Overall Health Supplements that can be taken Year Round

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What are the best supplements/vitamins for overall health that can be taken year round with no breaks? I know of fish oil, whey protein, multivitamin, and curcumin. Any others that I have missed?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I force finish line, I'm sipping on watermelon right now! Leucine, valine, isoleucine, beta alanine, betaine, lclt, creatine, etc

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I force finish line, I'm sipping on watermelon right now! Leucine, valine, isoleucine, beta alanine, betaine, lclt, creatine, etc
Lucky me! I'm waiting on the shipment because I will be logging it!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Be ready for the ba tingles! As I sit on the couch I can poke my face and feel it spread :p

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
(-)epi from whatever source you want, including cocoa. I use EPIC TD, but that shouldn't come as a surprise : )

Too many health benefits to count.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
(-)epi from whatever source you want, including cocoa.

Too many health benefits to count.
I used FOLLIDRONE, ep1c unleashed , and epi-plex. I am curious about the transdermal epi. Is it that much better than taking it in oral form?

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used FOLLIDRONE, ep1c unleashed , and epi-plex. I am curious about the transdermal epi. Is it that much better than taking it in oral form?
Not necessarily that much better IMO. It leads to more stable levels of whatever you're taking via the slower release, but sometime TD's get to be tedious and can stain clothing. I think the difference between something like Epic Unleashed vs the EU TD is only marginal. More of a preference really on whether you'd rather rub yourself or swallow...;)

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh, and my newest fave staple is Triumph. On my second tub and it's amazing. Great ergogenic and is providing great pumps. This is my first time with a PA supp and I was pleasantly surprised. I don't mind drinking it every single day. That's rare for me.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh, and my newest fave staple is Triumph. On my second tub and it's amazing. Great ergogenic and is providing great pumps. This is my first time with a PA supp and I was pleasantly surprised. I don't mind drinking it every single day. That's rare for me.
I used to take phosphamuscle as my PA source. I've been on Tr1umph ever since it came out and I am very very satisfied with the taste and the results!

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I don't even like TDs but after trying EP1C TD its all I'll use now.

I can't say it's better for a pump cause it's not imo, but for body recomp it's golden for me.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't even like TDs but after trying EP1C TD its all I'll use now.

I can't say it's better for a pump cause it's not imo, but for body recomp it's golden for me.
I might have to hop on that TD pretty soon!

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Should Caffeine be taken all year though? Isn't it bad for your heart/BP?
Absolutely can and no it isn't unless you of course have some kind of medical condition.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely can and no it isn't unless you of course have some kind of medical condition.
Damn I forgot to ask lol, but what about high doses daily like 200-400mg+. Still ok for your heart etc.?

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn I forgot to ask lol, but what about high doses daily like 200-400mg+. Still ok for your heart etc.?
Caffeine is not bad for your heart dude. As I mentioned previously, if you have some kind of medical condition which caffeine use will exacerbate then you obviously should not consume it. 200-400mg is in my mind quite a low daily dose. After a few weeks you adapt to caffeine and it will not have a significant impact on blood pressure or heart rate.

This is one of those things that each persons tolerance is different and it takes some trial and error on your part to work out your optimised dosage.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bump for more answers

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Some that I didn't see mentioned-

Fish oil
KSM-66
Magnesium
Betaine
ZMA
HMB (been receiving a lot of great feedback on AM lately)

Obviously creatine and D3 are great. I prefer to use CreMax XT to get my creatine, betaine, and magnesium all in one. It's a convenient product that also contains taurine and glycerol for muscle fullness and pumps. Great overall health supp to use year round.