Whats worse? A few drinks or a couple cupcakes?

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
Say you got the option of having two cupcakes or a few drinks. Which is the lesser of the two evils?

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
I've never gone to jail from having 10 too many cupcakes so that's my vote

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
cupcakes. Alcohol can inhibit muscle gain for a bit.
Although personally I would rather drink a beer or two with friends than eat a cupcake. Don't worry too much about it IMO

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol, I'd kill for a few cupcakes after my tequila neat right now.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I love cuppy cakes especially the cute ones hehe

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's worse is having drinks without cupcakes

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Worrying myself over either of these items so much that I created a thread to see which I could justify eating,

Is worse than either option.

;)

Eat/drink if you want to man. If its outside your macros either walk away or enjoy yoirself

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
TIL that these types of questions are not unique to teenage-young adult girls

rreal_natty

rreal_natty

Awards
Only reason i say drinking is worse is only because it slows your metabolism down for a few hours afterwards but otherwise im in agreement with what was already said.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I ate 10 cupcakes at work on Thursday for a special occasion (I also made it part of my 2 carb ups per week).

I then drank a bottle of Patron tequila Friday night at a big event I was hosting, and had a great time.

Guess what, I'm still a big, vascular, lean guy. I didn't lose muscle, get fat, or turn gay. Imagine that.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That's because tequila actually increases gains. That's why it's all I drink. :)
Haha YES!! Likewise (with some occasional stouts/porters). There's an article somewhere about how tequila actually burns fat too :D

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
lol..1 more reason...it's also like jet fuel. One of the only spirits that acts like an upper for me :D Thus being able to drink a whole bottle on ice.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And I bet you feel perfectly fine today too. It's hangover free.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Indeed. Tequila + (acute) tianeptine, quite the combo

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am very anti alcohol so I will say enjoy the cup cakes and hit the cardio!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Gran Dovejo Reposado and Clase Azul Reposado are both nice and in order of price. Your best bet is to find a restaurant or good tequila bar that offers flights so that you can try a few and see which ones you like, if any. It's not for everybody and my first love is bourbon, but there are some good ones out there if you can get away from the Patrons

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gran Dovejo Reposado and Clase Azul Reposado are both nice and in order of price. Your best bet is to find a restaurant or good tequila bar that offers flights so that you can try a few and see which ones you like, if any. It's not for everybody and my first love is bourbon, but there are some good ones out there if you can get away from the Patrons
I prefer Jose Cuervo to Patron... A bar at my undergrad use to have $2 Patron and Jäger shots.

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
Cuervo and Patron are the opposite of sipping tequilas

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I prefer Jose Cuervo to Patron... A bar at my undergrad use to have $2 Patron and Jäger shots.
Cuervo and Patron are the opposite of sipping tequilas
We might have figured out why you don't like tequila lol

Cuervo is for getting wasted on a budget. Patron is for when you want to pretend that you're drinking quality tequila.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey hey hey, I like Cuervo silver, granted I never drink it straight outaide of shots, but I still like it. Stop making me feel like a cheap whore Alex

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey hey hey, I like Cuervo silver, granted I never drink it straight outaide of shots, but I still like it. Stop making me feel like a cheap whore Alex
There is nothing wrong with cheap whores :) Honestly though, if that is what you like, no judgement here. Too many people pretend to prefer something simply because it costs more.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is nothing wrong with cheap whores :) Honestly though, if that is what you like, no judgement here. Too many people pretend to prefer something simply because it costs more.
I sometimes frequent the local bars on campus and OMG these kids with their IPAs. I swear the vast majority of them order their drinks based on what they think is cool vs what the actually enjoy

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We might have figured out why you don't like tequila lol

Cuervo is for getting wasted on a budget. Patron is for when you want to pretend that you're drinking quality tequila.
Patron for $2 is a quality shot!!!!! Better than McCormick or Juarez

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I sometimes frequent the local bars on campus and OMG these kids with their IPAs. I swear the vast majority of them order their drinks based on what they think is cool vs what the actually enjoy
We all did it lol. Who knows how much alcohol I bought in my 20s simply because the bottle looked cool or I saw an ad for it.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nice, a convo about tequila haha... I love patron on ice, it's pretty smooth, especially Anejo. Actually, most brand's Anejo is likely to be good. Aged is better.
Aleksandar37 - what do you consider to be 'good' tequila? Looks like we have a connoisseur here :D

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I may be older than you guys, but I have hundreds of pictures where we are camping or at a party with St Ides malt, little kings, etc.. Was it good? Hell no, but when you have $1.89 to get drunk and have a cool looking beer, that is what you do.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice, a convo about tequila haha... I love patron on ice, it's pretty smooth, especially Anejo. Actually, most brand's Anejo is likely to be good. Aged is better.
Aleksandar37 - what do you consider to be 'good' tequila? Looks like we have a connoisseur here :D
You should see my bar. I have 10-15 bottles of high end anejos and always keep a mid level stock of silvers and lower anejos for our get togethers. I personally don't like repasados, but will have a couple for those that do.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You should see my bar. I have 10-15 bottles of high end anejos and always keep a mid level stock of silvers and lower anejos for our get get togethers. I personally don't like repasados, but will have a couple for those that do.
Reposado is still aged more and smoother than silvers no? That's what I go for when I don't feel like forking over for anejo hehe..
Jealous of that bar! Sounds nicely stocked.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
"Good" is whatever one you enjoy. I only mentioned Gran Dovejo Reposado and Clase Azul Reposado since Josh asked for recommendations for a sipping tequila. But even there it depends if you prefer a reposado or want more oak with an anejo or extra anejo.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I may be older than you guys, but I have hundreds of pictures where we are camping or at a party with St Ides malt, little kings, etc.. Was it good? Hell no, but when you have $1.89 to get drunk and have a cool looking beer, that is what you do.
Oh I remember those days lol

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
"Good" is whatever one you enjoy. I only mentioned Gran Dovejo Reposado and Clase Azul Reposado since Josh asked for recommendations for a sipping tequila. But even there it depends if you prefer a reposado or want more oak with an anejo or extra anejo.
Thanks, I'll have to give these a try.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Exactly. Throughout the night I enjoy silvers at a party/dinner/gtg, but I like a nice anejo in place of a bourbon for evening sipping because the smokiness is relaxing and soothing. Reposados just don't taste finished to me and they still have the bite of a silver, yet lack the finish of an anejo.

Look beyond patron in your bar, it is kind of the generic "high end" with a price that isn't warranted. If you get a chance, check out Dulce Vida. It is a very fair priced ($30-45), excellent tequila. The entire line is good.