Diet for a 180 lb male advice?

Connordcruz

Connordcruz

Awards
Hey guys I have been dieting for the past two months very clean usually breakfast is 4 eggs two pieces of whole grain toast and coffee, next 4 meals are 6 oz chicken breast 1 cup of brown rice and 1 cup of veggies usually. Before bed I have Greek yogurt an almonds. As well with fish oils flax seed multis and etc also taking creatine after workouts with a protein shake. Protein intake is probably around 250 a day any advice on what I should change or add into my diet I'm trying to gain lean muscle and tone out my core slowly

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
Which is more important to you at this time, gaining muscle or losing fat around your stomach and getting visible abs?

You will need to pick one or the other and focus on that, realizing the other goal will have to take a backseat for now.

Connordcruz

Connordcruz

Awards
Gaining muscle but not getting fat on the stomach if possible sorda getting chubby on the stomach a bit and it feels disgusting guess that's what I get for eating dirty

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
Gaining muscle but not getting fat on the stomach if possible sorda getting chubby on the stomach a bit and it feels disgusting guess that's what I get for eating dirty
The best thing you can do would be to very slowly add muscle while minimizing any fat gain, but you will not be able to build muscle while simultaneously stripping fat off your midsection.

If you're getting chubby as you say, put muscle gain on maintenance right now and diet down to lose the fat. If you do it right, you can retain your muscle and strength, but you probably won't gain much, if any.

Then, once the fat is off, switch back to a gaining phase.

Connordcruz

Connordcruz

Awards
Alright yea I've heard that around I think I may just do cardio everyday and stick w the same see how it works

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Start here bud.
Your diet seems very voided of fats, and micronutrients eating nothing but eggs, chicken, veggies and rice for the most part
start eating beef, yogurts, potatoes (potassium), fruits, more veggies (micronutrients) and var your sources. Control your caloric surplus and gain at a slow and steady rate. Rome was not build overnight.

The whole Good and "Dirty" foods is too subjective thats how you relate them
Please read the dirt on clean eating here.

The Dirt on Clean Eating | Wannabebig

this will clear up the bro foods and dirty foods you may consider which actually probably offer a lot more micronutrients than say rice which is pretty void. things like cereals and granola bars may have more vitamins/minerals/micronutrients

Eat in a caloric surplus, meaning eating more kcals than you need to maintain in order to gain muscle, size, and strength.

General Philosophies of Muscle Mass Gain : BodyRecomposition
Macronutrient Intake for Mass Gains - Q&A : BodyRecomposition
Training Frequency for Mass Gains : BodyRecomposition
Cardio and Mass Gains : BodyRecomposition

Philosophies, Macro intake, training , and cardio articles for you to understand and help set up what you need to do before moving forward towards more supplements or advanced workout routines.

Doing cardio everyday would be counter-productive, more is not always better. less cardio would be better to aid recovery and your performance in the gym.

Here is a podcast on Cardio to help you out showing you that long bouts of LISS or doing it everyday could slow metabolism and impair recovery:

Muscle College with Dr. Layne Norton & Dr. Jake Wilson! The Doctors talks CARDIO!!!

Tricepticon

Tricepticon

Awards
Cut out one of those cups of rice and up the cardio a little bit and see how you feel in 2 weeks. If u like the progress continue on. If you aren't leaning out then cut out another cup or increase cardio. You may lose some strength/endurance, but if you're trying to see abs you gotta cut back some to burn the fat.

HeizzMP

HeizzMP

Awards
OP, to gain weight/size you just need to ensure that your eating in a caloric surplus. Have you looked at some calculators online to see roughly how many calories a day you should be consuming? This should be your first step. If you're not meeting these requirements, then you'll need to up your calories to ensure that you're eating enough to gain the desired weight/size.

stepkelin

Awards
Your diet plan is very good, carry-on. you got your weight in few months.
How Teeth And Diet Cause Back Pain