New Topic of the Week: Best Tasting Yet Healthy Protein Bars

Page 9 of 9 First ... 789

1. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Cinnamon Roll by Oh yeah
    Iced Cinnamon Crunch by My Bar

Both >>>> MusclePharm

The real GOAT of Cinnamon is Cinnamon Twist Fit Crunch, and NOTHING comes close.
    That seals it, then. Roll the credits. I'm going to eat the **** out of those. Thanks for the info, by the way.
    "In this world, empires rise and fall. Ages come and go. The only thing that's certain: Everything will someday die."

2. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

ProSupps MyCookie White Chocolate Chip

Taste

White Chocolate Chip – The cookie provides an underwhelming dark chocolate flavor. This icing reminded me of a sweet cream icing, but the chocolate flavor had a touch of bitterness to it that lasted into the aftertaste. The chocolate flavoring does need improved on this one, and there is barley any white chocolate chips. The soft texture helps in the flavoring to give it a brownie like resemblance, but the chocolate is too faint to really stick out to other chocolate-based protein snacks on the market.

Texture

Take a protein bar and cram it into the shape of a cookie. These are very soft but dense. Very similar to the MyBar and how the inside has a brownie like texture, the same aspect carried to the cookies. The outside has a small hint of the glaze that covers the MyBar’s to correlate to the flavor of the cookie. Yes they are soft and have a good consistency to them, but don’t be fooled it's a protein bar in the form of a circle and labeled a cookie.

Macros

For all the ProSupps MyCookie’s they are the same macros:

8g Fat
    36g Carbs
    18g Protein

Each cookie uses Brown Rice Flour to give this a very soft brownie like texture.
    White Chocolate Wafers are included to give the white chocolate flavoring.
    WPI / WPC protein blend makes up the 18g of protein in the cookie.
    Soy protein isolate may turn some fans away who absolutely despise soy.
    Fat content is high from vegetables oil’s, margarine, and palm oil. These also help with the texture of the product.
    All MyCookie’s are Gluten Free

Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
    •   

3. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

ProSupps MyCookie Chocolate Chip

Taste

Chocolate Chip – I enjoyed this one over the White chocolate chip for a few reasons. Both cookies are very soft in texture that gives you a fresh baked cookie vibe. The regular chocolate chip has the chocolate chip flavor and a small hint of cookie dough aftertaste. There are present chocolate chips in this one compared to the white chocolate which barley had any. The chocolate glaze is great and gives you a milk chocolate tone that meshes with the cookie to form a great complimentary taste.

Texture

Take a protein bar and cram it into the shape of a cookie. These are very soft but dense. Very similar to the MyBar and how the inside has a brownie like texture, the same aspect carried to the cookies. The outside has a small hint of the glaze that covers the MyBar’s to correlate to the flavor of the cookie. Yes they are soft and have a good consistency to them, but don’t be fooled it's a protein bar in the form of a circle and labeled a cookie.

Macros

8g Fat
    36g Carbs
    18g Protein

Each cookie uses Brown Rice Flour to give this a very soft brownie like texture.
    Fat content is high from vegetables oil’s, margarine, and palm oil. These also help with the texture of the product.

Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

4. Quote Originally Posted by Wimsicle View Post
    I saw on Instagram that these are '4g net carbs'... How with 12g of sugar lmfao
    They do not count allulose in the net carbs, i think.
    ARA/ Evomuse Log.... Follow and laugh at my mediocre results http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/282586-evomuse-ara-log.html#post5403818

5. I like the ones they try to turn into brownies. They always seem to taste the best to me.
    •   

6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

ProSupps MyCookie Red Velvet

Taste

Red Velvet – Red Velvet is one of my flavors I enjoy from time to time, but for some reason many companies have a hard time nailing the flavor. Upon first bite of the Red Velvet MyCookie the base resembled almost an identical taste of the chocolate chip base with white chocolate chip cookies meshed together. There is a small white glaze on the top of the cookie that gives a cream cheese vibe, but the flavor is very subtle. Overall I expected to get a dense cocoa flavor with a cream cheese balance, but that is a far cry. Overall if you are looking for a strong red velvet flavor the Red Velvet MyCookie is far from that. If you took a bite with your eyes closed you would think it is one of the original flavors off the line.

