AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll answer my own question, no I don't. However, I want to get some more expert opinions.

I have been in the hospital for the past 11 days. I should be getting out tomorrow. Calories have been lowered during this time. Is there any need to work my way back up or is 11 days not a long enough time period to have a negative effect on metabolism.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hope you're doing ok. Get better soon! :)

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
I would go right back into normal calories…you'll most likely recomp slightly and need a bump in cals

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll answer my own question, no I don't. However, I want to get some more expert opinions.

I have been in the hospital for the past 11 days. I should be getting out tomorrow. Calories have been lowered during this time. Is there any need to work my way back up or is 11 days not a long enough time period to have a negative effect on metabolism.
I would ease back up. The body adapts to being untrained rather fast. Taking a week off can change the preference of where nutrients are put. But...like...in one week you'll be back to normal. Do what ever feels good. Just ease back into the routine too. ATP production and response to training will be very altered for an extremely short time.