Help Placing My Macros

O

Ott

Awards
So, I've gotten my estimated daily caloric intake from some online calculator. And I've been trying to separate my proteins/fats/carbs between 6 meals throughout the day. My progress:

Meal #1: Breakfast
P: 33g
C: 0g
F: 16g

Meal #2: Pre-Workout
C:

Meal #3: Post-Workout
C:

Meal #4: Lunch
C:

Meal #5: Dinner
C:

Meal #6: Last Meal
C: 0g

Now my problem is, I'm not sure how I should distribute my carbs throughout. I really don't know how much should go where. Any advice appreciated!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
F-96g
P-198g
Cho- ??

You didn't mention how many grams of cho you're allotting yourself daily.

Don't focus on having a perfect ratio at each meal. Focus on hitting your macros/micros for the day. You CAN (don't necessarily have to) eat more cho around/intra/post workout if you want.

O

Ott

Awards
F-96g
P-198g
Cho- ??

You didn't mention how many grams of cho you're allotting yourself daily.

Don't focus on having a perfect ratio at each meal. Focus on hitting your macros/micros for the day. You CAN (don't necessarily have to) eat more cho around/intra/post workout if you want.
Whoops, I completely forgot that. My carb intake should be about 220g.

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
You looking to lean up I'm guessing?
I would do it something like:

C: 10g

C:50g

C: 60g

C:40

C: 20g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did the calculator tell you you needed 6 meals too?

O

Ott

Awards
I
You looking to lean up I'm guessing?
I would do it something like:

C: 10g

C:50g

C: 60g

C: 20g
Yeah, I'm at about 22% bf and trying to drop to 15%.
What kind of carbs would you place in those spots?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your macro split doesn't have to be equal for all meals. Just eat what you can, when you can. There isn't any science behind it. Hitting your daily macros is what you should be aiming for, not how much of each you should consume in each meal. You're majoring in the minors by doing that and in the long run, won't make a hell of a difference body composition wise. It may however, make your hair fll out by stressing over little things.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Your macro split doesn't have to be equal for all meals. Just eat what you can, when you can. There isn't any science behind it. Hitting your daily macros is what you should be aiming for, not how much of each you should consume in each meal. You're majoring in the minors by doing that and in the long run, won't make a hell of a difference body composition wise. It may however, make your hair fll out by stressing over little things.
This ^^^^

There is SOME benefit to meal timing but it is negligible for most. You should be focusing on daily macros.

Also, 6 meals a day isn't typically the best, if for no reason other than mTOR activation via protein (leucine specifically) has a refractory period of 3-4 hours before you can ramp it up again. Eating every two hours doesn't give your body enough time to hit baseline before cranking up mTOR again.

O

Ott

Awards
This ^^^^

There is SOME benefit to meal timing but it is negligible for most. You should be focusing on daily macros.

Also, 6 meals a day isn't typically the best, if for no reason other than mTOR activation via protein (leucine specifically) has a refractory period of 3-4 hours before you can ramp it up again. Eating every two hours doesn't give your body enough time to hit baseline before cranking up mTOR again.
I was actually about to rewrite my meal plan. I was going to bump it down to about 4-5 meals (1 meal being only a protein shake immediately after workout).
Seems like it'd be easier not having to worry about how many macros per meal. Makes meal prepping a little easier. Thanks to everyone who replied!

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I was actually about to rewrite my meal plan. I was going to bump it down to about 4-5 meals (1 meal being only a protein shake immediately after workout).
Seems like it'd be easier not having to worry about how many macros per meal. Makes meal prepping a little easier. Thanks to everyone who replied!
No problem.

We're here to help. Wishing you the best man. Keep us posted on progress and always feel free to reach out to me if you need more info/advice.

O

Ott

Awards
No problem.

We're here to help. Wishing you the best man. Keep us posted on progress and always feel free to reach out to me if you need more info/advice.
I'll do my best. I'm possibly leaving for basic training within a month (if everything goes right). Just trying to be in the best shape before then.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't fall victim to thinking you need to have a protein shake post workout. I would try to limit myself to one scoop of protein powder a day max. I would use protein powder when convenient, not because I have read and been told post workout is the best time to have liquid protein.

O

Ott

Awards
Don't fall victim to thinking you need to have a protein shake post workout. I would try to limit myself to one scoop of protein powder a day max. I would use protein powder when convenient, not because I have read and been told post workout is the best time to have liquid protein.
That's what works best for me. Just to get one in right after

Dulce

Dulce

Awards
ditto. Everyone is different. I have friends who compete and they only eat 3 large meals a day. I know others who do eat 6 meals a day. I tend to eat only if I am hungry and biologically for me, thats about 4-5 meals (2-3 meals, 1-2 snacks)/day. If you are going to do a pro competition than exact meal timing "may" make a difference but for the m ost part, people don't see the gains or leaness they are aiming for because they are cheating on their diet too much.