Why clean eating is bull****.

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
I agree. Just eat/drink what you want in moderation and lift. Unless you are getting ready for a contest and are 4 weeks out or less. Its a ****ing disorder that is unhealthy!!! Be a ****ing freak if you do this for fun. Bitch!

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Clean eating... lulz

I'm on that Lee Priest diet breh IIFYM ( If it fits your mouth )

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
mod edit: either make your point like an adult, or you will be removed.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I'm so sick of seeing these supplement companies post these ***** bitch 100 pound cocksuckers with their 4 oz serving of chicken and brown rice! And then say take that with a good scoop of protein powder for gainz. Get the **** out of here with that ****!!!!! Give yourself a nice big porterhouse and some sweet potatoes instead if you want to grow.
That's clean eating, dawg. Steak and sweet potato? Yeah.
Clean eating doesn't mean boring eating.
I eat a **** load of tuna but I mix it with Sriracha and an avocado. Tuna doesn't suck anymore. I figured out how to cook my chicken the way i like it. Chicken isn't bland and boring anymore.
Guess what? I'm still eating clean.
Brb time for my ice cream

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Clean eating is too subjective. To me clean eating just means not eating things that are loaded with calories. Thinking of things like pizza, excessive oil usage (when cooking), high amounts of sugar, etc.

I still believe in IIFYM and work in pizza into my diet regularly lol

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree. Just eat/drink what you want in moderation and lift. Unless you are getting ready for a contest and are 4 weeks out or less. Its a ****ing disorder that is unhealthy!!! Be a ****ing freak if you do this for fun. Bitch!
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1457827749.328371.jpg

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You were the guy who said this the other day...

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/bulking/278915-if-gaining-mass.html

I eat clean almost every single day, where I don't eat any fast foods or anything. . The rest of the time its Chicken and broccoli and brown rice.

Today I was driving around for lunch and pulled into a parking lot of a pizza place. I sat there with the car ignition off for a couple minutes and pondered if I should walk in and eat the pizza or not. Like I was some junkie sitting in front of a bar and making the decision of falling off the wagon again. I mean wtf is wrong with me that I don't even think I can eat pizza anymore because I want to have an 8 pack and perfectly rounded pecs?

I really think this is becoming unhealthy for me. I am about to say **** this sport and just go to the gym and lift and say **** it. Its a love hate relationship. I love how lifting makes me feel, I love eating healthy foods, But at the same time actually feeling like I can't go to a pizza buffet once in a while without ruining my gains? Even if I did have a cheeseburger on Saturday night with fries? WTF is that? Maybe I will take up powerlifting instead cause having to do what I did today where I almost drove myself crazy is not healthy mentally.Powerlifters don't worry about anything but getting stronger! My main focus right now is to gain strength and mass so what the **** am I worrying about going to a pizza buffet for once in a while? Beating myself up over a sport that I don't even make a living at ,
Great Article for you OP:

The Dirt on Clean Eating | Wannabebig

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'd be curious to hear OP's definition of "clean eating." There's a wide variety of foods that fall under "clean."

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Also, it's easy to say eat what you want when you're younger. Metabolism doesn't typically get better with age and that **** gets more difficult. I ate horribly and never had to worry about excessive weight gain until around 30.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
p.s there are still weight classes in powerlifting...

jerm129

Awards
I do clean eating. I spray my food down with lysol so in essence I am clean.

But the clean eating stuff is so 1990's. I am not giving up my PB pop tarts.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I do clean eating. I spray my food down with lysol so in essence I am clean.

But the clean eating stuff is so 1990's. I am not giving up my PB pop tarts.
My two favorites are Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, and Hot Fudge Sundae. Greatest post-workout snack ever.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You have to take into account that OP is a bit manic and depending on the day, his view will contradict the previous day's. He is here for entertainment purposes only.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You have to take into account that OP is a bit manic and depending on the day, his view will contradict the previous day's. He is here for entertainment purposes only.
And now he's gone sadly.

Who will be the next? Hope we don't have to wait long.

NotDatGuy9000

Awards
I clean eat to a certain degree. I eat as wholesome as you can nowadays. I do eat a junk food now and then just to keep my carb intake up. The rest pretty much takes care of itself.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I clean eat to a certain degree. I eat as wholesome as you can nowadays. I do eat a junk food now and then just to keep my carb intake up. The rest pretty much takes care of itself.
I've found myself eating junk food almost every day just to get enough carbs in... Still getting leaner and barely maintaining weight so I guess I'm not too upset?

HardB0iled

HardB0iled

Awards
  • Established
I've found myself eating junk food almost every day just to get enough carbs in... Still getting leaner and barely maintaining weight so I guess I'm not too upset?
Talk to me in 20 years m*********er! Lol. If I look at a pop tart I have to pull out my "fat jeans".

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Talk to me in 20 years m*********er! Lol. If I look at a pop tart I have to pull out my "fat jeans".
Hahaha I'll worry about that in 20 years. I'm just pissed I can't gain weight NOW.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
41 here and can eat literally eat anything I want and not gain any fat. However, if I drink a few beers I bloat up real nice.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
clean eating to me is nothign to do with calories but to do with qualtiy of food. most fast food and sugar loaded things are dirty eating to me. heating a stacked home made pizza with lots of veggies and drentched in fresh olive oil is still clean eating to me, its high calorie yes, so you eat to your goals, but its still healthy. even if cutting eating for eg that pizza 1x a week will help the fat loss if anything. staying low cal or "clean eating" every day will stall fatloss.

eating mc donals is not clean eating. eating a packed falaffal or burrito is still clean. quality (worthless cals or worth while cals) is what makes diet clean or not IMO

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
Clean eating is too subjective. To me clean eating just means not eating things that are loaded with calories. Thinking of things like pizza, excessive oil usage (when cooking), high amounts of sugar, etc.

I still believe in IIFYM and work in pizza into my diet regularly lol
This is view as well.

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think the term "clean eating" is used too loosely. It should mean micros 1st macros 2nd, but it typically means that someone has demonized a specific food.....

NotDatGuy9000

Awards
Remember when people said to stay away from potatoes...then Martian came out. Now everyone is saying it is the next super food. My Irish ancestors already knew this.

Shaner091

Shaner091

Awards
Remember when people said to stay away from potatoes...then Martian came out. Now everyone is saying it is the next super food. My Irish ancestors already knew this.
Props for irish ancestors ???

mdabbott2009

Awards
I'm 25 now and up to last year I could eat everything I mean everything gain a pound here or there burn it off in a day. Then last year came along in 1 year I put on almost 30 pounds still have some abs tho. I've tired everything to slow the weight down but every mother another couple pounds lifted harder te less carbs ate more carbs nothing stopped it.
I remember everyone telling me just wait till you turn 40 hell I'm scared to turn 26.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
what is

Clean eating

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
what is

Clean eating
Clean eating-
the practice of using specialized eating utensils such as a fork, spoon or knife to consume food. thus leaving minimal mess and clean up. hens the term "clean eating" .
example; Billy used a spoon and fork to eat his pasta and ate it all without a trace left in his bowl or surroundings.

Dirty eating-
the practice of using natural methods to consume food, such as hands and feet. This results in mess and extra clean up needed and is given the term "dirty eating"
example; johnny ate his mashed potatoes with his feet and left potato footprints all over the house.