Coconut meat healthy? You know that monster sized bag of dried coconut at Costco.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do it or avoid it?

Read the benefits of the oil. Presume the dried meat has the oil rendered out or mostly.

Dried coconut meat a positive for health?

Thanks in advance as always.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Dried coconut is still super high in fat (and thus cals)... The oil is not "rendered out", the coconut meat is simply dried (aka water removed). however, its a great fat. theres nothing positive or negative really about it though as the actual nutritional value is just average outside of the fat content.

Eat it if you like it. Or dont. Makes no difference. Its not special.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I love making coconut chicken breasts in the toaster oven with coconut flakes, chicken breasts and olive oil (and maybe some almond flour). Good stuff

Coconut shrimp is f^(n amazing too

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah. That is why GF bought them for coconut shrimp and chicken and lattes

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's paleo bro, all good in the hood lol (semi sarcasm). I'm hooked on anything and everything coconut.

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
Ever tried coconut butter? I'm pretty sure it's basically just coconut flesh put into a food processor until it gets a creamy consistency. It's been a while since I've had it, but that's stuffs delish

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Love, love dried coconut! What brand does your Costco sell? Mine used to sell Philippine Young Coconut.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 3
Supplements 9
Company Promotions 0
Supplements 31
Supplements 55