Why am gaining muscle n losing fat?

glosss

glosss

Awards
So ive been lean bulking fast few months, i used to be quite fat but ive really slimmed down about 6 months ago. Im now on 200-250 protein a day, 150-400 carbs and 50~ fat a day. Im puttinf on size and im slowly starting to see my abs, i thought this wasnt possible?

not like im complaining but should i carry on doing what i am, or more carbs and push into a surplus for more gains?

Parad0x

Parad0x

Awards
  • Established
What you're talking about is recomping and you're not gonna put on more size by adding more carbs, you'll put on excess fat. Be grateful for your gains and carry on wayward son

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
Its because the more muscle you build the more fat your burn.

glosss

glosss

Awards
Thanks for your input guys, if i can have a 4/6 pack by february before i start my cut ill be shredded af by time summer comes round haha

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
Thanks for your input guys, if i can have a 4/6 pack by february before i start my cut ill be shredded af by time summer comes round haha
Keep building muscle and you will continue to burn more fat. You will be shredded by summer.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Congrats on this progress man. Keep it up, whatever you are doing, milk every pound of muscle you can add out of this and keep on pushing.

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Recomp is the way to go!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If it's working for you, then keep with it :) If you hit a plateau, then it is time to switch things up, but enjoy the progress!

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^Agreed with everyone. If you're gaining muscle and losing fat simultaneously then you've stumbled upon the elusive recipe for recomping. It's different for every body type, so take note of what it is you're doing exactly. For me specifically it involves very low carb, and high protein and fat ratio coupled with mid-volume training just a little cardio each week. For some this would lead to fat gain and feeling like crap. For me, high carb diets don't help my energy levels a lot but bloat me very fast. When you find the optimal formula for your body type things progress easier.

glosss

glosss

Awards
^^^Agreed with everyone. If you're gaining muscle and losing fat simultaneously then you've stumbled upon the elusive recipe for recomping. It's different for every body type, so take note of what it is you're doing exactly. For me specifically it involves very low carb, and high protein and fat ratio coupled with mid-volume training just a little cardio each week. For some this would lead to fat gain and feeling like crap. For me, high carb diets don't help my energy levels a lot but bloat me very fast. When you find the optimal formula for your body type things progress easier.
For me high protein 200/250g a day, carbs 100-150 a day, mainly rice and potato's. Only sugars from carbs is mainly from milk, and just the fat from chicken, pasta, mince etc etc. Ive been trying carb loading but i dont think it makes a difference.

Just going to stick with this and start doing a little cardio :)

Cheers for your opinions.