New Topic of the Week: Best Tasting Yet Healthy Protein Bars

Page 9 of 10 First ... 78910 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Cinnamon Roll by Oh yeah
    Iced Cinnamon Crunch by My Bar

Both >>>> MusclePharm

The real GOAT of Cinnamon is Cinnamon Twist Fit Crunch, and NOTHING comes close.
    That seals it, then. Roll the credits. I'm going to eat the **** out of those. Thanks for the info, by the way.
    "It's the human condition to always lust, to always lust for more
    Searching in the dark, it's time to tame your wandering heart."

2. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

ProSupps MyCookie White Chocolate Chip

Taste

White Chocolate Chip – The cookie provides an underwhelming dark chocolate flavor. This icing reminded me of a sweet cream icing, but the chocolate flavor had a touch of bitterness to it that lasted into the aftertaste. The chocolate flavoring does need improved on this one, and there is barley any white chocolate chips. The soft texture helps in the flavoring to give it a brownie like resemblance, but the chocolate is too faint to really stick out to other chocolate-based protein snacks on the market.

Texture

Take a protein bar and cram it into the shape of a cookie. These are very soft but dense. Very similar to the MyBar and how the inside has a brownie like texture, the same aspect carried to the cookies. The outside has a small hint of the glaze that covers the MyBar’s to correlate to the flavor of the cookie. Yes they are soft and have a good consistency to them, but don’t be fooled it's a protein bar in the form of a circle and labeled a cookie.

Macros

For all the ProSupps MyCookie’s they are the same macros:

8g Fat
    36g Carbs
    18g Protein

Each cookie uses Brown Rice Flour to give this a very soft brownie like texture.
    White Chocolate Wafers are included to give the white chocolate flavoring.
    WPI / WPC protein blend makes up the 18g of protein in the cookie.
    Soy protein isolate may turn some fans away who absolutely despise soy.
    Fat content is high from vegetables oil’s, margarine, and palm oil. These also help with the texture of the product.
    All MyCookie’s are Gluten Free

Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
    •   

3. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

ProSupps MyCookie Chocolate Chip

Taste

Chocolate Chip – I enjoyed this one over the White chocolate chip for a few reasons. Both cookies are very soft in texture that gives you a fresh baked cookie vibe. The regular chocolate chip has the chocolate chip flavor and a small hint of cookie dough aftertaste. There are present chocolate chips in this one compared to the white chocolate which barley had any. The chocolate glaze is great and gives you a milk chocolate tone that meshes with the cookie to form a great complimentary taste.

Texture

Take a protein bar and cram it into the shape of a cookie. These are very soft but dense. Very similar to the MyBar and how the inside has a brownie like texture, the same aspect carried to the cookies. The outside has a small hint of the glaze that covers the MyBar’s to correlate to the flavor of the cookie. Yes they are soft and have a good consistency to them, but don’t be fooled it's a protein bar in the form of a circle and labeled a cookie.

Macros

8g Fat
    36g Carbs
    18g Protein

Each cookie uses Brown Rice Flour to give this a very soft brownie like texture.
    Fat content is high from vegetables oil’s, margarine, and palm oil. These also help with the texture of the product.

Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

4. Quote Originally Posted by Wimsicle View Post
    I saw on Instagram that these are '4g net carbs'... How with 12g of sugar lmfao
    They do not count allulose in the net carbs, i think.
    ARA/ Evomuse Log.... Follow and laugh at my mediocre results http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/282586-evomuse-ara-log.html#post5403818

5. I like the ones they try to turn into brownies. They always seem to taste the best to me.
    •   

6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

ProSupps MyCookie Red Velvet

Taste

Red Velvet – Red Velvet is one of my flavors I enjoy from time to time, but for some reason many companies have a hard time nailing the flavor. Upon first bite of the Red Velvet MyCookie the base resembled almost an identical taste of the chocolate chip base with white chocolate chip cookies meshed together. There is a small white glaze on the top of the cookie that gives a cream cheese vibe, but the flavor is very subtle. Overall I expected to get a dense cocoa flavor with a cream cheese balance, but that is a far cry. Overall if you are looking for a strong red velvet flavor the Red Velvet MyCookie is far from that. If you took a bite with your eyes closed you would think it is one of the original flavors off the line.

