Subway and what you order when you go there.

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
So today on the ride home from work I knew I had a couple hours before dinner and since I had not had anything in my system in the last couple hours I decided to stop and order myself a 12 " oven roasted chicken breast. I got it on their Honey Oat bread, toasted with spinach, cucumber, banana peppers, Tomato, Lettuce, Yellow Mustard. Along with Oregano and Black Pepper. I was starving and needed the macros so I thought it was a smart decision to do this, especially since I lifted this morning.

What do you guys usually order there and are you guys a fan of the place? Do you guys ever re-fuel with Subway when you just need something to put in your system? Any difference between the Honey Oat bread and the Wheat?

jaylongjohn

Awards
I usually get the tuna, just cause I love it. You gotta be careful of the sodium count though, a lot of the sandwiches they have are super high in sodium

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
I usually get the tuna, just cause I love it. You gotta be careful of the sodium count though, a lot of the sandwiches they have are super high in sodium
So would you say its an alright place to choose in moderation?

jaylongjohn

Awards
I would say so. It's pretty filling for me. You get complex carbs with the whole wheat bread, and you get some veggies. A decent amount of protein and you don't get a crazy amount of calories

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
What you ordered is completely fine (if it fits your macros). Overall, subway is a healthy place to eat when you are on the road. It's just like making a sandwich at home except bigger haha. I usually get honey wheat/whole wheat bread and oven roasted chicken breast. I just load it with veggies and some mustard usually. I add a little bit of light mayo sometimes as well. Subway isn't the best tasting food but it's an easy way to fit your macros if you are traveling.

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
What you ordered is completely fine (if it fits your macros). Overall, subway is a healthy place to eat when you are on the road. It's just like making a sandwich at home except bigger haha. I usually get honey wheat/whole wheat bread and oven roasted chicken breast. I just load it with veggies and some mustard usually. I add a little bit of light mayo sometimes as well. Subway isn't the best tasting food but it's an easy way to fit your macros if you are traveling.
Cool and thank you for your input. Much appreciated :)

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
its not bad, just so processed- I love the fact they make the bread on site though. For me, Jersey Mike as the turkey is sliced right in front of me. in the end, anything even McDonalds is better than starving yourself. that is the worst. if your not going on stage, then get doritios too ;o)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I rarely eat there anymore, but I just go hard when I do lol.

I'd get a footlong oven roasted chicken with double meat, pepperjack cheese, lettuce, onion, and then chipotle, just a tad of ranch and sweet onion sauce.

Gotta rock the Italian herbs/cheese or Monterey cheddar bread.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I rarely eat there anymore, but I just go hard when I do lol.

I'd get a footlong oven roasted chicken with double meat, pepperjack cheese, lettuce, onion, and then chipotle, just a tad of ranch and sweet onion sauce.

Gotta rock the Italian herbs/cheese or Monterey cheddar bread.
shyt you aint playin -

BBQ chicken, with cheese- oh mama

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
Buffalo chicken with some ranch was clutch. Meatball sub is a no fail

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Buffalo chicken with some ranch was clutch. Meatball sub is a no fail
don't forget the chocolate chip cookies- soft, chewy- f this im going to subway

jake1986

Awards
I like they're bacon egg and cheese on flat bread. whites AND yellows. Add tomato and spinach

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
there is a subway at the train station in my town. it doesn't open till later so never had the chance to try it.

so I eat my gruel at my desk

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
Mix the sweet onion sauce and light mayo, it's delish. And double meat of course

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The Jared Special with a side of 15 years in prison for 1.4$ million

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
The Jared Special with a side of 15 years in prison for 1.4$ million
That is actually what I order every day! Keeps me nice and lean so that the kids can have a good role model to look up to....

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
lol

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
don't forget the chocolate chip cookies- soft, chewy- f this im going to subway
Double choc chip, PB, and white macadamia >

chick fil a has the best chocolate chip cookie I've ever had

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
never had it-

oh, Boston Market has the big cookie and its gooooood

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Double choc chip, PB, and white macadamia >

chick fil a has the best chocolate chip cookie I've ever had
you must of never been to a legit mom and pop bakery before.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Or maybe his taste buds are his own.
If a fast food company produces the best chocolate chip cookie one has had in his life there may be more to the story.

I would be willing to wager some good money most individuals would visit some legit bakeries or mom and pop bakeries to buy a cookie that would 90%+ of the time produce superior quality and taste.

Most fast food places get their desserts frozen and imported . Compare the quality of a cookie freshly baked or one that is frozen and then re-heated

Personally. if i wanted a fast food chicken sandwich Chick-Fil-A may be a great option. If i wanted a good cookie I would probably head to a bakery. That is my personal preference. Others may differ.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The mom and pop argument can be used for anything tbh.

It was also a hyperbole. I use them from time to time.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The mom and pop argument can be used for anything tbh.

It was also a hyperbole. I use them from time to time.
Look at the bright side, as least you wont get molested by jared going to Chick-Fil-A.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Look at the bright side, as least you wont get molested by jared going to Chick-Fil-A.
I think I'm a wee bit old for Jared. I've also watched UFC fights so I'm basically a fighting machine.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I think I'm a wee bit old for Jared. I've also watched UFC fights so I'm basically a fighting machine.
Good fight last weekend. actually last few UFC fights have been pretty damn good. Going down to the wire.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good fight last weekend. actually last few UFC fights have been pretty damn good. Going down to the wire.
I missed em :/. Didn't even watch any of the playoff games. Found out my article is getting published so I've been working on that and prepping for school

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I missed em :/. Didn't even watch any of the playoff games. Found out my article is getting published so I've been working on that and prepping for school
i don't watch the UFC. one of my co-workers is a diehard, he always fills me in and should me youtube highlights.

Xtremestrngth

Awards
Steak and egg sandwich on the break fast menu, I usually go to subways that serve it all day. Can never go wrong with steak and eggs! No condiments, just oil and vinegar along with all your greens.