week: Best Tasting Yet Healthy Protein Bars

Which one is it in your opinion. I love the Oh Yeah One Bars but they do contain the normal suspects that I don't like to consume a lot of. Sugar alcohols, sweeteners, etc..

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

2. This is always my issue @Admin. The sweetners and sugar alcohols. I know that it's better than eating a real candy bar, but I wonder how good it really is for my body. Almost as if it seems too good to be true.

None the less I enjoy smores, white chocolate raspberry and pumpkin pie quest bars, mission 1 cookies and cream, venture bars cookie dough and oh yeah one birthday cake bars.

One thing I really want to try just haven't ordered yet because of the price is John meadows best bar ever. The whole concept is just great. Definitely worth the money, just haven't brought myself to actually hitting the order button lol
    •   

3. Administrator

Interesting. They are expensive but they say its 25% bigger than most. Has anyone tried these? What do they taste like?

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Interesting. They are expensive but they say its 25% bigger than most. Has anyone tried these? What do they taste like?
    I just like the fact that they have close expiration dates, ie real food. Not low carb, like most bars, but nutrient dense.

5. This is gonna be a good thread. I can't tell the difference between so many of these bars, but I want a good alternative for healthy bars on the go.
    •   

6. Best Bar Ever bars are pretty damn good and have great ingredients.

7. Quote Originally Posted by booksbooks View Post
    Best Bar Ever bars are pretty damn good and have great ingredients.
    What flavors have you had?
  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

If you want a very healthy bar with minimal ingredients RISE bars. They have 5-6 total ingredients.

The term "healthy" is very subjective just how people characterize foods as "Clean" . You are buying a protein bar for convenience, most chances are their will be preservatives and sugar alcohols to help flavor and hold the bar together. Just like how people claim whey is clean and healthy, but is processed to a large extreme.

My suggestions for bars based off my taste buds:

Oh yeah One Bars and Grenade bars. Texture and taste are both fantastic.
    Quest bars are good, but settle very heavy for me and leave me bloated sometimes.
    Mission 1 Bars are too soft like Fit Elite. Basically like laffy taffy. Taste is ok, but there are better ones out there
    Venture bars have a oily consistency to them, and the taste is decent at best.
    Fit Crunch PB and Cookies and Cream are my favorite, but very heavy in calories but also not the healthiest per say looking at ingredient profile.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

9. Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Which one is it in your opinion. I love the Oh Yeah One Bars but they do contain the normal suspects that I don't like to consume a lot of. Sugar alcohols, sweeteners, etc..
    What's your definition of "healthy"?

10. Name:  f4c582151133601d69716ca5ed7c7f1b.jpg
Views: 1035
Size:  54.3 KB

wish these had less carbs and a little more protein, but they taste real good and a box of 4 is $5 at walmart.
  11. Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Robert5891 View Post
    What's your definition of "healthy"?
    For me, minimal impact on insulin but obviously thats difference for everyone.

12. 9 times out of 10 I'm going to want a good amount of protein in my bar otherwise it's basically fitting into my diet as a cheat. If it's a cheat then I'm grabbing a real cookie lol.
  13. Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by EMPIREMIND View Post
    9 times out of 10 I'm going to want a good amount of protein in my bar otherwise it's basically fitting into my diet as a cheat. If it's a cheat then I'm grabbing a real cookie lol.
    Having protein is a must, but its just the other stuff I don't want.

14. There are several protein/energy bar options that have a relatively healthy ingredient list (ie. healthy fats, no artificial stuff, etc) that also do not cause GI distress. However, it may not be really that healthy if in the end if they are not satisfying or filling and that leads to over-eating or justifying other unhealthy eating habits.

For that reason, I choose the bars I eat based on what will likely prevent me from straying too far from my diet plan...
    You may not agree they are healthy but that list includes: Grenade Carb Killa, ISS One bar, Daryl Performance line (CAN), Lenny & Larry cookies, Met-rx Big 100 etc
    Olympus Labs Rep - DemiGod
    For OL related questions e-mail me at [email protected]
    Use GNO30 for 30% off www.Olympus-labs.com
  15. Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by GNO View Post
    However, it may not be really that healthy if in the end if they are not satisfying or filling and that leads to over-eating or justifying other unhealthy eating habits.

Never had a problem with that even when dieting. That generally means you are lacking in other areas.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Never had a problem with that even when dieting. That generally means you are lacking in other areas.
    I'm not saying I do this but think some (and I mean some) eat a low cal bar, go have a pizza and "say well at least I only had a quest bar". My point was it's not healthy unless it's a part of an overall healthy diet.
  17. Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by GNO View Post
    I'm not saying I do this but think some (and I mean some) eat a low cal bar, go have a pizza and "say well at least I only had a quest bar". My point was it's not healthy unless it's a part of an overall healthy duet.
    Yeah. I don't ever feel a bar should be able to give me a feeling of satiety but it would be cool if it did. Lol

18. Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Yeah. I don't ever feel a bar should be able to give me a feeling of satiety but it would be cool if it did. Lol
    I have never got "full" off any bar if eating on an empty stomach. But relatively speaking, some are more filling/satisfying.

Ever eat a 150-250 cal bar and feel like you didn't eat anything??? Lol

19. I like SAN Rawfusion bars a lot, especially the chocolate coconut flavor.

20. Quote Originally Posted by classyplastic View Post
    Name:  f4c582151133601d69716ca5ed7c7f1b.jpg
Views: 1035
Size:  54.3 KB

wish these had less carbs and a little more protein, but they taste real good and a box of 4 is $5 at walmart.
    Addicted to these and Fit Crunch bars
    www.youtube.com keyword SuppTalk Radio

21. What about making your own out of PB, oats, protein powder, eggs or egg whites, etc.

That way you control the ingredients and limit the ones that can impact your blood sugar?

22. Quote Originally Posted by double s View Post
    Addicted to these and Fit Crunch bars
    both are soy protein heavy....

23. Quote Originally Posted by Robert5891 View Post
    What about making your own out of PB, oats, protein powder, eggs or egg whites, etc.

That way you control the ingredients and limit the ones that can impact your blood sugar?
    I make my own bars often to keep my macros in check and $$ in my wallet

24. Quote Originally Posted by EMPIREMIND View Post
    I just like the fact that they have close expiration dates, ie real food. Not low carb, like most bars, but nutrient dense.
    what makes it special....high fat, high sugar,...I'll pass..

25. Quote Originally Posted by EMPIREMIND View Post
    What flavors have you had?
    Apple something and a chocolate peanut butter one that tasted like a PayDay.
  •