Texture

Macros

8g Fat
    36g Carbs
    18g Protein

Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  7. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Snap Nutrition Caramel Pretzel Protein Bar

Taste

Caramel Pretzel - The caramel provides the right amount of flavor, and the aftertaste of the pretzel saltiness is a nice touch. Both flavors compliment each other well, but are not going to blow you away as a low calorie snack. The incredibly soft rice krispy treat center provides a nice touch that enhances the overall experience. A good flavor, I still rank Chocolate Peanut Butter the best off the line.

Formula

Calories - 160, 6g Fat, 18g Carbs, 15g Protein. For a low calorie snack this fits the bill, and it also has 8g of fiber to help with curbing appetite and hunger. This packs a bit more calories then a quest cereal bar, but worth it for the flavor and texture.

Texture

The bar is very soft and the inside has a Rice Krispy treat makeup. Just touching it with my finger the bar started to break.

Cost

You can grab a box for around $14 for 7 bars. While $2 a bar is pretty common on the protein market this is very convenient and competitive to other major brands. For the texture and taste these are worth it. Not to mention they pack more flavor then a quest cereal bar at the expense of some more calories.

Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

8. Quest blueberry.

9. I usually take Cliff Protein bars with me when I go to the field for the army. They're pretty damn good and like 20-something protein and low fat.
  10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Fitjoy Grandma Lemon Square

Taste

Grandma Lemon Square – First off I am not a huge lemon fan, but if I can tolerate something lemon that speaks volume. These Fitjoy bars are a perfect replica of a lemon square dessert. Upon first bite you get a dense lemon flavor that has a zesty taste lingering upon your taste buds. The frosting on the bars provides a luscious aftertaste that has a sugary vibe to it. You also get a slight hint of the crust of a lemon square that rounds all aspects of the dessert. Fitjoy really did a good job here as I would rate this as one of their best flavors bars on their line. If you are a fan of lemon this will be a homerun.

Texture
    Fitjoy bars are on the soft side. If you let them sit out at room temperature you can pierce them with your fingers. They are a touch harder than the old Mission 1 bars which are like laffy taffy. If you enjoy soft bars this is right up your alley. If you let these sit out they can virtually melt in the heat or humidity. They are a touch softer than Oh Yeah One and Dymatize Bars.

Formula

7g Fat
    25g Carbs
    20g Protein
    11g Fiber

A very well balanced bar with macros and calories. One major thing I enjoy is the 4g of sugars. Some protein bars are very high in sugar alcohols which can cause excessive bloating. Fitjoy is also and is free of GMO’s, gluten, artificial flavors, colors, and sweeteners which a lot of people may enjoy, and find them easier to digest.

Cost
    A box of 12 bars you can find for around $20-25 which is very reasonable. Most places will charge around $2 a bar, and if on special it is reduced to around $1.50. Fitjoy is cost effective and are a huge seller on the market since they were introduced. These are priced very fair and competitive with the other major brand names like MuscleTech, Oh Yeah, Prosupps, and Quest.

Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

11. When you guys count carb intake do you minus out dietary fiber?
    .:Share your energy where itís appreciated:.
    Follow my journey -> IG: kelseyjfit
    RXS Supplement Athlete: Code KELSEY for 25% off at rxssupplements.com
  12. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kjkitzman View Post
    When you guys count carb intake do you minus out dietary fiber?
    Count everything. Fiber still has calories and is digested.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

13. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Count everything. Fiber still has calories and is digested.
    thanks that is what I have always done, some people don't so wanted to double check with the experts...
  14. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kjkitzman View Post
    thanks that is what I have always done, some people don't so wanted to double check with the experts...
    Well you have to realize it is still digested in the small intestine and yes it does still have calories. While it may not be the full 4 kcals/gram it still holds merit. If you want to go the whole net carb whatever I don't trust these protein bars and labels to be 100% honest with you. I have a diabetic client who monitors his blood glucose levels. Quest bars are supposed to be mostly fiber and minimal carbs (net carbs). yet this protein bar spikes his blood glucose levels higher then other bars on the market that have more carbs and less fiber. Again.. just from my standpoint, calories are calories. if your going to count them, you may as well count all of them and be on the side of error. My 2 cents.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

