What's your monthly bulling and cutting budget?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
What's your monthly bulking and cutting budget?

What's your monthly food budget when bulking and cutting?

Do you care about hormones in your meat?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
$200 a month for groceries and no.
What are you eating that you last on $200 a month? I burn through about $10 of chicken breast alone every 2 days. Granted I buy the hormone free and fresh cut stuff because that's the only way my wife will eat her bit of it.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
What are you eating that you last on $200 a month? I burn through about $10 of chicken breast alone every 2 days. Granted I buy the hormone free and fresh cut stuff because that's the only way my wife will eat her bit of it.
Pizza, chips, soda.. Lol. Bargain shopper

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I only buy stuff that is on sale and use coupons. Know your stores coupon policy. Many double up to a dollar AND accept ecpupons, if they offer that. For example, I picked up a half gallon of almond milk and your standard box of cereal yesterday for $1.74. The milk alone is usually 2.99.

I stock up when stuff is on sale, for example, when chicken breast is 1.99/lb, I will buy 5 or 6 trays. Also, you're going to pay more for that hippy crap.

Weathermark

Weathermark

Awards
  • Established
I spend about $120 a month on chicken and pasta/rice. $80-$100 a month on whey/casein protein.

Weathermark

Weathermark

Awards
  • Established
Two. Whey after gym and casein before bed but they are normally double scoops. Its roughly $40 for both tubs...every two weeks or so, give or take I buy more. Sometimes I'll use more if we're on the road one day or something...you know how it is lol

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Two. Whey after gym and casein before bed but they are normally double scoops. Its roughly $40 for both tubs...every two weeks or so, give or take I buy more. Sometimes I'll use more if we're on the road one day or something...you know how it is lol
So it is safe to say, depending on the brand you're using, you're getting 90-100 grams of protein daily through shakes. What is your daily protein intake?

Weathermark

Weathermark

Awards
  • Established
So it is safe to say, depending on the brand you're using, you're getting 90-100 grams of protein daily through shakes. What is your daily protein intake?
About 350-400grams a day.

Weathermark

Weathermark

Awards
  • Established
More like 300, sorry lol. When I'm full cutting Im at 400. I count calories/carbs/protein etc but I'm not anal about it. I'm not hitting the stage or nothing.

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
What's your monthly food budget when bulking and cutting?

Do you care about hormones in your meat?
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I don't view my food as something I need to budget myself on.

It's one of our most important expenses and I'm not going to skimp on food quality to save a few pennies.

Yes, I do care about hormones in my meat. Not only that, but I prefer to buy meat from local farmers who raise their animals ethically.

I have no problem paying more for it. It also tastes way better.

If I had to pull a number out of my hat and guess on how much I spend per month on food and protein powder, probably somewhere around $300-$500?

When bulking it's definitely towards the higher end.

Also depends on if I go into Whole Foods hungry or not, since I tend to buy everything in sight when I do.

jimjones87

Awards
$300-400 probably

Bulking up without getting too dirty is kinda pricy

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
$300-$400 here as well, bulking or cutting.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I eat about 300 a month in food but coupon ,bulk buy and don't care about hippy ****.

It's all about getting 2800+ calories regardless of goals. I've been up near 4.5k calories before. That was a bit expensive.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A lot.

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
During this bulking cycle I have decided to eat skinless chicken breast, rice, black beans, wild caught cod, Kodiak pancake mix, blueberries and strawberries, milk, rolled oats, multi grain cereals, vegetables such as choy and spinach, fish, and potatoes. Just don't really see the reason to spend money on anything else other than olive oil. I will throw in some avocado in my diet as well and peanut butter along with Ezekiel bread. This will save me tons of money because beef is expensive plus provide me with what I need to gain lean muscle and keep fat gain moderated.

I believe my monthly budget will run me roughly about $400 dollars a month due to all the food I will be eating.