How do I cut when I'm recovering from surgery?

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am about 20% bodyfat. I want to get down to at least 15% before I start to bulk again. My body seems to want to stay at 20% no matter what I do. I eat around 2,400 and even when I tried lowering calories as low as 2,200 I didn't see a change in terms of weight, or waist measurement. In two months I will be getting flat foot surgery. I will have to walk with crutches for about 8-12 weeks. I am worried that'll gain weight during the recovery. What would be the best thing for me to do diet wise to loose weight while I'm recovering? Also, I know I'll loose strength, but I want to maintain as much muscular size as I can while recovering. How much protein would I need just to maintain muscle mass? I weigh 208 pounds and I'm just under 6'.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Anti-catabolics for sure. Need to retain as much muscle as possible while dropping weight since you'll be out of the gym.

EAA/BCAA, HMB, HICA, high dose 1g+ Schizandra, PA, are all options.

A second approach would be to force the body to burn fats can carbs + protein.

PPAR modulators like TTA, BAIBA, GW, would all be options.

It's late, but off the top of my head on my mobile that should be a start for your research.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Anti-catabolics for sure. Need to retain as much muscle as possible while dropping weight since you'll be out of the gym.

EAA/BCAA, HMB, HICA, high dose 1g+ Schizandra, PA, are all options.

A second approach would be to force the body to burn fats can carbs + protein.

PPAR modulators like TTA, BAIBA, GW, would all be options.

It's late, but off the top of my head on my mobile that should be a start for your research.
Totally spaced on this: Osta

It was specifically designed to fight muscle waste

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Totally spaced on this: Osta

It was specifically designed to fight muscle waste
If I continue to take it after I recover, will I have to keep taking it to maintain my gains? Keep in mind I already take a lot of supplements. I don't have issues taking more, I just can't afford to take more than one more supplement per month. I'm a college student with very limited income. By the way, I'm 27. I'm not sure how much that matters when taking stuff like Osta in terms of dosage. Osta might actually be too expensive for me though after looking at the prices. Also a thing to keep in mind, I have severe acid reflux(I take Protonix), so I can't take any pills that would cause me stomach upset.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Found an EAA product, are these numbers good?
L-Histidine 75 Mg
L-Isoleucine 75 Mg
L-Leucine 75 Mg
L-Lysine(As L-Lysine Hcl) 75 Mg
L-Methionine 75 Mg
L-Phenylalanine 75 Mg
L-Threonine 75 Mg
L-Valine 75 Mg
It's probably the most affordable at $24