15. Hands down...Best Bar Ever has the best profile... Period... Its actual FOOD... I buy the Meadows Edition......
  16. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

�� Oh Yeah One Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Bar (New)
    �� The flavoring of the bar is a combination of a smooth and rich peanut butter. This bar also packs a similar base from the chocolate birthday cake bar without the sprinkles. The chocolate could of been denser (think chocolate brownie) to give this a better peanut butter to chocolate ratio. Since the rebranding of the bars they have also lowered their sugar alcohol count which left a lot of people bloated. Most are now in the 4-6g Range instead of 10g+. This easily cracks my top 5 One Bars. If you are basic and love peanut butter and chocolate you will enjoy this bar.
    �� Top 5 One Bars -- 1. Birthday Cake, 2. Maple Glazed Donut, 3. Cinnamon Roll, 4. Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake, 5. Almond Bliss
    ��Grade: 8.5/10

Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  17. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quest Birthday Cake Bar

Flavor

"Birthday Cake Flavored Coated Protein Bar". Quest has been one of the most known companies on the protein bar market, but are late to the game on a Birthday Cake flavored bar. Quest has only coated their pumpkin bar in the past which was easily their worst flavor ever created, but this one was much better. The coating is basically a vanilla glaze similar to what you would find in the vanilla caramel hero bar. The coating congeals together with the birthday cake flavored bar. The bar itself tastes very artificial, and has no resemblance of a vanilla cake flavor (like all birthday cake flavored products). Quest bars are on the harder side out of the wrapper compared to a one bar, fit elite, or fitjoy bar. Overall the One bar is still king, but then again most of them taste identical with such a small variance.

Grade: 5/10

Macros
    5g Fat
    25g Carbs
    21g Protein
    14g Fiber

Ranking of Birthday Cake Bars
    1.Oh Yeah One Bar
    2.NitroTech Crunch
    3. Fitjoy
    4. Combat Crunch
    5. FitCrunch
    6. Quest
    7. FitElite

Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

18. Is there anywhere you can purchase online and get single serves of protein bars? I don't want to buy 12 bars but one of various flavors/companies.
  19. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Olympus Labs Peanut Butter Protein Bar Review

Taste

Peanut Butter - Upon opening the wrapper it looks like a chocolate-coated protein bar with a peanut butter drizzle, crushed up nuts, a layer of filling and the peanut butter base. The outer shell has mild and dull chocolate flavoring. The chocolate is actually the least dominant flavor in the protein bar. The peanut butter drizzle is hardly noticed because the nuts provide so much saltiness and crunch to the top layer. The peanut butter base is dry and does not provide a strong creamy peanut butter flavor. I was hoping for a stronger and creamier peanut butter flavor, but it never came through the more I ate the bar. The protein bar is surmounted by the nutty flavoring with the crushed up nuts on top, and the chocolate and peanut butter and lost in the mix. Olympus Labs did a great job with the top coating of the bar (Crushed nuts), but I never found a good peanut butter or chocolate flavor .The peanut butter seemed chalky and the chocolate was hard to pick up.

Texture
    The protein bars from Olympus labs are large (almost 90g) in weight, and they have a similar texture to a FitCrunch. You are presented with a rich outer coating and a very soft center on the inside. The crushed up nuts on the outside help enhance the crunch in the bar. Even right out of the wrapper the inside resembles a brownie like consistency. For those who like Fit Crunch, Nitro-Tech Crunch, Combat Crunch, or MyBar’s this is very similar to all of those bars in Texture. I personally like these the best because they give you the best of both worlds chewy & crunchy.

Formula
    Since this is a beta test the only thing I can comment on is the macros on the wrapper
    Calories - 350
    Protein – 30g
    Carbs –33g
    Fat – 16g
    Fiber – 2g
    Sugar – 4g

What you are presented with is a MRP type protein bar. Again these resemble FtiCrunch in macros with the higher fat and carbohydrate intake. What is nice is a whopping 30g of protein where most bars are falling in the 20g range.

