Heartburn

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
What's up all.? Not sure if this is not under the right forum but here goes.
The last few years I've been getting horrible heartburn. I'm pretty sure these preworkout supps are contributing to it. I'm kinda dependent on them tho. Does anyone know if there's something I can do to remedy this problem without having to kick the pre workout habit?

Thanks in advance

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Bump. Anyone?
Not too sure but maybe it'll get someone to help, have you been on the same pwo the entire time? Are you able to try to separate the ingredients and see if it's a specific one ? Something most have in common maybe? smith_69 lifted67 FireTitan hairygrandpa Sparks Hastur any suggestions fellas?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Buy:

-Betaine-HCL - 1 capsule with each meal = no heartburn
-Mastic Gum - rebuilding stomach walls
-Zinc Carnosine -antiseptic action on H.pylori (ulcer causing bacteria)

Before taking the above: Stop taking acid reducers (Tums,Omeprazole or others)

100% cure for heartburn AND possible ulcers. HG guarantee!

And stop drinking battery acid to get high

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
Not too sure but maybe it'll get someone to help, have you been on the same pwo the entire time? Are you able to try to separate the ingredients and see if it's a specific one ? Something most have in common maybe? smith_69 lifted67 FireTitan hairygrandpa Sparks Hastur any suggestions fellas?
I've must've tried 100's of different ones over the years, so I'm not exactly sure what's causing it. Thanks for help, man

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
Buy:

-Betaine-HCL - 1 capsule with each meal = no heartburn
-Mastic Gum - rebuilding stomach walls
-Zinc Carnosine -antiseptic action on H.pylori (ulcer causing bacteria)

Before taking the above: Stop taking acid reducers (Tums,Omeprazole or others)

100% cure for heartburn AND possible ulcers. HG guarantee!

And stop drinking battery acid to get high
Big thanks! I will give this^^ a shot. It would be awesome to get rid of it once and for all

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
What's up all.? Not sure if this is not under the right forum but here goes.
The last few years I've been getting horrible heartburn. I'm pretty sure these preworkout supps are contributing to it. I'm kinda dependent on them tho. Does anyone know if there's something I can do to remedy this problem without having to kick the pre workout habit?

Thanks in advance
Coca tea would be the best choice, but I assume you live in the United States so that's out..

DGL (licorice) works extremely well. I've had extremely bad heartburn on various substances, and licorice has never failed to sooth my stomach.

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
I've must've tried 100's of different ones over the years, so I'm not exactly sure what's causing it. Thanks for help, man
Big thanks! I will give this^^ a shot. It would be awesome to get rid of it once and for all
Yeah man it's tough I got it bad my entire childhood , if I even looked at something fried I'd puke for hours too it went away on its own before lifting and luckily I only get it rarely (usually after an extremely bad cheat meal so it's considered punishment lol) and I take pwo heavy, like you said I'm very dependent myself , so I was thinking maybe it's something specific but if you've gone through different ones maybe try to think of which ones made it worse and see if they have a common ingredient at least that way you could try seeing what triggers it and if it's even pwo related.
And definitely try HGs suggestion as well, I know I'll be taking a screenshot for future reference!
Good luck bro make sure to let us know how that works if you go with it !

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
Yeah man it's tough I got it bad my entire childhood , if I even looked at something fried I'd puke for hours too it went away on its own before lifting and luckily I only get it rarely (usually after an extremely bad cheat meal so it's considered punishment lol) and I take pwo heavy, like you said I'm very dependent myself , so I was thinking maybe it's something specific but if you've gone through different ones maybe try to think of which ones made it worse and see if they have a common ingredient at least that way you could try seeing what triggers it and if it's even pwo related.
And definitely try HGs suggestion as well, I know I'll be taking a screenshot for future reference!
Good luck bro make sure to let us know how that works if you go with it !
Good to hear I'm not alone. Lol. It sucks! I will definitely keep you posted. Thanks again for the help. I can always count on you guys.

Hastur

Awards
Are you on methyl PHs? Those are notorious for causing heart burn for certain people. Otherwise, perhaps you are sensitive to something in a preworkout. At which point, I'd discontinue you it to see for certain. Personally I sip on baking soda water for heart burn, it gets the job done.

