Smoothies with egg whites

eddieSt.james

eddieSt.james

Awards
I usually make protein shakes with just whey. What about adding egg whites? Good idea? Or too much for the body to absorb? Any thoughts?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Are you not meeting your daily protein goal and just looking to add more?

eddieSt.james

eddieSt.james

Awards
Are you not meeting your daily protein goal and just looking to add more?
Just looking to add more. But I'm thinking it might be best to keep the whey shakes pure. And cook the whites for better digestion.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just looking to add more. But I'm thinking it might be best to keep the whey shakes pure. And cook the whites for better digestion.
I tend to be overly paranoid about raw eggs and food poisoning, so personally I wouldn't go that route. You could just cook them and either have them with your shake or work them into other meals throughout the day.

HeizzMP

HeizzMP

Awards
What are your current calories/macros like? It's definitely not too much for the body to absorb if that is your main worry... I'm just wondering what the taste would be like! ha! Let me know!

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I use raw egg whites from the carton all the time in my shakes. It's pasteurized and safe, and a good way to add longer digesting protein without having to add casein, which I am not a huge fan of.

infinitepower

infinitepower

Awards
Pasteurized eggs are safe they are cooked with low heat (pasteurized). I actually use half liquid egg whites half almond milk a banana and chocolate protein and a scoop of fearn lechitin. Powerhouse shake my man

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yup, I use almond milk or coconut milk (unsweetened) with my egg whites, protein powder and coconut oil and sometimes lecithin granules too. It's great stuff.