Knowing Olympus labs the formula will be top notch as they are a company who thinks outside the box.

Cost

I do not have any information on pricing for these bars, but if you know OL they have a lot of 50% off sales and great intro sales. I would keep my eye out when these launch to get them at a very affordable price.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  20. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

VPX Zero Impact Legendary Pumpkin Supreme Bar

Taste

Legendary Pumpkin Supreme - Being I am a huge basic B, I had some high hopes regarding this bar since I love everything pumpkin. Sad to say this is just as bad as Quest Pumpkin which is one of the most bland and disgusting tasting things I have had. This protein bar had no flavor to it at all that resembles pumpkin. Overall the bar is chalky, bland, and provides no flavor. There are small little pieces scattered throughout the bar that provide no flavor just a crunch to the soft texture. I can't say enough bad things about this bar but to avoid at all costs. Invest in Fitjoy Pumpkin or Oh Yeah One Pumpkin bars above this one.

Texture

These bars are extremely soft. You can puncture them with your fingers just touching them. They are easy to break and very convenient for those who like to eat them right out of the wrapper. You won't need to microwave these to get them to taste better (like some bars on the market). If these were around in hot or humid climates I am curious to see if they would melt a bit due to how fragile and soft the bar is. Overall if you like a very soft protein bar this fits the bill.

Formula

200 Calories
    9g Fat
    18g Carbs
    20g Protein

Protein Blend is : WPI, MPI, Calcium Casein, and Hydro WPI
    Fat Matrix : Sunflower butter, almond butter, and almond oil
    Iso-Malto oligosaccharide (100% natural pre-biotic fiber), ground cinnamon, pumpkin powder, sea salt, stevia

Its a great profile to a protein bar, but given how this tastes it is hard to justify trying to scarf these down.

Cost

Around $27 for a box of 12. Given the formula of the product it is much better then a majority on the market that have a lot of artificial sugars and flavors. Seeing these are a touch higher then quest bars, oh yeah one bars, my bars, nitrotech crunch, and other top selling brands I would have to shy away from these after my experience with this flavor. These are a touch higher per bar then most bars on the market.

Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  21. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Sinister Labs SinFit Protein Bar Reviews

Taste

Chocolate Crunch - Rich chocolate flavor that tastes like a milk chocolate bar (Hershey). The middle has a soft texture and resembles a brownie. Think about a chocolate-coated brownie with a hint of dark chocolate in the aftertaste. This one packs a punch!

Cinnamon Crunch - This bar reminds me of a cinnamon twist From FitCrunch/MusclePharm. The biggest difference in this one is how smooth the cinnamon flavor is. The icing glaze on top is the best aspect to this bar to replicate icing on a cinnamon roll. There is a slight buttery undertone like a fresh baked good to make this a well rounded bar.

Peanut Butter Crunch - This is right there with a Peanut Butter Fit crunch as the densest peanut butter bar I ever had. The peanut butter is rich, creamy, and packs a salty aftertaste. What is unique in this bar is small crunchy peanut butter pieces that are underneath the glaze. A small chocolate glaze is layered on top but is faint due to how bold the peanut butter taste is.

Texture

The texture on these is very close to a FitCrunch, MyBar, and NitroTech Crunch Bar. The outside glaze provides a delicious flavor and a crunch. The middle is a very soft brownie like texture. These bars are becoming very popular because they give you the best of both worlds. Another nice thing about these is they do need to be microwaved,(quest) and they are not so soft you can piece them with your fingers (Fitjoy, Mission 1).

Formula

Per Bar:
    Calories ~ 350
    16g Fat
    28g Carbs
    30g Protein

The macro profile is very similar to FitCrunch in calories. This was also very similar to the Olympus Labs bar in which I got to beta-test. The protein is made up of WPC and WPI. What some consumers may not like is the added vegetable oils to the bar but that does help with the fat content. Corn syrup may raise an eye, but what I like is these are not very heavy fiber bars, which can settle very heavy and give me digestion problems. These are flavored with sucralose and have added maltodextrin to enhance the sweetness of the flavor.

