New Topic of the Week: Best Tasting Yet Healthy Protein Bars

Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last

1. Not sure if this was mentioned but being a keto guy like I am I am loving bhufitbars. Bhufoods.comThe various protein sources they use in the bars are grass fed whey, organic pea protein or egg whites...The choices of bars are either vegan, paleo, low carb/ketogenic friendly or all of the above.The net carbs in the bars are the lowest in the industry and range from ZERO to 7 net carbs per bar. There is a 20% code floating around and with free shipping I can find if anyone's interested in trying the bars.

2. Some pics
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    •   

3. @DieselNY - (20% off + Free Shipping) Send it gangsta, I wouldn't mind trying a new keto bar

Also that site takes forever to loadup, almost closed it out before it came up

4. Quote Originally Posted by DieselNY View Post
    Not sure if this was mentioned but being a keto guy like I am I am loving bhufitbars. Bhufoods.comThe various protein sources they use in the bars are grass fed whey, organic pea protein or egg whites...The choices of bars are either vegan, paleo, low carb/ketogenic friendly or all of the above.The net carbs in the bars are the lowest in the industry and range from ZERO to 7 net carbs per bar. There is a 20% code floating around and with free shipping I can find if anyone's interested in trying the bars.
    Those look pretty legit. Send me that coupon code if you find it.

5. No doubt fellas. Use code "keto_diesel" for 20% off of your entire bhufoods.com purchase as well as free shipping.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by murk01 View Post
    @DieselNY - (20% off + Free Shipping) Send it gangsta, I wouldn't mind trying a new keto bar

Also that site takes forever to loadup, almost closed it out before it came up
    Came up pretty fast for me. Being a web guy myself, I have a hunch its the Instagram integration they have in the page that slows the load.

7. word, I did a pingdom test on it

8. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Dark Choc Mint Grenade
    Someone posted these on another forum:

A cool after eight
    This chocolate mint flavour will win most people’s taste buds with its after eight creme in the centre. The creme doesn’t make the bar sticky. It’s also not overly sweet, achieving a good balance with the chocolate and the mint creme.

Crunchy and soft
    Like other carb killa bars, the chocolate mint is a crunchy bar. It’s crispies on top give good contrast from the soft creme in the centre. The bar isn’t too soft nor hard to chew. It could be crumbly like the actual after eights, but they found a good balance in the consistency of the bar.
    This flavor is unfortunately only available in the UK . I ordered the Caramel Chaos and Chocolate Creme bars to try out (only ones readily available in the US). Until now I have stuck with the Quest bars, only the "natural" ones (no sucralose).
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/281831-sparkss-journey-recovery.html

9. Mine came today will report back. Used your code. I got the Salted Caramel & Pecan and the Dark Choc Cherry/Pistachio flavors.

10. I pulled the trigger and ordered some Carb Killa bars, they should be here tomorrow. I will post my thoughts after I try them out.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/281831-sparkss-journey-recovery.html
  11. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkss View Post
    I pulled the trigger and ordered some Carb Killa bars, they should be here tomorrow. I will post my thoughts after I try them out.
    Grenade is going to be a great step up from quest.
    Wait till you hit that caramel filling on the caramel chaos and the little krunchies on top.. So so good.
    Chocolate cream is like a milky way. You should enjoy them.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

12. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Grenade is going to be a great step up from quest.
    Wait till you hit that caramel filling on the caramel chaos and the little krunchies on top.. So so good.
    Chocolate cream is like a milky way. You should enjoy them.
    Thanks I appreciate turning me on to those. To be honest I had not heard of them before this thread. Those chocolate mint sound great too *sigh*. Hope them come to the US soon

13. got my Killa Carb Grenade bars on Wednesday. Have had the chance to try both the Caramel Chaos and Chocolate Creme (two of each). The Caramel bar is a bit on the "crumbly" messy side. Need to have a plate or napkin underneath it when taking each bite. Not sure if it is supposed to be that way or if it was something with shipping. Flavor on both was good. However I did notice that both use Surcalose for a sweetener, which is something I typically avoid like the plague. I am one of those that fall squarely into that same category as the study that showed that Sucralose killed up to 50% of the beneficial intestinal bacterial. I know I used to drink Pepsi One (I think it was) that had Sucralose in it. I could drink one a day, if I drank more than that I would get the runs bad. The bars may have significantly less Sucralose than the soda, I am not sure. I do have some ON Protein that I still drink, and that particular flavor has Sucralose in it, but I don't drink it often, or much of it when I do (just use it to flavor my bulk powder whey protein drinks). And when that one is done I am going back to the ON Natural Protein line (no Sucralose).

