Eating for your blood type.

Otheridstaken

Otheridstaken

Awards
Has anyone else tried eating for your blood type. It is something I have been trying recently. I have had issues with kidney stones, and it was suggested I give this a shot.
For me the biggest thing has been caffeine. Feel much better kicking that habit. Good news for me and other type O's. We can eat some meat. Good digestion. Other then that, the thyroid of O's need some TLC. Also recommended to be be grain and dairy free. Always been lactose intolerant anyway. Go with beef protein powder.

I have the chart if anyone is interested.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Just no.

No no no no no

:)

Otheridstaken

Otheridstaken

Awards
Don't knock it till you try it?

Or just no LOL

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Don't knock it till you try it? Or just no LOL
It just has zero scientific basis
At all

Blood type has zero influence on our digestive process or anything they claim

At a loss how they dreamed up the specific foods by type too

Otheridstaken

Otheridstaken

Awards
I was willing too try it further because of the coffee, dairy and grain. Always had issues with that stuff. On the other hand, Avocado was listed on the don't eat list. I use avocado oil for cooking and eat them all the time.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Has anyone else tried eating for your blood type. It is something I have been trying recently. I have had issues with kidney stones, and it was suggested I give this a shot.
For me the biggest thing has been caffeine. Feel much better kicking that habit. Good news for me and other type O's. We can eat some meat. Good digestion. Other then that, the thyroid of O's need some TLC. Also recommended to be be grain and dairy free. Always been lactose intolerant anyway. Go with beef protein powder.

I have the chart if anyone is interested.
Blood type diets make no sense whatsoever from a scientific standpoint.

To me, these things are a lot like star signs; the personality traits and what will happen could apply to anyone regardless (very general and non specific) but people buy into it because what they promote seems to apply to them (how many diets/ food plans state that what you are eating now makes you tired but that there diet will make you energetic?).

After changing what they recommend and boom, you have more energy and so you think theyre onto something, but they are not. Tye reasoning behind it isnt that it is because of your blood type, but rather because that would have happened anyway and could apply to anyone

Otheridstaken

Otheridstaken

Awards
Good way of putting it.
I notice the guy who started the idea also has his own supplement line that helps with specific blood types.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Good way of putting it.
I notice the guy who started the idea also has his own supplement line that helps with specific blood types.
However if it keeps you from eating crappy foods and you arnt paying for it (so long as it doesnt state to limit any health foods like fruits or veges etc) you are happy with how you feel, then keep at it!

Even if the science doesnt fit what they promote, it doesnt mean you cant follow it :)

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Makes no sense just eat real foods and when you buy boxed or package foods read the label, if it has ingredients you cant pronounce put it back on the shelf, double stuff Oreos get a pass tho