Meal Plan Help

DaLegend4445

Awards
I'm am looking to pack on a couple more pounds of muscle. Trying to get a little more cut, looking for a example of a meal plan . I know your meal plan is 90% of it.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The general consensus here is not what you would expect. Meaning, most won't recommend a specific meal plan, as in eat this then this etc. Instead you want to find how many kcals you need for maintenance and increase that amount. For food choices, eat nutrient dense foods with the occasional fun satisfying food. Just make sure you are getting enough protein in and then if you prefer low carb or low fat then hit those amounts as well.

ctoph11

ctoph11

Awards
As stated, yes, there is no real set meal plan that anyone will give you. No one thing that works for one will work for another. You have to find the calorie intake and macro intake that works for you and whatever your goal is.

It's a lot about calories in vs calories out (energy intake vs expenditure), though that's not the entire diet. You need to hit correct macros. If you don't have enough protein, you won't gain and retain muscle. If you don't have enough fats, your joints may hate you and your hormones may suffer. If you don't have enough carbs... well... who doesn't love carbs?

Don't worry as much about your micronutrients, though if you ever plan on competing, they will become important to you.

Again, as stated, go for nutrient rich and satisfying foods. I would track those on an app like MyFitnessPal and adjust your diet as needed from there. For cutting, do a bit lower of carbs with moderate protein and fats. It all depends on your body weight, type, height, how it reacts etc. I'm sure you can find more info about a good macro intake for your body composition online, though feel free to message me with any questions or recommendations that you may need. I can try to help you find a good intake and adjust according to how you react if you would like. Feel free to message me anytime.

I hope I could be of help! Good luck! Happy Training!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
As stated, yes, there is no real set meal plan that anyone will give you. No one thing that works for one will work for another. You have to find the calorie intake and macro intake that works for you and whatever your goal is.

It's a lot about calories in vs calories out (energy intake vs expenditure), though that's not the entire diet. You need to hit correct macros. If you don't have enough protein, you won't gain and retain muscle. If you don't have enough fats, your joints may hate you and your hormones may suffer. If you don't have enough carbs... well... who doesn't love carbs?

Don't worry as much about your micronutrients, though if you ever plan on competing, they will become important to you.

Again, as stated, go for nutrient rich and satisfying foods. I would track those on an app like MyFitnessPal and adjust your diet as needed from there. For cutting, do a bit lower of carbs with moderate protein and fats. It all depends on your body weight, type, height, how it reacts etc. I'm sure you can find more info about a good macro intake for your body composition online, though feel free to message me with any questions or recommendations that you may need. I can try to help you find a good intake and adjust according to how you react if you would like. Feel free to message me anytime.

I hope I could be of help! Good luck! Happy Training!
I agree with most but not worrying about micros unless competing? That is a recipe for disaster.

ctoph11

ctoph11

Awards
I agree with most but not worrying about micros unless competing? That is a recipe for disaster.
You think so? I mean, I would rather someone start counting macros and leave out micros rather than not get started on counting macros at all. To me, micros come with experience in knowing what to eat. I've been lifting for years and have both accounted for micros and left them out when counting and, though I do see difference, do not find it a necessity to stay within a strict range as an avid powerlifter who is in it for the therapy and the fun. But, what works for one doesn't always work for another. Obviously 10 grams of sodium a day isn't good, but I feel that an athlete that is in it to be healthy will know to stay away from that. I accept that I could be wrong though. The way I worded it makes it sound like they are obsolete. I apologize. To the OP, go ahead and take the advice on trying to count your micros as well. It will have an effect on your body composition, though I wouldn't say it would be a disaster to not. Sorry for the misinformation. Happy Training!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Counting micros? Dafuq?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Trying to pack on muscle and get more cut?

Calculate your tdee, determine how many solid meals you have time to consume in a day, divide calories by meals... then break down pro, fat, and carb per meal.... throw in a shake at the end of the day to make up for any missing macros....

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
You think so? I mean, I would rather someone start counting macros and leave out micros rather than not get started on counting macros at all. To me, micros come with experience in knowing what to eat. I've been lifting for years and have both accounted for micros and left them out when counting and, though I do see difference, do not find it a necessity to stay within a strict range as an avid powerlifter who is in it for the therapy and the fun. But, what works for one doesn't always work for another. Obviously 10 grams of sodium a day isn't good, but I feel that an athlete that is in it to be healthy will know to stay away from that. I accept that I could be wrong though. The way I worded it makes it sound like they are obsolete. I apologize. To the OP, go ahead and take the advice on trying to count your micros as well. It will have an effect on your body composition, though I wouldn't say it would be a disaster to not. Sorry for the misinformation. Happy Training!
Did you mean to not worry about micros as in not to count them or to not worry about getting enough?

I just meant to make sure you eat enough micronutrient rich foods rather than count them :)

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tip to assure micro intake, eat veggies and fruits by their colors utilizing the rainbow as a guide (think skittles). Don't stick to one fat, pro or carb source, consume dairy products if not intolerant and eat according to your intake. :)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ctoph11

ctoph11

Awards
Did you mean to not worry about micros as in not to count them or to not worry about getting enough?

I just meant to make sure you eat enough micronutrient rich foods rather than count them :)
ahhh okay! I think we're trying to say the same thing, I just worded it in a confusing way. Yes, I also meant to eat enough micronutrient rich foods, I just don't think one needs to be as strict on not going under or over on certain micros as opposed to hitting macros almost perfectly.

ufusannon

Awards
meal is important just eat something that organic or normal

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jlorenzo92 Nutrition / Health 12
Weight Loss 5
Weight Loss 13
xcharliemikex Nutrition / Health 8
Weight Loss 3