Too many calories

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
I keep seeing things on how overeating 500 or so calories every once in a while like twice a week isnt that big of a deal or wont make that big of a difference in the long wrong but how true can that be? Your body can only use so much calories to build muscle and require an amount below maintencance to burn fat. How come people can make the excuse that the body is just like "we'll let this slide"?

JG93

JG93

Awards
It's the mind.
Yes your body burns so many calories etc..
But one day a week at 500 over, won't cause a huge body change. But mentally it will prepare your 6 other strict diet days.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I keep seeing things on how overeating 500 or so calories every once in a while like twice a week isnt that big of a deal or wont make that big of a difference in the long wrong but how true can that be? Your body can only use so much calories to build muscle and require an amount below maintencance to burn fat. How come people can make the excuse that the body is just like "we'll let this slide"?
Truthfully it will make a difference. If its once in a while it may actually be of benefit. However if it becomes a habit it will have bad effects. People are often very forgiving with diet. The only way ive ever been able to obtain results has been with strict diet. That goes for cutting and bulking. I have had set calorie numbers and have had to force feed myself to meet them, but that was the only way to get where i needed to. Diet is most of this game. Keep it strict and reap the benefits!

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Truthfully it will make a difference. If its once in a while it may actually be of benefit. However if it becomes a habit it will have bad effects. People are often very forgiving with diet. The only way ive ever been able to obtain results has been with strict diet. That goes for cutting and bulking. I have had set calorie numbers and have had to force feed myself to meet them, but that was the only way to get where i needed to. Diet is most of this game. Keep it strict and reap the benefits!
Definitely agree