Foods to help me gain pure mass

zillmo

Awards
Hey guys im 5ft11 and 196lbs iv been at the gym for around 3 Years im an ok save but now want to balloon up i have never had a good diet always eaten what i wanted when i wanted but now i want to give the clean eating ago what are the best foods for pure muscle mass thankyou in advance

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
An overall caloric surplus is all that is needed to gain mass. How fast you will put weight on will be highly dependent on how mich of a surplus you're in.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
You just have to EAT, and don't start by eating McDonalds all the time because that will make you balloon up alright, but the wrong way.

Slowly increase you calories, more protein, more carbs, play around with fats. If you can put 500 calories extra a week you should be good to go!

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Skinless chicken breast
93% lean ground beef
Lean cuts of steak
Turkey breast or ground turkey
Fatty fish
Sweet and regular potatoes
White and brown rices
Broccoli, spinach-any green leafy vegetable
Fruits high in anti-oxidants

No single type of food is perfect for building mass. Rather it takes a well rounded diet in both micronutrients and the appropriate macronutrients.
All of these are bodybuilding staples and very healthy. Cook only using healthy oils. Drain excess fats off after cooking. Don't add calories through unhealthy toppings. Learn about macronutrients and then use these foods to hit your macro goals each day.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
The answer here is anything with caloric value.

Just eat enough of it.
;)

Hit Protein minimum, hit fat minimum, add in carbs/fats to your liking to reach a caloric value that exceeds your TDEE.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
As the others have said, it is total calories that is going to affect how much mass you gain. I would break down your diet into how much protein, carbs, and fat you are taking in daily though so you can at least have a rough idea of how "clean" you are eating.