New Topic of the Week: Best Tasting Yet Healthy Protein Bars

Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by USPlabsRep View Post
    what makes it special....high fat, high sugar,...I'll pass..
    Yea not sure. I haven't had any yet. Also they don't really fit my diet right now.

2. Quote Originally Posted by USPlabsRep View Post
    both are soy protein heavy....
    That's what turned me off to them also. Didn't make any sense to me...
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by GNO View Post
    I make my own bars often to keep my macros in check and $$ in my wallet
    Best way to go about all things food...prep your own that was QA/QC is never in question.

4. I wonder what the best answer to this question really is.... healthiest probably rules out almost all of the bars. IMO sweetners and flavorings are not healthy at all. For all that sugar may be the healthiest, if it's from natural sources. Most optimal for bodybuilding and healthiest seem to contrast one another.
  5. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by EMPIREMIND View Post
    I wonder what the best answer to this question really is.... healthiest probably rules out almost all of the bars. IMO sweetners and flavorings are not healthy at all. For all that sugar may be the healthiest, if it's from natural sources. Most optimal for bodybuilding and healthiest seem to contrast one another.
    Look at the ingredient profile for the RISE Bars i posted above.
    5 natural ingredients basically.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    If you want a very healthy bar with minimal ingredients RISE bars. They have 5-6 total ingredients.

The term "healthy" is very subjective just how people characterize foods as "Clean" . You are buying a protein bar for convenience, most chances are their will be preservatives and sugar alcohols to help flavor and hold the bar together. Just like how people claim whey is clean and healthy, but is processed to a large extreme.

My suggestions for bars based off my taste buds:

Oh yeah One Bars and Grenade bars. Texture and taste are both fantastic.
    Quest bars are good, but settle very heavy for me and leave me bloated sometimes.
    Mission 1 Bars are too soft like Fit Elite. Basically like laffy taffy. Taste is ok, but there are better ones out there
    Venture bars have a oily consistency to them, and the taste is decent at best.
    Fit Crunch PB and Cookies and Cream are my favorite, but very heavy in calories but also not the healthiest per say looking at ingredient profile.
    Guess I found my next bars to try

7. Quote Originally Posted by USPlabsRep View Post
    both are soy protein heavy....
    even though the cookie says "no soy" right on the package?

8. Quote Originally Posted by classyplastic View Post
    even though the cookie says "no soy" right on the package?
    The new ones do not have soy protein

I've never eaten one though... I can think of about 100 different things I'd rather eat than a 400 kcal cookie

9. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Look at the ingredient profile for the RISE Bars i posted above.
    5 natural ingredients basically.
    Yea I wanna try those. That's the healthiest I've seen for sure.

10. Quote Originally Posted by ma70 View Post
    Guess I found my next bars to try
    Same. These look good
    Gaspari Nutrition Board Representative
    www.gasparinutrition.com
    Use code DANIEL30 for 30% off entire order

11. Detour Simple Bars!

12. Quote Originally Posted by danielmoo View Post
    Same. These look good
    Amazon reviews are not looking too good though. Apparently they don't "ship" well...
  13. Administrator

Tried the fit crunch bars. Not bad, more cookie like center but higher calorie and a bit of a sweetener aftertaste.

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

14. Quote Originally Posted by ma70 View Post
    Amazon reviews are not looking too good though. Apparently they don't "ship" well...
    Ahhhh of course..

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Tried the fit crunch bars. Not bad, more cookie like center but higher calorie and a bit of a sweetener aftertaste.
    Pretty much agree with that assessment. Some of the flavors are much better than others.
    Gaspari Nutrition Board Representative
    www.gasparinutrition.com
    Use code DANIEL30 for 30% off entire order

15. I have had boxes of the Rise bars. Cacao banana is new and a bit lighter on protein at 16g but the original Almond honey is good too. They are a bit hard and crumbly but I can't get enough of their natural taste. If I didn't have restrictions on fat intake, I would not be buying any other bars.
  16. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Dark Choc Mint Grenade
    Someone posted these on another forum:

A cool after eight
    This chocolate mint flavour will win most people’s taste buds with its after eight creme in the centre. The creme doesn’t make the bar sticky. It’s also not overly sweet, achieving a good balance with the chocolate and the mint creme.

Crunchy and soft
    Like other carb killa bars, the chocolate mint is a crunchy bar. It’s crispies on top give good contrast from the soft creme in the centre. The bar isn’t too soft nor hard to chew. It could be crumbly like the actual after eights, but they found a good balance in the consistency of the bar.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

17. Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Which one is it in your opinion. I love the Oh Yeah One Bars but they do contain the normal suspects that I don't like to consume a lot of. Sugar alcohols, sweeteners, etc..
    whats wrong,with suger alchols? also does aweeteners and suger alcohols have a bad impact on insuling levels?
  18. Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Zariph View Post
    whats wrong,with suger alchols? also does aweeteners and suger alcohols have a bad impact on insuling levels?
    They have an impact on insulin level and tend to give me GI issues.

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

19. Can you guys please share your thoughts on OhYeah One vs OhYeah Victory taste / texture / etc?

Thanks in advance

20. Quote Originally Posted by kdubson14 View Post
    Can you guys please share your thoughts on OhYeah One vs OhYeah Victory taste / texture / etc?

Thanks in advance
    As far as texture, the Victory bars are more taffy like. I liked the oatmeal raisin flavor the best but since the ONE bars hit the market I haven't even thought about buying the Victory bars again. The almond bliss, cinnamon roll, and chocolate mint One bars are very good.

21. Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    They have an impact on insulin level and tend to give me GI issues.
    ah okay

22. the controlled labs bars are really good
    AM10 for 10% off at Mindandmuscle.com
    AM10 for 10% off at Mrsupps.com

23. I've had a few of these... RX Bars " rxbar.com " (can't post links b/c of my post count)
    Taste is great. Ingredients are basic and minimal. I'm still slightly skeptical because there are all these different flavors, but I'm not quite sure how they are getting to these flavors using the same 4 or 5 ingredients listed on their packages.

24. Quest... Low sugar, decent protein, good fiber and tastes good.

25. Horrendous. Like a slab of taffy in a package. Very disappointed in them.

Sick and f'in tired of these "high fiber" bars, they sck. I hate saying it because the company is rancid but right now Combat Crunch taste the best.

Need to try Carb Killa or the new Fit Joy....it's my last hope.
  •