Clean bulk with coconut oil?

HenriqueMeneg

HenriqueMeneg

Awards
Hello,

Has anyone tried a clean bulk with mostly coconut oil?

A diet for a 160lb man would be:

P: 160g
C: 20g
Fat: 60g
Fat from Coconut Oil: 200g
Cals: 3060 for a 2400 maintenance level.

Since MCT is not converted into stored fat (from what I been reading), it will be mostly used for energy and help you boost your keto levels. Being high keto adapted if you cycle 2 days of the week with low fat, energy source gonna be coming from your fat tissues, helping you being in a calorie surplus for the weeks you are high in coconut oil and still cut fat on the days you are low.

What you guys think?

Thanks,

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How man grams of coconut oil is that daily? Some people get the runs from too much. I would try to vary fat sources for that reason and also to get different nutrients.

HenriqueMeneg

HenriqueMeneg

Awards
200g as I mentioned. I also advocate for different sources of foods but been thinking on this particular case due all the good things people say about this oil and mostly of it being MCT, which from what I understand from my readings is not converted into fat storage.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
200g as I mentioned. I also advocate for different sources of foods but been thinking on this particular case due all the good things people say about this oil and mostly of it being MCT, which from what I understand from my readings is not converted into fat storage.
Got it now. You're getting 60 grams of fat from other sources and 200g from coconut oil.

Anyways, in the long run, looking at the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter if you're consuming 200g of coconut oil, olive oil, or any other fat source. Your source won't dictate if you gain fat, it will come down to how much of a surplus you're in. If one is in any type of surplus, they will gain some fat. The bigger the surplus, quicker fat gain will occur. You can eat at a small surplus, but you will still gain fat. You would be consuming around 3/4 of your daily cals from coconut oil at that amount. I would get a variety of fat sources in your diet to try to get different vitamins and minerals since most of your cals are coming from a fat source.