Gyno Surgery Help/ Tips

justjake

Awards
Hey guys so i scheduled my surgery for very early in May with Dr.Blau "regarded as the best gyno surgeon" and was wondering if any has any tips for me pre/post surgery. The gyno is actually very small but I still notice it enough where it bothered me to the degree where i want it gone. So far i about around 2 week out of surgery and spot all supplements and what not for the surgery. I am pretty nervous about it. Just thinking of A-Z what could go wrong or how my chest could look messed up after the fact. But it does give me piece of mind of how well every review Dr.Blau...and he is not cheap at all haha. So i was seeing if any had some tips for me to make this process as smooth as possible. I am also alittle worried about some fat gains and muscle loss.

Thanks,
Jake

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Follow doctors orders. Make sure you wear your post surgery compression shirt so your nips heal even. Take atleast 4 weeks off the gym, sleep on your back. That's all I can think of haha I had it done like 2 years ago. I'll answer any questions if you ask

justjake

Awards
Follow doctors orders. Make sure you wear your post surgery compression shirt so your nips heal even. Take atleast 4 weeks off the gym, sleep on your back. That's all I can think of haha I had it done like 2 years ago. I'll answer any questions if you ask
did you notice any fat gains or a little strength loss when you went back to the gym? I was thinking of doing some walking around week 2-3. Might drop my Macros a little since i wont be active. Not too sure yet.

Battossi

Awards
Hey guys so i scheduled my surgery for very early in May with Dr.Blau "regarded as the best gyno surgeon" and was wondering if any has any tips for me pre/post surgery. The gyno is actually very small but I still notice it enough where it bothered me to the degree where i want it gone. So far i about around 2 week out of surgery and spot all supplements and what not for the surgery. I am pretty nervous about it. Just thinking of A-Z what could go wrong or how my chest could look messed up after the fact. But it does give me piece of mind of how well every review Dr.Blau...and he is not cheap at all haha. So i was seeing if any had some tips for me to make this process as smooth as possible. I am also alittle worried about some fat gains and muscle loss.

Thanks,
Jake
First and foremost....someone is cutting you open and deviation from treatment is never a good idea.

As stated,do what the doctor orders.

As for exercise..
I see no problem at all with walking on the treadmill or walking at an Incline. Good research has been done to prove the positive effect of light exercise and post surgery recovery.
Most importantly ...ask your doctor about it.

Also, you shouldn't lose any appreciable amount of muscle in 4 weeks so no worries there.

As for fat gain, don't worry about it.
Treat recovery from surgery as the #1 priority. You'll look better from an aesthetic perspective without gyno anyway.

Good luck with your surgery brother and don't sweat the little fat gain. You plan to lift for the next year or more right? Plenty of time to shed some body fat of you choose to.

justjake

Awards
Thanks for your post dude. I have been over everything with the doctor and he said light exercise is fine at the 2-3 week mark. Makes me feel a little better about the surgery.

Battossi

Awards
Thanks for your post dude. I have been over everything with the doctor and he said light exercise is fine at the 2-3 week mark. Makes me feel a little better about the surgery.
Well then there you go! Just remember. Walking on a treadmill is just an example. There's other things you can do.

justjake

Awards
so just had my surgery and everything went well, sucks not being able to workout but my lower back has been hurting and the rest could be alright for it. Also should i drop my macros at all?

Battossi

Awards
so just had my surgery and everything went well, sucks not being able to workout but my lower back has been hurting and the rest could be alright for it. Also should i drop my macros at all?
Your choice

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you're worried about gaining fat post surgery, look into the velocity diet once you're able to train again. I gained a ton of weight after shoulder surgery, mind you I kept my macros the same and wasn't working out at all, and it was major surgery. The velocity diet fixed me up real quick though once I was back in the gym full force.