Why do bikini competitors eat so little?

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
So I see guys like Juan Morel and Lee Priest eating Kentucky Fried Chicken a couple days a week during the offseason. Then I see Bikini competitors living off of Kale Salads and 4 oz of Chicken breast all year long.

Explain this to me please.

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
Morel is a freak of nature, Priest got really fat in the off season, don't try to emulate them

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
Morel is a freak of nature, Priest got really fat in the off season, don't try to emulate them
I understand but still it seems like the women eat far less than the guys. Its just odd to me really.

muddertougher

muddertougher

Awards
  • First Up Vote
There's no need for a bikini competitor to bulk lol

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
The difference in muscle mass between Lee Priest and bikini competitors is your answer.

+ women generally consume less for a multitude of reasons, many hormonal, than the male counterparts.

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
There's no need for a bikini competitor to bulk lol
Yes so does that prove that Bikini Competitors really are not about building muscles? They are just in it to look as sexy as possible in a bikini?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Yes so does that prove that Bikini Competitors really are not about building muscles? They are just in it to look as sexy as possible in a bikini?
Pretty much.
But they do want defined muscle visible (as it should be at low BF% )

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not sure if this is serious or trolling

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
Oh I'm serious. Wondering why the **** they put bikini division in bodybuilding competition when the girls who are in that division don't make building muscle their number one priority. They just want to put on a bikini and model it. Lets be real here, these girls do not give a **** about anything but entering themselves into a beauty pageant. The only difference now is that they are adults and not 3 or 4 years old with their mommies signing them up for shows.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
They actually do put a lot of work into their bodies. At least many of them do! Don't sell their hard work short just because it's different than your goals. Most of those girls are very tiny to begin with and have a hard time putting on any muscle at all. No, they may not eat much compared to others but they still train hard and prep just as hard as most others. They like a softer feminine look than the other female categories. To each their own! There's no wrong and long as you're trying to take care of your body, working towards goals, and doing things you enjoy.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Is it our place to critique these women's goals in life though? This is their passion.

I see no issue with this assuming they are also not putting their body through too much, or use unhealthy/unsafe dieting methods

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definetely a troll IMO

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
lol not a troll just don't really know why this division is associated with the sport of bodybuilding. It should just be categorized as an adult female beauty pageant. Its the same thing as when they used to have the Hawaiian tropic bikini contests.

I do understand these women eat right and take care of their bodies. Lots of cardio for example and light resitance weight training. I get it, I really do.

But its not even close to what the guys are doing or even the women in the womens physique division. These women are not bodybuilders. They are simply women who watch their figure, exercise everyday, and then slip on a bikini to win a contest where they hopefully can get modeling contracts. Because that is what they are, a model.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You have NOOOOOOO clue how hard women have to work to achieve results! Really! It's much harder than many guys have to work. Not saying guys don't work hard just saying it takes more for a women.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You have NOOOOOOO clue how hard women have to work to achieve results! Really! It's much harder than many guys have to work. Not saying guys don't work hard just saying it takes more for a women.
I suspect he hasn't a clue about a lot of things

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
Kat what IM saying is that the level of training is much different according to what division you are in.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A feather weight MMA fighter and a heavy weight MMA fighter train much differently.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Kat, don't waste your time arguing!

David Dunn's daughter competes. You fcukin ask him how hard she trains. A few of the ladies on here compete. Ask them, too!
I don't see you on any effn stage. You are a disgusting human being!!!

koltink

koltink

Awards
  • Established
I have never seen anyone post more whiny, horrific, and overall awful threads than this guy

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would prolly be more fruitful that instead of asking us why such and do things and we could only speculate, that you go to those people you are asking about and ask them... Just a thought

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did you ever go by the username quadmonster?