Anyone "see stars" during their workout???

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't happen often, but today I was doing heavy deadlift and back rows and started "seeing stars". This lasted for a solid 10 or 15 minutes and I became worried about continuing the workout. I tried to calm down and drank some sugar in case that was the problem. It did eventually clear up and I finished the workout.

Anyone have this happen? I should not have low blood sugar on 4,000 cals a day. Hope I do not have a cardiovascular disease.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
From legs? Yes but usually when dieting and don't have enough carbs.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Also my blood pressure always seems low. Just now it is 110/73.

The other night it was something like 96/63!!!

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Now that definitely could be it. Do you have a history of this?

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Never had BP issues, but normally it would be somewhat higher.

Will be seeing a doc to discuss, although I don't have health insurance despite the federal mandate. So not much a simple office visit will detect.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I did, I started taking an intra workout bcaa/eaa with simple carbs and taking longer rest periods... Made all the difference for me

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also my blood pressure always seems low. Just now it is 110/73.

The other night it was something like 96/63!!!
Do you ever feel light headed as well? Or feel like you're not getting enough oxygen to your brain?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Maybe when you go to the doctor, they will be able to help more. Some people just naturally have a lower blood pressure.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
You have a low resting heart rate?

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
doing heavy deadlift and started "seeing stars". Anyone have this happen?
Yeah, nearly every time. I grab a bench, bust a chill, drink some water, and have someone else put more weight on the bar. Usually it's only the first heavy one I pull. Goes away after a couple minutes. Its just my body adjusting to the weight. Happens to me the first couple weeks I get back into my bench press shirt.

CNS distress, holding my breath and a lot of weight. Ryan Kennelly said the first time he benched 900 he couldn't hear anything but ringing for a half hour.

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
I get this occasionally during heavy deads and squats. Sometimes after an intense hockey game too. My doctor said it was low iron but popping iron pills didn't work. The only thing that seems to work for me is longer rest periods and more fluid.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i've only experienced stars during 1 rep squats or dc style squats.....I also have a bad neck muscle and it gives me trouble, sometimes that causes it

Tufts604

Tufts604

Awards
I used to only get this during big and heavy leg movements. I now get it occasionally when really pushing any larger movement.
If seems to occur after a certain point of exersion. I always assumed it was the same thing as blacking out just not to that point. Your bodies focus becomes getting blood to your muscles not your brain. I always assumed this was normal if training very hard. It makes sense too me. A pilot during manoeuvres experiences a similar thing i believe. Simple due to lack of blood and oxygen. The cause is different but the affect is similar.

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes it happens to me, mainly on legs day and deadlifts but it can happen in any exercice i have to stand. Thats why i always prefer exercices i can be laying or seated.

Since i remember, i always had trouble staying up to long, worse with higher temperture or exercice. It seems i will faint.

My BP is fine while resting. On these moments i have no idea.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone "see stars" during their workout???

Happens everyday I train especially when it's a fully body movement (e.g. any of the big three).

Tufts604

Tufts604

Awards
Rodja any explanation to why? Is it due to oxygen requirements of the muscles?

LightzOut

LightzOut

Awards
Not sure what the symptoms would be but I have heard of people detaching their retina from lifting too heavy. Be safe man.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On heavy legs, yes.

Dulce

Dulce

Awards
It only happened to me once. I was holding my head/neck in a funky position that caused my nerve to get pinched. I was doing heavy deadlifts. the starry effect went away after a seconds. If it continues to happen to you, you should see a physician