how to maintain insulin sensitivity with dextrose

FitnessLuke

Awards
Basically been using 30 grams during and 30 grams pwo. It's made a huge difference in my performance the past 4 weeks, but I'm afraid it'll lose it magic soon. I stay around 7% body fat, so would staying in single digit bf range help maintain insulin sensitivity or what else can I do

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
You stay at 7% all year round? That sounds horrible

FitnessLuke

Awards
You stay at 7% all year round? That sounds horrible
No, honestly it's not bad at all. My body prefers to be in the 7%-8% range, so it's really hard to break past 8%. I hate stuffing myself with 4000+ calories on a bulk, so I prefer being 7% all the time. I still manage to make some lean gains as well

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I'm just saying that cause I cnt do what you do. Being a hater right now.

Gda sounds good, I'm using recompadrol right now but they're gone. Try agmatine and slintensity or slinsane. Glycobol is also popular here

FitnessLuke

Awards
I'm just saying that cause I cnt do what you do. Being a hater right now.

Gda sounds good, I'm using recompadrol right now but they're gone. Try agmatine and slintensity or slinsane. Glycobol is also popular here
You're good bro. I'm just lucky with the skinny genes. Also college budget forces me to eat pretty clean since healthy food tends to be a lot cheaper than processed foods/ going out.

I'll look into the others, but had no idea agmatine was also useful for insulin sensitivity. I literally just bought some to run again, but I was just going for the nitric oxide effect

Battossi

Awards
Basically been using 30 grams during and 30 grams pwo. It's made a huge difference in my performance the past 4 weeks, but I'm afraid it'll lose it magic soon. I stay around 7% body fat, so would staying in single digit bf range help maintain insulin sensitivity or what else can I do
Workout. That should keep you sensitive enough to the hormones you need. There's no need to add extra unless you have a medical condition.

Some say take Glucose disposal agents but triglycerides are more likely to be stored as bodyfat. So...idk why. Especially if they workout with sufficient intensity.

However...taking a GDA on days of indulgence can help. Personally...they give me hypo symptoms.

I used to be 385 lbs + so...if I don't need gdas...you probably don't.

Not to say don't experiment.

If you truely do maintain 7% and have for 4 weeks then stop over thinking fat gain and carbs. They don't make you fat. Nor does insulin in a normal healthy person. Quite the opposite in active people.

Battossi

Awards
Workout. That should keep you sensitive enough to the hormones you need. There's no need to add extra unless you have a medical condition.

Some say take Glucose disposal agents but triglycerides are more likely to be stored as bodyfat. So...idk why. Especially if they workout with sufficient intensity.

However...taking a GDA on days of indulgence can help. Personally...they give me hypo symptoms.

I used to be 385 lbs + so...if I don't need gdas...you probably don't.

Not to say don't experiment.

If you truely do maintain 7% and have for 4 weeks then stop over thinking fat gain and carbs. They don't make you fat. Nor does insulin in a normal healthy person. Quite the opposite in active people.
I should note in calorie excess a nutrient partitioner would be of better use.

FitnessLuke

Awards
I should note in calorie excess a nutrient partitioner would be of better use.
Thank you very informative. I guess there is also truth to what you say since I've still been having a high intake of carbs intra and post workout and haven't gained any fat.