More calories if you train?

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
I always keep the same amount of calories during the week but I've heard of people eating more during training days and less during non training days..
Has anyone experienced any benefits?

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
I know that If I dont eat more on high calorie burn days, I burn up more muscle while cutting, I truly believe that you do need more calories on training days.

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
This is what i heard.. let's say you need 2000kcal for cutting, you should increase it by 10% when training and decrease by 30% during non training days

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is up to you on how you want to approach things. I wouldn't look at a daily total of cals, but focus on the weekly picture. If you're bulking and gaining too much weight too quickly, you can cut cals on days you do not train and keep them higher on days you do train or or can reduce calories a little on all days. Same thing for when you're cutting.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I always keep the same amount of calories during the week but I've heard of people eating more during training days and less during non training days..
Has anyone experienced any benefits?
The benefits you will see cycling calories or macros are exaggerated by PED's. To the average gym goer it honestly doesn't make even 10% of a difference.

I can however say that ...if you like it...go for it. The human body does more than calculate where things go or how they will be used in a 24 hr fashion and to manipulate this would be very complex and even then I am unsure as to how much it would actually matter.

In sports specific goals like using carbs, calories, electrolytes, water and protein to alter performance in specific areas for a short amount of time...sure, but long term...doesn't really matter.

HeizzMP

HeizzMP

Awards
I keep the same amount of calories throughout the week as well. It really comes down to what's working for you, and staying consistent with it.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Same cals always,
I may time meals different around a workout but overall intake is equal.