Amoxicilin and gaining muscle/digestion

gynopuff

Awards
Hey guys, I cycled over a year ago properly and have no lost my acne since, is getting worse so I went to a derm and they perscribed me amoxicilin to combat the acne for the next two months.

My question is: Can I gain muscle while on this? It kills the good bacteria in my stomach which is what I need to break the food down.
Second question: Probiotics: Can I take these at the same time as my antibiotic? Or will the antibiotic kill the probiotic?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes, you can gain muscle. The food is still going to get broken down. You won't have whole food just passing through :)

If you're going to take a probiotic, I would start it while you are taking the amoxicillin.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Amoxicillin for acne is a terrible plan, especially a two month cycle. I'm not going to get into the finer details of the importance of the gut microbiome, but needless to say antibiotics should generally be reserved only for life and death situations. At this point, the overuse of antibiotics has or probably eventually will ultimately result in more deaths than lives saved. And forget probiotics -- it's a myth that taking these while on a course of antibiotics does anything at all. It takes only a few doses of an antibiotic to kill more than 95% of your gut bacteria. Taking probiotics for this is like trying to fill an empty bucket with a giant leak, one drop at a time. Completely useless.

With that in mind, a daily dose of 3000 mg of vitamin B5 (1500 x 2), 300 mg of vitamin B6, 1000 iu of natural vitamin E, 30,000 iu of vitamin A, and using only hot water to wash your face, should have you cleared up within 7-10 days, and won't destroy what is literally the most important body system with regard to digestion, immune function, and long-term health.

But hey, what do I know? I'm just a newbie with one post...

gynopuff

Awards
Amoxicillin for acne is a terrible plan, especially a two month cycle. I'm not going to get into the finer details of the importance of the gut microbiome, but needless to say antibiotics should generally be reserved only for life and death situations. At this point, the overuse of antibiotics has or probably eventually will ultimately result in more deaths than lives saved. And forget probiotics -- it's a myth that taking these while on a course of antibiotics does anything at all. It takes only a few doses of an antibiotic to kill more than 95% of your gut bacteria. Taking probiotics for this is like trying to fill an empty bucket with a giant leak, one drop at a time. Completely useless.

With that in mind, a daily dose of 3000 mg of vitamin B5 (1500 x 2), 300 mg of vitamin B6, 1000 iu of natural vitamin E, 30,000 iu of vitamin A, and using only hot water to wash your face, should have you cleared up within 7-10 days, and won't destroy what is literally the most important body system with regard to digestion, immune function, and long-term health.

Ill tell you man im down 9lbs even on probiotics I look sick man

Devonkev

Awards

What Spurfy said. 9 months after a two week course of amoxicilin I am only just in a good place again. My microbiome was destroyed. If I ate anything but bland food I would get instant pain, bloat and would **** through the eye of a needle! It's been hard work getting myself sorted and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.