easy way to cool chicken

bobsaget2191

bobsaget2191

Awards
came upon this while deciding how to cook my chicken tonight maybe everyone already knows this but I didn't figured id share it and must say very impressed with it lol chicken was moist moist moist!

How To Cook Moist & Tender Chicken Breasts Every Time
What You Need
Ingredients
1 to 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, of similar size
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil, unsalted butter, or combination of both

Equipment
Heavy Mason jar or wide drinking glass
Wide (10-inch) sauté pan with lid
Tongs or spatula

Instructions
Flatten the chicken breasts: Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness with the bottom of a wide jar or glass. You can also (carefully!) use the handle of a heavy chef's knife.
Season the chicken breasts: Lightly salt and pepper the chicken breasts.
Prepare the pan: Heat the sauté pan over medium-high heat. When it is quite hot, add the olive oil (or butter, if using). Swirl the pan so it is lightly covered with the olive oil.
Cook the chicken breasts for 1 minute without moving: Turn the heat to medium. Add the chicken breasts. Cook for just about 1 minute to help them get a little golden on one side (you are not actually searing or browning them).
Flip the chicken breasts: Then flip each chicken breast over.
Turn the heat down to low: Turn the heat to low.
Cover the pan and cook on low for 10 minutes. Cover with a tight-fitting lid. Set a timer for 10 minutes, and walk away. Do not lift the lid; do not peek.
Turn off the heat and let sit for an additional 10 minutes: After 10 minutes have elapsed, turn off the heat. (If you have an electric stove, remove the pan from the heat.) Reset the timer for 10 minutes and leave the chicken breasts in the pan. Again, do not lift the lid; do not peek.
Remove lid and take temperature: After the 10 minutes are up, take the lid off, and your chicken is done. Make sure there is no pink in the middle of the chicken breasts. If you want to be absolutely sure it is cooked, you can use an instant-read thermometer to check (the chicken should be at least 165°F). Slice and eat. Store any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Best oven cooked chicken ever I have been doing this for years

jwinak82

jwinak82

Awards
find a cool place and let it sit there until desired coolness. That sounds easier than it is.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
find a cool place and let it sit there until desired coolness. That sounds easier than it is.
I think he meant cook not cool

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I totally agree! honestly amazed how well this worked lol I loath dry chicken!!!!
For sure but for real the hardest part is not picking up that lid

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Woops. Sorry, my bad, I was just excited to share my wealth of knowledge.
Damn sarcasm is so hard to decipher on the internet!:laugh:

bobsaget2191

bobsaget2191

Awards
yea I tried tapping the lid to clear it up cause I wanted to look so damn bad

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I typically cook a huge amount in the oven that is meant to last me a few days, but will give this a shot.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Who just buy a slow cooker. There is no cooking involved, easy clean up, and chicken is always tender and moist.

jwinak82

jwinak82

Awards
I have a slow cooker and once week I cook like 4 pounds of ground turkey. Throw some coconut oil in there and what ever spices. I use it for every thing. You just have to make sure to drain the fat before it cools. It really is supper easy.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a slow cooker and once week I cook like 4 pounds of ground turkey. Throw some coconut oil in there and what ever spices. I use it for every thing. You just have to make sure to drain the fat before it cools. It really is supper easy.
Set it and forget it. Put it on before you go to work and come home to cooked meat.

bobsaget2191

bobsaget2191

Awards
no brine no sauce no nothing just the meat and cooks evenly?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
no brine no sauce no nothing just the meat and cooks evenly?
You can throw in sauces if you want, the meat will absorb the flavor. For example, if you want BBQ chicken, throw in some chicken breast, seasoning if you want, and BBQ sauce. Let it cook on low for 6-8 hours and that's it. If you want shredded chicken, take two forks to it about 4-5 hours in and simply pull it apart.

I typically just throw a splash of water in mine, add the chicken, add seasoning and that's it. Sometimes lemon juice.

You can also make chili, stews, and add potatoes and other things to the meat to make a complete meal.

bobsaget2191

bobsaget2191

Awards
an it keeps it moist!? I have a slow cooker only used for chilli now I'm mad lol

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes...the slower you cook something, the more moist and tender it will be.