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
Are you on methyl PHs? Those are notorious for causing heart burn for certain people. Otherwise, perhaps you are sensitive to something in a preworkout. At which point, I'd discontinue you it to see for certain. Personally I sip on baking soda water for heart burn, it gets the job done.
Nope no PH's. Hmm I'm going to have to try the baking soda thing. How would I go about mixing it?

Hastur

Awards
Nope no PH's. Hmm I'm going to have to try the baking soda thing. How would I go about mixing it?
Put a teaspoon or so in a large glass of cold water, mix it. It makes it very alkaline, and when you drink it, reduces acid. One of the oldest tricks for stopping heartburn, actually. And 5g per day is more ergogenic and fat loss enabling according to studies. I have 5g in my morning 32oz of water while doing cardio.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reducing acid by any means is only a temporary fix. It hinders digestion.
I firmly believe that acid reflux is caused by low acid concentration but too much stomach "juice", called: hypochlorhydria.
The fix is to up the acid, -not to lower it. If the acidic concentration is high enough, all food is digested more quickly and production of stomach-acidic-solution recesses = no reflux.
Sorry for my wording, lol, no English native here.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Take a shot of apple cider viniger every day. After about a week heartburn is no longer a problem. You need real apple cider with the mother. Its the the thick cloudy stuff that settles at the bottem. Shake first. Not sure how it works but works for me n I got acid reflux and get horrible heartburn

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
Reducing acid by any means is only a temporary fix. It hinders digestion.
I firmly believe that acid reflux is caused by low acid concentration but to much stomach "juice", called: hypochlorhydria.
The fix is to up the acid, -not to lower it. If the acidic concentration is high enough, all food is digested more quickly and production of stomach-acidic-solution recesses = no reflux.
Sorry for my wording, lol, no English native here.
I went to pick up the supplies you suggested and according to the pharmacist, we don't carry them in the U.S. Lol

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
Take a shot of apple cider viniger every day. After about a week heartburn is no longer a problem. You need real apple cider with the mother. Its the the thick cloudy stuff that settles at the bottem. Shake first. Not sure how it works but works for me n I got acid reflux and get horrible heartburn
I've heard this before. I don't know why I haven't tried it yet. Should I dilute the vinegar at all?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I went to pick up the supplies you suggested and according to the pharmacist, we don't carry them in the U.S. Lol
WTH ? LOL

https://www.amazon.com/Now-Foods-Betaine-HCl-Capsules/dp/B000M4CD2C/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1466829187&sr=8-3&keywords=betaine+hcl

https://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Supports-Stomach-Duodenal/dp/B0013OVVAK/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1466829228&sr=8-2&keywords=mastic+gum

https://www.amazon.com/Swanson-Zinc-Carnosine-Pepzin-Caps/dp/B0017OCDJO/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1466829300&sr=8-4&keywords=zinc+carnosine

This combination healed me after 2 years of heartburn, had to sleep sitting upright. Just use every supp according to description on package.
To relieve heartburn momentarily, use "Tums" , or a teaspoon of baking soda in water, as suggested by hastur.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Luckily I don't get heartburn my dad though, holy ****, man will wake up from a dead sleep gagging on it. Poor dude.

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
Luckily I don't get heartburn my dad though, holy ****, man will wake up from a dead sleep gagging on it. Poor dude.
I woke up gagging once too. I thought I was going to die! ??

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
we were staying at a hotel over father's day weekend last year on a fishing trip and he went flying into the breakfast table trying to make it to the bathroom at like 3 in the morning, scared the piss out of me. I thought he was having a heart attack.

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
Holy ****! For me it felt like loads of acid kept coming up my throat making it impossible to breathe. It woke me out of my sleep too. Scary asf!

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
That sucks dude! I hope one of these guys can get you fixed up with their suggestions.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That sucks dude! I hope one of these guys can get you fixed up with their suggestions.
It will fix it, no doubt!
Problem with heartburn is, after years of heartburn, it destroys the walls of the esophagus. The healing process replaces normal wall-cells for kind of faulty ones leading to cancer. You can look it up. The common medical approach in US, suppressing acid with blockers like omeprazole is wrong. In other country's they use the reverse treatment (upping acid + zink-carnosine) with great success.