Short version: they taste pretty good, like the nutrient profile, don't like the artificial sweeteners and the Caramel Chaos is a bit messy to eat.

I will see how badly they mess with my digestive system to decide whether I will order them again, but I do plan to finish the ones I already purchased (too cheap to let them go to waste ).

14. Quote Originally Posted by EMPIREMIND View Post
    9 times out of 10 I'm going to want a good amount of protein in my bar otherwise it's basically fitting into my diet as a cheat. If it's a cheat then I'm grabbing a real cookie lol.
    Yeah I'm with you on that. I'd just rather dunk my Fruity Crisp Oreo into some Carbmaster Vanilla milk and call it a day, lol.

15. I love having these handy.

Name:  koogz.png
Views: 555
Size:  846.8 KB

16. Name:  ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1471469037.338337.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  338.4 KB if you like the texture of vegan protein, you'll love these

17. Quote Originally Posted by GYMRVT2 View Post
    Lenny and Larry cookies will always have room in my heart....just not my macros. On those days I love a chocolate chip cookie dough B-Up barAttachment 139265
    What brand/bar is that from?

EDIT: LOL, B-Up is the brand. found em, thanks!

18. I like met-rx cookies n cream

19. Quote Originally Posted by DieselNY View Post
    No doubt fellas. Use code "keto_diesel" for 20% off of your entire bhufoods.com purchase as well as free shipping.
    Any of you guys get a chance to try the bars? Curios about feedback.
  20. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Grenade White Chocolate Cookie Review

Taste

Being a big fan of white chocolate this was a hit. Grenade has a way to make the white chocolate melt in your mouth. The milkiness of the white chocolate resembles melted white chocolate with crunchy chocolate cookies crisps on the top of the bar. Grenade does not shy its customers when it comes to the crispy pieces. If you ever had Grenade's Caramel Chaos you know exactly what I am talking about with the crispy pieces on top.

The layer of Sweet vanilla (the base of the bar) is a very pure and luscious flavored vanilla. The bar itself is soft (a bit harder then mission 1, but softer then quest). I got a small caramel aftertaste to make it like a white chocolate caramel cookie bar in essence. This bar was fantastic. I highly suggest this bar if you can get your hands on it (being from the UK). Now my #1 favorite off the grenade line. Caramel Chaos and Chocolate Cream are both great, but the white chocolate (again I am a big fan of) was done very well.

My Rankings:
    1) White Chocolate Cookie
    2) Caramel Chaos
    3) Chocolate Cream

Macros

8g Fat
    15g Carbs
    8g Fiber
    22g Protein

Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

21. Quote Originally Posted by DieselNY View Post
    Any of you guys get a chance to try the bars? Curios about feedback.
    Waiting to finish off some of the bars I already have before I buy any new ones. But they are on my list to try. I admit to being lazy and trying the ones easiest to get my hands on first, versus maybe the ones I wanted to try first.

22. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

Grenade White Chocolate Cookie Review

Taste

Being a big fan of white chocolate this was a hit. Grenade has a way to make the white chocolate melt in your mouth. The milkiness of the white chocolate resembles melted white chocolate with crunchy chocolate cookies crisps on the top of the bar. Grenade does not shy its customers when it comes to the crispy pieces. If you ever had Grenade's Caramel Chaos you know exactly what I am talking about with the crispy pieces on top.

The layer of Sweet vanilla (the base of the bar) is a very pure and luscious flavored vanilla. The bar itself is soft (a bit harder then mission 1, but softer then quest). I got a small caramel aftertaste to make it like a white chocolate caramel cookie bar in essence. This bar was fantastic. I highly suggest this bar if you can get your hands on it (being from the UK). Now my #1 favorite off the grenade line. Caramel Chaos and Chocolate Cream are both great, but the white chocolate (again I am a big fan of) was done very well.

My Rankings:
    1) White Chocolate Cookie
    2) Caramel Chaos
    3) Chocolate Cream

Macros

8g Fat
    15g Carbs
    8g Fiber
    22g Protein

Is this another flavor that is only available in the UK?
  23. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkss View Post
    Is this another flavor that is only available in the UK?
    Yes same with mint, and the new white chocolate mocha
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

24. I did..got the Salted Caramel & Pecan and the Dark Choc/Cherry/Pistachio. Now me personally...I like them alot, very natural tasting, no greasy coating on the outside, nice natural taste of all the flavors, one flavor doesn't dominate the bar, its well rounded.
    If your looking for a Combat Crunch candy bar texture/taste...these are not for you. O was looking for a more all natural/earthy type bar and these are them.

25. Got a killer price on the "Oh Yeah" Chocolate Chip bars. They're ok....good macros.
  •