Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Man Eats Chipolte for 100+ Days

Chipotle Lover Has Eaten at Restaurant Every Day For Over 100 Days - Great Ideas : People.com

Finding a person who loves Chipotle isn’t hard.

Finding someone who will eat at the Mexican food chain for 100 days (straight!) is a bit more difficult.

But this person does exist: It’s Mark Rantal, a Colorado Springs, CO-based graphic designer. For the past 106 days (and counting!) Rantal has eaten a meal at Chipotle for lunch.

This never-ending Chipotle-fest didn’t start as such. It all began on a Monday, when Rantal decided to visit the restaurant for lunch. He went back on Tuesday, and then again with a friend on Wednesday, and before he knew it, it was a week. Then a month.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd like to see someone try that with Taco Bell lol.

Sponsored by Depends.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some people go to McDonalds everyday would be similar
That guy would be my dad ^^ (Mcdonalds)
I have hard time finding anything I like at McDonalds. Asian chicken wrap is about it, besides breakfast.

Just heard they have oreo frappe, might have to check that out.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Follow up story: man has diarrhea for 101+ days

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
personally i think chipolte is overpriced
i got their steak burrito once it was 9$ and very dry.
Did not return.
I hear that. I very rarely go out to eat any more because I can cook just about everything that I like to eat and it costs so much less, tastes a lot better, and its always fresh. you could feed a family a meal of home made burritos for, 10 bucks.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
personally i think chipolte is overpriced
i got their steak burrito once it was 9$ and very dry.
Did not return.
moes > chipotle in terms of wetness. It's why my brother loves it so much.
The meat is better at chipotle but I like the toppings more at moes.

Also ate at bluebird in cali, ate a burrito the size of my head. Taste kind of blended together though

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
only been to Moe's once and got the homewrecker. supposed to be the biggest burrito and it lasted 5 bites.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I remember going to Micky D's and it cost only $10 for two meal deals. Now it's just crazy. It almost doesn't make sense to go out to eat anymore. If I do I want a great deal or I want quality food that should be at least as good as or better than what I can make at home.

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I remember going to Micky D's and it cost only $10 for two meal deals. Now it's just crazy. It almost doesn't make sense to go out to eat anymore. If I do I want a great deal or I want quality food that should be at least as good as or better than what I can make at home.
I'm with you on that. I have been working on being very careful with my finances so I can hopefully buy a home within the next couple of years, and it's seems like the price of all fast food has skyrocketed. If the price hasn't increased, than the portion sizes has decreased, and even sometimes both.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
A steak/chicken + potato + vegetable meal out is like 10-20$ depending on where you live and where you go

10lbs of potatoes = 4-5$
5lbs Chicken = 10$
Bag of veggies = 2-3$

and you can make it about 10 times.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I rarely eat out, but when I do it is something like all you can eat sushi which is pretty hard to duplicate all the varieties on offer and I actually made my own sushi rolls a few times with my sister lol. Making the rice is a pain!

OR 8+ lbs of food at a BBQ joint up here in Canada for $40 CDN which is like $32 US right now. booneman77 knows what I am talking about

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I rarely eat out, but when I do it is something like all you can eat sushi which is pretty hard to duplicate all the varieties on offer and I actually made my own sushi rolls a few times with my sister lol. Making the rice is a pain!

OR 8+ lbs of food at a BBQ joint up here in Canada for $40 CDN which is like $32 US right now. booneman77 knows what I am talking about
I travel almost 100% of the time for work now and still prefer to hit a grocery store vs restaurants.

And yes, the BBQ... That was worth it ;)