Texture

Macros

8g Fat
    36g Carbs
    18g Protein

Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  7. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Snap Nutrition Caramel Pretzel Protein Bar

Taste

Caramel Pretzel - The caramel provides the right amount of flavor, and the aftertaste of the pretzel saltiness is a nice touch. Both flavors compliment each other well, but are not going to blow you away as a low calorie snack. The incredibly soft rice krispy treat center provides a nice touch that enhances the overall experience. A good flavor, I still rank Chocolate Peanut Butter the best off the line.

Formula

Calories - 160, 6g Fat, 18g Carbs, 15g Protein. For a low calorie snack this fits the bill, and it also has 8g of fiber to help with curbing appetite and hunger. This packs a bit more calories then a quest cereal bar, but worth it for the flavor and texture.

Texture

The bar is very soft and the inside has a Rice Krispy treat makeup. Just touching it with my finger the bar started to break.

Cost

You can grab a box for around $14 for 7 bars. While $2 a bar is pretty common on the protein market this is very convenient and competitive to other major brands. For the texture and taste these are worth it. Not to mention they pack more flavor then a quest cereal bar at the expense of some more calories.

Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

8. Quest blueberry.

9. I usually take Cliff Protein bars with me when I go to the field for the army. They're pretty damn good and like 20-something protein and low fat.
  10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Fitjoy Grandma Lemon Square

Taste

Grandma Lemon Square – First off I am not a huge lemon fan, but if I can tolerate something lemon that speaks volume. These Fitjoy bars are a perfect replica of a lemon square dessert. Upon first bite you get a dense lemon flavor that has a zesty taste lingering upon your taste buds. The frosting on the bars provides a luscious aftertaste that has a sugary vibe to it. You also get a slight hint of the crust of a lemon square that rounds all aspects of the dessert. Fitjoy really did a good job here as I would rate this as one of their best flavors bars on their line. If you are a fan of lemon this will be a homerun.

Texture
    Fitjoy bars are on the soft side. If you let them sit out at room temperature you can pierce them with your fingers. They are a touch harder than the old Mission 1 bars which are like laffy taffy. If you enjoy soft bars this is right up your alley. If you let these sit out they can virtually melt in the heat or humidity. They are a touch softer than Oh Yeah One and Dymatize Bars.

Formula

7g Fat
    25g Carbs
    20g Protein
    11g Fiber

A very well balanced bar with macros and calories. One major thing I enjoy is the 4g of sugars. Some protein bars are very high in sugar alcohols which can cause excessive bloating. Fitjoy is also and is free of GMO’s, gluten, artificial flavors, colors, and sweeteners which a lot of people may enjoy, and find them easier to digest.

Cost
    A box of 12 bars you can find for around $20-25 which is very reasonable. Most places will charge around $2 a bar, and if on special it is reduced to around $1.50. Fitjoy is cost effective and are a huge seller on the market since they were introduced. These are priced very fair and competitive with the other major brand names like MuscleTech, Oh Yeah, Prosupps, and Quest.

Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

11. When you guys count carb intake do you minus out dietary fiber?
    .:Share your energy where itís appreciated:.
    Follow my journey -> IG: kelseyjfit
    RXS Supplement Athlete: Code KELSEY for 25% off at rxssupplements.com
  12. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kjkitzman View Post
    When you guys count carb intake do you minus out dietary fiber?
    Count everything. Fiber still has calories and is digested.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

13. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Count everything. Fiber still has calories and is digested.
    thanks that is what I have always done, some people don't so wanted to double check with the experts...
    .:Share your energy where itís appreciated:.
    Follow my journey -> IG: kelseyjfit
    RXS Supplement Athlete: Code KELSEY for 25% off at rxssupplements.com
  14. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kjkitzman View Post
    thanks that is what I have always done, some people don't so wanted to double check with the experts...
    Well you have to realize it is still digested in the small intestine and yes it does still have calories. While it may not be the full 4 kcals/gram it still holds merit. If you want to go the whole net carb whatever I don't trust these protein bars and labels to be 100% honest with you. I have a diabetic client who monitors his blood glucose levels. Quest bars are supposed to be mostly fiber and minimal carbs (net carbs). yet this protein bar spikes his blood glucose levels higher then other bars on the market that have more carbs and less fiber. Again.. just from my standpoint, calories are calories. if your going to count them, you may as well count all of them and be on the side of error. My 2 cents.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

15. Hands down...Best Bar Ever has the best profile... Period... Its actual FOOD... I buy the Meadows Edition......
  •