Cost

This is what may scare some people away. In grocery stores you can find them for around $2.50-3, and if you order them direct on their webpage its $35 for 12 bars. For an average protein bar consumer $3 may be pushing the budget for an on the go meal replacement bar. Remember if you want one of the best tasting protein bars you will get what you pay for. The calories are higher, so it is not a small snack like a quest bar, or a Snap Nutrition Bar that is less than 200 calories. These are filling and will hold you over for another meal. For how good these tastes I would highly suggest picking them up.

Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

22. ^^^ have heard great things about those SinFit bars so your review falls right in line with that
    OLYMPUS LABS REP - DemiGod

USE CODE OLYMPUS30 TO SAVE 30% ON ALL OL SUPPLEMENTS

23. Quote Originally Posted by TrainerTone View Post
    ^^^ have heard great things about those SinFit bars so your review falls right in line with that
    Those are even better than Fit Crunch bars. Pretty sure these are made in the same exact factory by way of being literally a relabeled & reflavored Fit Crunch bar. Very similar texture, almost exact actually, just different flavoring ingredients.

I believe these are something Flex Lewis has invested into so I’m positively biased towards them because he is one of the good men in this industry.

Although I feel the name and logo is tacky. But then again, I think marketing “sinful” products in general is tacky, if not downright strange. Halloween reminds me how deep into strangeness the human psyche can go.

If I recall, the flavors I enjoyed from greatest to least was:

-Caramel Crunch
    -Cinnamon Crunch
    -Peanut Butter
    -Chocolate Crunch

But I should say, I’ve rarely ever placed a chocolate-flavored anything at the top in preference. I never reach for it first but usually tolerate it long enough to give it a chance. Just a boring flavor by itself, to me anyways.

Sinfit bars are arguably the best meal replacement protein bars in the main stream. I’m sure there are some fringe boutique-type bars that are $4-8 a pop that can rival it but for all practical applications this is the best 350+ calorie bar you can shove in your mouth.

Now, they still don’t hold a candle to Oh YEAH! One bars for overall texture & flavor and nothing much compares to those ON Cake Bites microwaved for about 10 seconds as the texture of those is so on point that the thing could be unflavored with only sugar added and it’s still be great. But the consumer group between those products and Sinfit only partially overlap.

24. Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    Those are even better than Fit Crunch bars. Pretty sure these are made in the same exact factory by way of being literally a relabeled & reflavored Fit Crunch bar. Very similar texture, almost exact actually, just different flavoring ingredients.

I believe these are something Flex Lewis has invested into so Iím positively biased towards them because he is one of the good men in this industry.

Although I feel the name and logo is tacky. But then again, I think marketing ďsinfulĒ products in general is tacky, if not downright strange. Halloween reminds me how deep into strangeness the human psyche can go.

If I recall, the flavors I enjoyed from greatest to least was:

-Caramel Crunch
    -Cinnamon Crunch
    -Peanut Butter
    -Chocolate Crunch

But I should say, Iíve rarely ever placed a chocolate-flavored anything at the top in preference. I never reach for it first but usually tolerate it long enough to give it a chance. Just a boring flavor by itself, to me anyways.

Sinfit bars are arguably the best meal replacement protein bars in the main stream. Iím sure there are some fringe boutique-type bars that are $4-8 a pop that can rival it but for all practical applications this is the best 350+ calorie bar you can shove in your mouth.

Now, they still donít hold a candle to Oh YEAH! One bars for overall texture & flavor and nothing much compares to those ON Cake Bites microwaved for about 10 seconds as the texture of those is so on point that the thing could be unflavored with only sugar added and itís still be great. But the consumer group between those products and Sinfit only partially overlap.
    What's your favorite cake bite flavor?
    "If we use our emotions as a means of forming conclusions and making decisions, then it is our emotions that businesses will appeal to, and in such a world, dishonesty reigns." - Par Deus
  25. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by unitas27 View Post
    What's your favorite cake bite flavor?
    Birthday Cake >> Blueberry >> Mint >> Donut >> Red Velvet >> Cherry

Thats my preference. But you shouldnt need to microwave a protein bar or a cake bite to have a good tasting product.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  •