Protein Ice Cream

Dmcooper

Awards
Is it possible to make a good tasting protein ice cream?
Recipes?

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
These two guys can hook you up with more tasty protein recipes than you'll know what to do with.
TheSolution Driven2lift

There's a thread on here too that is all about cooking/baking with protein. Might take some searching, but there's bound to be some ice cream recipes in there.

SuppGuy

SuppGuy

Awards
I thought you could just throw the powder on top and mix it in...no?

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you have an ice cream maker I believe you can. I do not, so I have to work for it.
Greek yogurt and protein. Stir it up, freezer for 20-25 minutes, stir it up, and so on for a couple hours.

Totally worth it though

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I tried a recipe I found online and it didn't work at all, haha. In for advice cause I love me some ice cream

Dmcooper

Awards
If you have an ice cream maker I believe you can. I do not, so I have to work for it.
Greek yogurt and protein. Stir it up, freezer for 20-25 minutes, stir it up, and so on for a couple hours.

Totally worth it though
Nice! Sounds good and I like the simplicity. What flavors have you tried?

Dmcooper

Awards
I tried a recipe I found online and it didn't work at all, haha. In for advice cause I love me some ice cream
Same! Every time I'm eating ice cream I think I wish there was some protein in this.
do you care to share the failed recipe? Haha so we know what not to do.

Mikeopsycho

Mikeopsycho

Awards
Halotop has 24g protein to the pint , low sugar and low fat . I think
It's 230 calories per pint and if I'm not mistaken it's GMO free as well. Other then that you can take any ice cream pint or tub melt it in the micro for a minute so it's liquidy and put a scoop or
Two of protein in and mix it then refreeZe .

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice! Sounds good and I like the simplicity. What flavors have you tried?
6 Star Salted Caramel, HIT Pound Cake, Modern Chocolate and Vanilla. I've also tried Cor-Whey Whipped Vanilla but as it's largely an isolate it was a bit thin. I recommend using blends for my method.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Halotop has 24g protein to the pint , low sugar and low fat . I think
It's 230 calories per pint and if I'm not mistaken it's GMO free as well. Other then that you can take any ice cream pint or tub melt it in the micro for a minute so it's liquidy and put a scoop or
Two of protein in and mix it then refreeZe .
Halotop is soooooooooo hard to find though. The only place that has it near me is at Whole Foods

Mikeopsycho

Mikeopsycho

Awards
Halotop is soooooooooo hard to find though. The only place that has it near me is at Whole Foods
Same here whole foods and fairway market

Sent from my iPhone using AnabolicMinds mobile app

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whole Foods here too. Nearest one is only 1/2 hour away. I think it's going to be worth it. Thanks for introducing me to Halo Top. Never heard of it before!

Mikeopsycho

Mikeopsycho

Awards
Whole Foods here too. Nearest one is only 1/2 hour away. I think it's going to be worth it. Thanks for introducing me to Halo Top. Never heard of it before!
Yeah bro definitely grab a few a try them
Out

Dmcooper

Awards
Same here whole foods and fairway market

Looks like they have it at Kroger. I don't know how far Kroger is from you guys but there's a Kroger everywhere around here haha.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Looks like they have it at Kroger. I don't know how far Kroger is from you guys but there's a Kroger everywhere around here haha.

We don't have Kroger's in Florida

:(:(:(:(:(

Mikeopsycho

Mikeopsycho

Awards
If you want to , on halo tops website they have a retail locator of the local stores in your area that stock it , just head to there website and put your zip code in . May help you out on finding it .

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
I've had the best luck using Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide 2.0, most likely because it's a bit higher in fat than other powders. I mix 1.5 scoops with 1.5c milk of choice and throw it in the ice cream maker. My favorite combos are:

Lemon cream pie + honey + blackberries

Butterscotch + caramel + Heath bar crumbles or chopped up peanuts or pretzels.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I don't play basketball tonight (just depends on if we have enough guys available or not), I'm going to make my first attempt.

Have CarbMaster (Kroger) vanilla milk on hand and planning on using Select Snickerdoodle or Blondie for my first attempt, I think.

Also have a Yo Whey Pumpkin Spice and Chocolate Thin Mint I'll be testing out at some point (the latter once I grab another thing of chocolate CarbMaster milk). And some WF goodies I can add to these, as well.

If I don't totally botch it, I'll snap a photo. lol