Need help understanding my cholesterol!

Kool4445

Kool4445

Awards
Got my cholesterol checked today at work and was a little confused. My HDL was 42 but my total cholesterol was 128 with a ratio TC/HD of 3:1. LDL was not checked. So should I be concerned about my cholesterol or am I just over thinking it and should start throwing more healthy fats in and dropping a few pounds.(winter I always put weight and diet down in the spring/summer). I recently got a decade dexa scan done and my body fat percentage was at 18%. Is this good? Bad? What changes should I make?

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Got my cholesterol checked today at work and was a little confused. My HDL was 42 but my total cholesterol was 128 with a ratio TC/HD of 3:1. LDL was not checked. So should I be concerned about my cholesterol or am I just over thinking it and should start throwing more healthy fats in and dropping a few pounds.(winter I always put weight and diet down in the spring/summer). I recently got a decade dexa scan done and my body fat percentage was at 18%. Is this good? Bad? What changes should I make?
If your running any cycles it could impact these numbers . Hows your diet and training look ?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cycles will definitely effect your cholesterol ratio (HDL:LDL), but your total cholesterol is low, which can be a problem on it's own. What is your diet like?

Kool4445

Kool4445

Awards
No cycles. Unless epic unleashed or laxogenin would effect it in a negative way. I did gain about 10 -15 lbs since September. I dieting down now at 70F 220C 220P.
A lot of my fats come from avocados and peanut butter or nuts.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Do you have Chrones, celiacs or IBS? Anything like this? I'm really wondering why your total CHOL is so low. Could be from dieting, or from malabsorption. Maybe try throwing in a shot of olive oil in the AM & PM.

Kool4445

Kool4445

Awards
Used to have some ibs but over the years it seems like it got better. I know June of 2015 I cut down to 165 I'm now 194. I would imagine this would have a negative impact. Maybe drop a few lbs?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Used to have some ibs but over the years it seems like it got better. I know June of 2015 I cut down to 165 I'm now 194. I would imagine this would have a negative impact. Maybe drop a few lbs?
Hrm well if anything, being in a calorie surplus would've had your cholesterol much higher.

Do you have any previous labs where your total cholesterol has been over 130?

Kool4445

Kool4445

Awards
Nope first time checked. Just had some nurses check it at work. Along with my glucose and BP. Glucose was 99 fasted. BP was good as well. Think I might drop a few lbs and go back. Really changed more how I'm getting a lot of my fats..... A lot of avocados

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Avocados and EVOO are great maybe try enzymes with your food too